Thread: Cloud coming to smash Bros

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 66

Default Cloud coming to smash Bros

If you know the story behind FF7 was spouse to be on n64 but the ditch that idea went to ps1. well i think it werid they put in a well know Final fantasy character from playstation brand on the wii u and 3ds lol

does this mead F77 Remake coming to wii u to lol

Hoshigami Reputation: 482

The Final Fantasy series has had games on Nintendo systems for years and still continues to do so, so it's not all that strange for a character from one of the most popular to appear in Smash. A lot of companies decided not to mess with Nintendo around that time because the N64 couldn't hold much data on it's cartridges, while Playstation was putting theirs on CDs. That allowed for a lot of things that couldn't have been done before, like all those movies in FF 7-9. If Nintendo had decided to make the switch to discs sooner, FF might have stayed on their consoles, instead of all the major series being with Sony and they get all the spin offs.

Most Nintendo fans that played the older installments of FF don't care for most the FF games that came after 6 except for 9, because it's more like the previous games. If anything, people would probably want a FF 9 remake. I never cared for FF7 myself tbh.

As for Cloud in Smash, a new character is a new character and his moveset looks decent. I'll probably check him out. He was probably chosen due to popularity.

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 143

Choose a bad Final Fantasy rep and a bad new character. We don't need another Marth already have like 6 of him.

in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151

I'm finally getting a Wiiu for Xmas, and it's the smash splatoon bundle!