Thread: Wakfu anyone?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 131

This has probably been asked too many times, but what's the difference between Wakfu and Dofus?

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Waifu, Wakfu same difference lol.

Dofus is a much older game, although made by the same developers. From what I know, Dofus has the same combat system, but is more focused on crafting as a means to progress and from what I hear it is extremely difficult to currently start as a new player (without assistance from a veteran) because of the necessity of almost all crafting professions to gear your character. Personally I've never played Dofus, but I also hear that it is more tactically based than Wakfu. In Dofus you can sell the in game currency to purchase ogrines (the real money currency) to purchase things.

Wakfu I personally believe has a better art style, and a more persistent sandbox type world. Wakfu you drop equipment from dungeons/creatures. Crafting is very helpful, but most certainly not necessary. Wakfu is free to play with a cash shop, but nothing from the cash shop is overpowered. Some would argue otherwise because of the release of the hero mode, but that's just basically being able to play another character from the same account. Subscription is definitely helpful, but again, not necessary. The boost it gives you doesn't give any player more of a power advantage than any other.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head right now, I'll try to fill in more if I think of anything or if you have any specific questions between the differences.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 48

Also even though this says dofus wakfu is also getting this class just thought it would be nice to let people know about their upcoming update.I still dont know what type of class they are (close combat,ranged,Tank,Healer,etc) Well im going to go with close combat since i see them use a sword,Regardless i think this class looks amazing,So im trying to get my first 2 characters to over 150 so my 3rd character being "huppermage" will level up at 3x exp and that is not including the december bonuses given that this class is released in december. heres an image of what the class looks like. ignore the twitch thing its the only screnshot i found with a male huppermage,Also i dont even know that person nor do i even play DOFUS. Just clarifying not trying to advertise for anyone.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 131

Hmm...I actually bought a month of Dofus and I adore the crafting, but Wakfu sounds a bit more user and newbie friendly.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

There are only 2 classes that are basically "bad" at this point in time and thats the Xelor and the Eliotrope, although both aren't really that bad. Xelor used to be OP, but got one of their essential skills overnerfed, making them a much less effective class than they once were. Eliotrope, is in a better spot than they once were in the past, but because they're definitely most strategic based to be effective, they kind of fall short because some people just don't listen to each other. Every other class in the game in my opinion is pretty balanced.

In regard to finding builds Abhorsen, the english forums has pretty updated guides. If you can't find one regarding a specific class, I can definitely find one for you that works. And even if things do change in the game, they always offer respecs when they do and if you end up liking a different build later on, you can also farm items to reset your stats/skills in the game. If guides on specific classes is the only thing holding you back from this game, I definitely got you covered