Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VEGAN 2016 - THE FILM: A Growing Movement Under Attack

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 95

Default VEGAN 2016 - THE FILM: A Growing Movement Under Attack

I highly recommend watching the entire video, but the speech at 24:43 is really powerful:

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 28

Can you **** off and just let us kill and eat things thanks love you

A Shrubbery Reputation: 124
    i light up like a genie and i blow up on this song

are things you can be not interesting unless if you can turn into a group and say its under attack. just do your own thing and be happy.

ty potat ilu :3

Quote Originally Posted by The Poacher View Post
    Can you **** off and just let us kill and eat things thanks love you
    No. =^^= If I don't have the right to kill and eat you, an animal, then you should not have the right to kill and eat other animals.

Quote Originally Posted by ehhh View Post
    are things you can be not interesting unless if you can turn into a group and say its under attack. just do your own thing and be happy.
    There is a lot of government controlled propaganda to manipulate people to stay complacent in their shitty eating habits, as stated in the video. You can continue to be a slave and gurgle the dicks of rich-as-fvck corporatists who make money off of your ignorance, or you can be informed and stop exploiting and murdering innocent beings that literally do nothing beneficial for the human-animal body.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 281

Quote Originally Posted by Hello Kitty View Post
    stop exploiting and murdering innocent beings that literally do nothing beneficial for the human-animal body.
    idk meat is pretty good. I had iron deficiency anemia for my entire childhood, up until like my second year of university where I was only iron defecient. Now I'm fine, no iron probs.

I used to take supplements but honestly couldn't be bothered to take them all the time, sometimes I'd leave them at home and would be gone for months, and wouldn't be able to get the same strength stuff w/o a prescription. I remember doctorS (I've seen multiple doctors about this) telling my mom "yes spinach/lentils (aka brown ppl fav food) is rich in iron, but (can't remember exactly so I really shouldn't be using quotes) it's not as efficient or doesn't get AS absorbed/broken down as the iron from meats (something like that)".

so yeah I think there is some value in eating meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilla View Post
    idk meat is pretty good. I had iron deficiency anemia for my entire childhood, up until like my second year of university where I was only iron defecient. Now I'm fine, no iron probs.

I used to take supplements but honestly couldn't be bothered to take them all the time, sometimes I'd leave them at home and would be gone for months, and wouldn't be able to get the same strength stuff w/o a prescription. I remember doctorS (I've seen multiple doctors about this) telling my mom "yes spinach/lentils (aka brown ppl fav food) is rich in iron, but (can't remember exactly so I really shouldn't be using quotes) it's not as efficient or doesn't get AS absorbed/broken down as the iron from meats (something like that)".

One of the most common misconceptions is that doctors automatically know about nutrition because they're doctors. Even I thought this. This isn't true. Doctors are not nutritionists (and in the US, this title isn't very solid either). Nutritionists are nutritionists. Family physicians basically only know how to treat symptoms and the like with medicines. Some of them know more, but it's because they've taken it upon themselves to research it. And like anyone else, where they get their information matters. Even doctors can be victims to fake articles and shoddy studies. But anyway, doctors aren't taught nutrition. At least that's what I've been told by multiple sources, one being Dr. Michael Greger, and another being a medical student I know personally.

Here's a relative, informative, and entertaining video.

I would rely more on a reputable nutritionist for advice than a doctor.

It wasn't very clear, but have you been eating meat your whole life, yet still needed supplements? What was your diet like as a child? Did you just start eating meat during your second year of university? Moreover, do you solely eat meat or do you eat beans and greens too? Did you also increase the amount and/or types of plants you eat recently? Do you know if you have a health condition?

These are all pretty important questions that may answer or help discover the possible reason why you had an iron deficiency.

Here's a really helpful video about iron. Emily has a lot of really great information.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 860

yeah no thanks, i wouldnt even become vegan if i had to slaughter my own food for the rest of my life. i know 3 vegans in real life and they are either:
    1: constantly trying to push their eating habits upon others as if its a religion. i believe you fit well into this section.
    2: complaining about how they cant take a proper shit
    3: too busy being sick all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhorsen View Post
    yeah no thanks, i wouldnt even become vegan if i had to slaughter my own food for the rest of my life. i know 3 vegans in real life and they are either:
    1: constantly trying to push their eating habits upon others as if its a religion. i believe you fit well into this section.
    2: complaining about how they cant take a proper shit
    3: too busy being sick all the time.
    Yes, because one vegan in each of those categories means all vegans push their beliefs, complain about shitting, or are sick all of the time.

