Thread: Ever write out computer/video game ideas just for fun?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 131

Default Ever write out computer/video game ideas just for fun?

I made a list of characters knowing their personality and looks and categorized them in a big chart by female or male mage, rogue, warrior, with more specific class and equipment information listed under their names, and by basic story alignments Good, Neutral, and Evil.

Aaaand I doubt I'll actually do anything with this, but if I ever made a game I'd probably use these characters in a visual novel kinda thing with rpg elements.

Or, I dunno, maybe a deity / rpg town simulator with Tomodachi Life like elements.

But, instead of "I wanna be friends with so and so, what should I do to get along with them?" it would be stuff like a crusader character saying "I want to force this person to convert or kill them! Will you favor me if I do that, my lord?" or a pirate character "I want to steal some gems from their shop and sell em on the black market! You'll forgive me, right, lord?" And you pick and choose your favorite characters out of the cast trying to be an evil or good god or whatever.

Oh oh oh, and characters can die or become very powerful rulers depending on how you sway the townsfolk.

Yup.

The game I'll never make cuz my brain is rather...scattered I'll say and won't let me concentrate on this.

So, do you have game ideas?

Not caring if it's original or not, would you make your game if you think you had the skills, money, and equipment for it?

Or would you just let it stay an idea to dwell on but never achieve for various reasons?

GRADSCHOOLISHARD Reputation: 785

hmm yeah actually

I had one idea for an RPG but where there are only a handful of fights, like a dozen or so - but each battle was like a puzzle. the "level" before it is spent investigating, completing side quests and training for the upcoming duel. major emphasis on story, and picking up clues on what the upcoming enemy is weak against.

prolly something i could make in rpgmaker if i felt like it

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 58

Game design documents are a pretty important part of development. The projects I've worked on without designers or a strong presence by them have always suffered from it. Keep designing and you'll have a game pretty soon. Making the game is then the next step, and there are a lot of free and powerful tools, tutorials, and other people like you out there that you can use to make it a reality.

in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151

I sometimes convince myself I have a really great idea, even going so far as to write it down and save the info. I had one that was really detailed and intricate.

Then I let myself get in the way of myself and delete everything because I'm not confident in my writing ability.

the only way you can become a better writer is to write, mang. don't be so hard on yrself/

Game Journalist Reputation: 490

I've created a few bare-bones game design documents in my time. However, I've essentially decided that it's not my calling.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 55

Don't steal my idea, but I came up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Birdles,,, it's like an assortment of mutant birds that fight evil, they would look like Jim Henson puppets just like the turtles... you know I feel like birds are getting a bad rap, and this could really bring out their strengths, you know like a big seagull , a tough sparrow , you know maybe a real wise black hat chickadee, but of course they are all ninjas.

I would probably get sued by the Ninja Turtle guys though.

dont call em super mutant ninja birds man, that's a bit too on the nose

try mega malformed assassin birds or somethin

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 55

nah they aren't even mutants, but it sounded good at the time, this birds are like regular form, only they wear a bandana, and carry guns instead of different swords and poles, and they can also shoot fire from their mouth like a dragon, but each one is different, even one of them is a frog with wings.