Thread: GRIDD Launch Raffle Event

General Manager Reputation: 578

Default GRIDD Launch Raffle Event

OnRPG and MMOHuts have partnered with Kongregate to celebrate the launch of GRIDD by offering a raffle to win one of ten free copies of the game!

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

GRIDD: Retroenhanced is an intense arcade-style shoot 'em up heavily influenced by 80's hacker culture and cyberpunk. Weave your craft through an evolving set of glowing gates, obstacles, and enemies as you attempt to take down an unrelenting security mainframe. Inspired by cyberpunk dystopian films, early home computing, and a pulsing synthwave soundtrack from Dream Fiend, GRIDD takes a classic bygone era and evolves it into modern arcade experience.

To Enter:
    Tell us your favorite 80s culture reference. Then link to a sick beat you feel is fitting of GRIDD!

We'll be raffling off winners on Friday, May 19th. Winners will be PM'd their code, so make sure to check back and see if you've won!

Congrats to the following winners:
    Seldszar
    Natureswrath
    Johnny X G4m3r
    Penny25
    coessence
    Luxurych
    Tanoto
    Phenoca
    Shu IT
    Alessan

Your code has been sent to your inbox!
    Last edited by DizzyPW; Yesterday at 04:16 PM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I'm not someone from the 80s but I love Tron, this movie was really impressive by integrating 3D models into it. I also like his universe because it speaks to me.
    For the song, I recently listened the new album from Fixions and I think this one could be really cool as game track: https://fixions.bandcamp.com/track/black-chrome-riot

"I pity the fool..." is one of my favorite references.as for music, maybe this? https://youtu.be/n8X9_MgEdCg?list=RDQMQ_WQ8bbfxPE

From thefrom the 80's my reference would be E.T. The Extraterrestrial, still love that movie after all these years. As a beat for GRIDD I think this music would be a great beat for it https://youtu.be/aHjpOzsQ9YI

I'm not from 80's but I really like 80's stuff. Everything about 80's, I wish it were like that now. I truly love 80's Science Fiction

I'd give anything to see 80's TV shows.

As a gamer, when you think of the 80s, you inevitably think of the Nintendo Entertainment System. When you think of Nintendo, you think of mario. I think the quote below will ring many bells for a lot of people.

THANK YOU MARIO! BUT OUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE!

Private Hudson: That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over!

From Aliens (1986). You know you're in the 80s ..

I like that it looks like a dance floor and with the loud pop music in the background which is like the music in the 80's. The time were video jockeys were introduced and big boombox were everywhere. As for the beat, I don't have any background in beats specifically but the beat on this song, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38XQREANGVA , is refreshing and has a disco feel to it.

Default Boom fiction

If it's about 80s i might go to an earlier cultures: cyberpunk. Yes! The way writers made us imagine all fiction was awesome, but it was a shock or me to knew this later! I first met some videogames after the graphic novels or wahtever it was the previous product, i mean when space and advanced intel were fiction, for others was sick trips, Honestly. And not only that! No... Pinball, yes, pinball used sicek beats and xF, i swear i was playing some crazy space games,and suddenly Boom! everywhere ppl jumped from country games to some beautiful space shooter.
    https://youtu.be/pYS-rbq4t1o

Little Jimmy says ...

The 80s .. ? Michael Jackson's Billie Jean comes to mind.

"Billie Jean is not my lover. She's just a girl who claims that I am the one."

80's culture? i like the movie, like terminator and back to the future.

seing those face, remind me of Zordon so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJgC9LEBTuQ

Back in the console wars at the end of the 80s, a poster comes to mind.

TWICE THE INTELLIGENCE. TWICE THE POWER. TWICE THE CHAllENGE. TWICE THE FUN.

WHAT NINTENDON'T (From Sega Genesis Posters)

Back to the future is defiantly great!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 279

General Manager Reputation: 578

Hey all SUPER SORRY. I had a family emergency on Friday and it completely distracted me from remembering to raffle the winners. I'm on it now and will have the winners sent their codes in the next few minutes.

Congrats to the winners:
    Seldszar
    Natureswrath
    Johnny X G4m3r
    Penny25
    coessence
    Luxurych
    Tanoto
    Phenoca
    Shu IT
    Alessan
    Last edited by DizzyPW; Yesterday at 04:16 PM.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

You would know where you're going if you didn't skip the cutscenes, a$$hole! - Ragachak

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Skyrim Remastered (and uber modded), Senran Kagura Estival Versus
    History: Shadowverse, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go, Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research