The most vocal and controversial vegans may push their beliefs, but they're a minority. The vast majority of vegans are actually afraid to share info with people because of the ignorant backlash that always occurs. You can find the controversial vegans on YouTube easily, but you have to actually manually search videos to find the other hundreds of non-controversial vegans that are rampant on YouTube.

My boyfriend went out to celebrate our friend's Birthday tonight. He ordered a Gardein burger (which is amazing, by the way) and the guys started giving him shit for being vegan. A couple of them are real big gaping a$$holes who we try to avoid, but obviously can't in such a setting. Like, they-probably-fvck-underage-drunk-girls-at-college-parties a$$holes. My boyfriend is not like me in the sense that he doesn't bring up veganism or try to get people to convert through knowledge. He's a chill, happy-go-lucky guy. He believes what I believe, but he just isn't the type to pursue opposition or bring it up unprovoked.

1. If I was someone you respected and liked, you probably would be more open-minded to my proposition. Humans tend to work this way. It's most obvious and common in children.

2. I can tell you about my friend who has gone plant-based who couldn't shit either...because of a medication she was taking to help her get pregnant. Veganism does not automatically mean every health problem stems from being vegan.

I take a shit 1-3 times a day, everyday. I haven't missed a single poop since being vegan. I shat maybe three times a week when I wasn't vegan, though.

3. Veganism doesn't automatically mean a person will be healthy, nor has anyone ever claimed you won't get sick, ever, being a vegan. lol Plants are very nutritious, but they're not God particles that enter our bodies through our throats.

There is such a thing as a "junk food vegan." I get sick when I eat commercially processed foods and/or foods that contain oil more than once a week. Oil is on the same level of bad as animal products. Oil clogs arteries like animal fat does. It also causes my period cycles to last longer (time in between periods), it causes my period itself to last longer, it causes my period to be very heavy, and it causes me to have cramps, something of which I completely eliminated going vegan, until I had a couple junk food/oil indulgences.

When I wasn't vegan, I had a period maybe once every 2-3 months, sometimes longer. In fact, I never had a stable period in my life until I went vegan. Although, that's probably mostly attributed to eating very little whole plants such as fruits and vegetables.

I do know that I experience extremely strong cramps after not eating any animal products for months and accidentally eating some cheese or meat. (This has happened a few times because the employees frequently fvck-up my Taco Bell orders). My boyfriend just ate cheese the other day for the first time since converting over a year ago because they fvcked-up his order too, and he experienced persistent, painful cramps for hours afterwards. Gotta check dem orders. Otherwise bean and rice burritos, fresco style, with guac, and optional potatoes, tastes fvcking bomb as fvck. Not healthy, but bomb as fvck.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422

Nice movie ... liked it ... now i am going to eat my nice and tasty chicken with sweet chilli sauce u can go eat grass... cheers everyone is happy!
    Last edited by poeticas; 01-05-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 673

I started watching it, but it was dumb, so I decided I don't have time for that kind of unpleasantness.

If you need political activism to get people to eat your kind of food, it's because it isn't any good.
    Why even talk about it? There is no point, or case.

You know if all you can do is cause a ruckus, why not stop? I personally am a bit puzzled by it. This movies, those peoples actions, they aren't made to convince anyone. They don't make any form of argument, they don't appeal to reason, they just "are". It's all noise, it's garbage and a waste of time.

You know I'll bring up a concept from cultural innovation, which is the idea of "paradigm shifts". Let's assume vegan eating habits are a new paradigm and let's assume they are going to succeed what is common now. There are always 2 parallel developments:
    First off, people split into camps, after that they fight the opposing camp.
    Secondly, the paradigm is either useful and practical and slowly spreads by being incorporated by more people, while the old habits are dropped, eg. the paradigm shifts from old to new.

Contrary to what might be intuitive when you observe the energy people are throwing into fighting, those two parallel developments do not actually overlap. Basically people just like to fight. Other than that nature takes it's cause. I don't think that right now, a vegan lifestyle is particularly healthy, practical, or beneficial to animals, or even enjoyable. It might be, if medical science and food production further advance.
    Other than that, the fight is so contrarian here, that it is essentially pointless.

