can someone tell me more about worlds?

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Default can someone tell me more about worlds?

i just got really into the game and i wanna know a little more about worlds, like how do you get from one world to another?

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 0

there are no worlds in FFXI well unless your talking about dynamis ( witch is like a defferent dimension)

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Worlds in FFXI are the equivilent of Servers on other games. However, Unlike other Mmorpg's you can't swap servers- So once you've created one character on a world all your future characters will be created on that world. You cannot switch. If you want to go to a specific world- Say, To swap from the "Asura" server to the "Bahamut" server, You would have to delete ALL your characters and keep on re-creating until you got the world you wanted (Which is displayed on the character creation screen). Another method to get the to a server, Is to buy a world pass. Basically, You need a friend on the server you want to travel to. They buy a world pass, Which is a code, And give that code to you which then can be entered at the character creation screen.

Learn more about world Passes Here: http://www.onrpg.com/boards/final-fa...d-pass-thread/

Hope that helped. ~Syn.
    Last edited by Synrir; 10-26-2006 at 08:39 PM.