Bottom line, I believe in self regulated growing societies, over an engineered culture. The second imo can't contain the forces of development that tear it apart.
    That's why I really don't see why I should spend all that much time trying to figure out the vegan "argument". It's a shit argument. The people who make it, even though they might be ahead of their time, are people who are not getting food, or getting people. They are idiots and they are annoying.

Why bother?
    Eating vegan is stupid.

Stay frosty.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    Nice movie ... liked it ... now i am going to eat my nice and tasty chicken with sweet chilli sauce u can go eat grass... cheers everyone is happy!
    And here we have a typical response common of a rebellious child who doesn't want to listen to his wiser mommy or daddy. I'm used to these reactions. I get them a lot. Kids.

Also, @Abhorsen.

Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia...ANIMAL RIGHTS discussions need to be had. That's the only way change occurs. Evil shit doesn't just auto-change itself. We have to be active.

There is a time and place for everything, and this is a forum where you make a topic about anything (that is permitted) and you discuss it.

To imply I am pushing my beliefs on you when you voluntarily made the decision to click on the thread and contribute is delusional. At some point, you have to take responsibility for your own actions, Abby.

With your logic, Nick is forcing his views of indie music onto others, Skald is forcing his gifs and videos onto others, Ronin is forcing global warming onto others, etc. But to you, you don't view THESE threads this way because you don't disagree with the general sentiment of those threads. You only view something as being pushed onto you when you don't agree with it (and likely the OP), despite it being your own choice to enter the thread.

Do I force my views onto others? No. I make posts on my FB and on forums, or I comment on videos about veganism, but I don't just state "you should go vegan" to my friends, family, or random people out of nowhere, except to my boyfriend's guy friends because they're trolls, so I reciprocate. I have asked my brothers "are you vegan yet?" To see if there is a spark of interest in the discussion. If they don't want to talk about it, they won't. But if they do, they'll reply.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 242

TBF Nick is forcing his music and Danny is forcing his gifs & videos
    Last edited by Phanein; 01-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.

# ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    TBF Nick is forcing his music and Danny is forcing his gifs & videos
    I concede.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422

And here we have a typical response common of a rebellious child who doesn't want to listen to his wiser mommy or daddy. I'm used to these reactions. I get them a lot. Kids.
    well atleast i refuse to be like someone else ... and BTW still doesn't make me Vegan...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    well atleast i refuse to be like someone else ... and BTW still doesn't make me Vegan...
    Ja, it's so edgy to not be a good person.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 66

you have to balance your food not stop eating it. people need Watch gordon ramsay cooking show

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 84

i bought almond milk the other day and had it for the first time this morning

was rly good will continue drinking almond milk

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverknight View Post
    you have to balance your food not stop eating it. people need Watch gordon ramsay cooking show
    I eat a balanced vegan diet. =^^=

Quote Originally Posted by not skald View Post

Yaay! Did you get the sweetened or unsweetened kind? Branch out and try some other plant milks. There are choco and strawberry flavored varieties too. OuO I haven't tried them personally, but I do add fresh ingredients to my almond milk to make milk shakes and stuff.

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Quote Originally Posted by not skald View Post

Dude vanilla soy is where it's at.

Now if you'll excuse me I have chicken taquitos to throw in the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I started watching it, but it was dumb, so I decided I don't have time for that kind of unpleasantness.

If you need political activism to get people to eat your kind of food, it's because it isn't any good.
    Why even talk about it? There is no point, or case.

You know if all you can do is cause a ruckus, why not stop? I personally am a bit puzzled by it. This movies, those peoples actions, they aren't made to convince anyone. They don't make any form of argument, they don't appeal to reason, they just "are". It's all noise, it's garbage and a waste of time.

You know I'll bring up a concept from cultural innovation, which is the idea of "paradigm shifts". Let's assume vegan eating habits are a new paradigm and let's assume they are going to succeed what is common now. There are always 2 parallel developments:
    First off, people split into camps, after that they fight the opposing camp.
    Secondly, the paradigm is either useful and practical and slowly spreads by being incorporated by more people, while the old habits are dropped, eg. the paradigm shifts from old to new.

Contrary to what might be intuitive when you observe the energy people are throwing into fighting, those two parallel developments do not actually overlap. Basically people just like to fight. Other than that nature takes it's cause. I don't think that right now, a vegan lifestyle is particularly healthy, practical, or beneficial to animals, or even enjoyable. It might be, if medical science and food production further advance.
    Other than that, the fight is so contrarian here, that it is essentially pointless.

Bottom line, I believe in self regulated growing societies, over an engineered culture. The second imo can't contain the forces of development that tear it apart.
    That's why I really don't see why I should spend all that much time trying to figure out the vegan "argument". It's a shit argument. The people who make it, even though they might be ahead of their time, are people who are not getting food, or getting people. They are idiots and they are annoying.

Why bother?
    Eating vegan is stupid.
    You're alright, Ronin.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Riz View Post
    Now if you'll excuse me I have chicken taquitos to throw in the oven.
    You are such a child. Ever since I turned down your advances a long time ago, you've been a prime dick towards me. lol You'd fit in with MRAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilla View Post

I just discovered this super relevant video today:

Watching this video made me think of my and my mother's own encounters with our doctors.

I had to change my doctor recently due to switching my insurance. My new doctor, on the first meeting, recommended that I take supplements and tossed out some names of vits and mins because I told her I'm vegan. Meanwhile, she's obese, and didn't even do a blood test to see which vits and mins I needed, IF I even needed any. She didn't tell me I was deficient in any nutrient, just suggested I take some. :/ She also suggested that I go on an antidepressant because I was honest. She didn't suggest therapy or other means first, she suggested meds. Because that's what doctors specialize in. Not treating the cause of ailments, but treating the symptoms with medicines.

My mom sees her doctor for regular check-ups, but he never tells her actual nutrition advice (although he tries). She's sick ALL of the time. He recommended she stop eating so much pasta a few months back, due to high triglycerides, and this was after she started eating animal products heavily again. Prior to that she was eating basically everything I was eating, which was vegan and a lot of brown rice and/or brown rice pasta (I don't use oil except in very rare occasions, like holidays). He complimented her loss of weight and lowered triglycerides during this time.

Recap: He recommended to quit eating pasta, even though she was eating pasta before that and lowered her triglycerides. It wasn't until she started eating animal products heavily again that her weight and triglycerides increased. He didn't tell her to eliminate the real culprit: animal products.

What's most annoying about the majority of doctors is that they give off the idea...the lie, that they know about nutrition, when they basically just know what everyone else hears and reads in shitty, misinformed articles on the internet. I would respect them more if they stopped acting like nutritionists--unless they've done actual extensive research.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 347

No thanks, i like eating animals.

Quote Originally Posted by zaberisk2 View Post
    also, bodybuilders donīt eat healthy

Quote Originally Posted by MrTingTing View Post
    No thanks, i like eating animals.
    Most vile, compassionless humans do. =^^= This is why government is corrupt, politicians don't care about the people they serve, drug addicts are treated like murderers, 97% of rapists see no punishment, climate change hasn't been reversed yet, etc. No one cares. Only a minority do, and even most people in this category are hypocrites. This is why I no longer like humans. I won't stop advocating for both animal and human-animal change, but I just do not have an interest in anyone who isn't vegan and empathetic.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 673

So, basically, you are saying that we should all start to stop trusting medical doctors and start trusting self help books?

Hard pass, sorry.

@97% of rapists:
    I don't want to dissect that number. I am foremost wondering on how certain you are about it. I am not going to try to make a point of how pro or not pro feminism I am, because imo this doesn't matter at all to the facts at hand. This number is a lunatics number. It's not just wrong, it's so wrong that it only definitely shows the person who spouts it is of the rails. And no in this matter I don't give a shit about your experience as an individual at all. It might be that you had bad luck in your life as an individual and if so I do think deserve better and I am sorry. That doesn't make it a given right to venture out and attack the basis of society, humans living as a community of equals.
    You can pick and choose between two worlds, the world of due process and the world of the "whatever helps me most". Just let me warn you that I see a chance that in the second woman won't get a say in anything ever again.
    Last edited by Ronin; 01-12-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Stay frosty.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 279

Most vile, compassionless humans do. =^^= This is why government is corrupt, politicians don't care about the people they serve, drug addicts are treated like murderers, 97% of rapists see no punishment, climate change hasn't been reversed yet, etc. No one cares. Only a minority do, and even most people in this category are hypocrites. This is why I no longer like humans. I won't stop advocating for both animal and human-animal change,
    +1
    I don't like cruelty because I detest suffering.