The Other Legion

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12
    In purgatory with an invisible snowman...

Ferino looked down at the note in his hand before he entered through the massive double doors. Upon entering, a figure sped past him. It appeared to be a man, and he seemed to be curious about another man sitting across the room. Ferino casually sat down and pretended he didn't notice a thing. He didn't know why he was here, or why the council had any interest in him, but one thing was clear; there would be no returning home tonight. Whatever the council wanted, it was urgent. The messenger who had given him the note was out of breath and had said that the council made him deliver it as fast as he possibly could. The message was confusing at first, because he was never much of an intelligent person when it came to words, but he was finally able to make sense of it after reading it over a couple times. It stated that an important event was to take place in the council chambers, and only a select few were invited. A couple extra people had poured into the room by now. Something was bound to happen soon.

^Oblivion rocks you^

An AIM conversation between Jakuza and me:
    xelpherpol (12:10:44 AM): Like...friends with a little more thrown in ^_^
    Azn Boi E L i X (12:12:58 AM): friends with benefits
    Azn Boi E L i X (12:13:00 AM): as they say.
    xelpherpol (12:11:26 AM): Yeah, but that's a manipulative phrase, I like to refer to it as "We're friends, but I want sex now *****"

Banned Reputation: 12

(Bloodshot, I'm sorry, but I need devoted RPers because I don't want this RP to move slow. Post soon, I dont want to have to kick you from the RP.)

A member of the council stood up, a tall man dressed in full white robes, lined with gold. The sunlight hit him at an odd angle and he glowed, prestigiously. "Warriors!" His voiced roared and thundered through the hall, "You have been called here today by the Royal Council, because of a grave matter. A plague has been unleashed upon these lands, threatening to consume all that we have accomplished these years. A power fierce, evil and dwelling in depths that not even the bravest knights in our legion dare to even dream of entering. That is why you are here, the strongest sworsman, the most bold, the most daring and the most skillful. You are The Other Legion, men that do not share the same fear as most mortals do!"

This man sat down and another got up, he was a stoit man, learned and his face seemingly washed by age. "This evil one, by the name of Torak, killed long ago, struck down by the gods themselves. He has thus since been regaining his energy, deep in the Green Domain, deep in the woods that reek of despair, in places that gods cannot find their way into. If Torak is not killed before his power comes into fruition, it will be over for mankind, the rain of a tyrannous fiend will come to pass. The battle might seem unfruitful, hopeless, and despairing but YOU are our last hopes, we cannot find any better than you. WHO OF YOU WILL STAND AND FIGHT?!? WHICH OF YOU WILL BRAVE PLACES THAT NOT EVEN THE GODS HAVE NO DOMINION OVER?!? WHICH OF YOU WILL DIE FOR THIS LAND! BE REMEMBERED AS HEROES OF MANKIND? WHO OF YOU ARE WILLING TO WAGE WAR ON THESE FIENDS!?!?"

Ferino heard the men speak, and knew he was not the person they needed. He stood to leave, but the man in white robes pointed at him and said, "Young man, are you brave enough to go against this fiend and help to destroy him?" Ferino was caught in the spotlight. He didn't want to seem weak and unimportant, but at the same time he didn't want to go on a perilous mission. Ah, what the hell? he thought. I'll take my risks. It's not like I planned to do anything with my life up until now anyways. His mind was made up and he walked up the wood steps to the top of the stage.

"I, a mere mage, has the courage to stand against armies of darkness, but who else is with me? Are none of you brave enough to rise against this threat and save the world in the process?" he said. "You are all guilty of one thing if you decline. Murder. If you refuse to go on this quest, you are putting millions of lives in danger. At first, I didn't want to do this, but I don't want the lives of millions weighing down my conscience! SO WHO IS WITH ME?!"

((Corny morale speech, but hey, I needed something to work from. I hope it was ok of me to control one of the NPCs though?))

^Oblivion rocks you^

xelpherpol (12:11:26 AM): Yeah, but that's a manipulative phrase, I like to refer to it as "We're friends, but I want sex now *****"

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 23

Craig stood up, this all was extremely ridiculous to him. "Now now folks... im just Craig... Craig the town guard. You got the wrong guy. I havent done anything spectacular or awe inspiring in me life. What kinda town guard cant stab the cave trolls near town to death, stab the dragon in the mountain cave to death, stab the goblin raiders that attacked town to death, sta-.. er.... shit..... "
    The whole room, especially the council smiled. They hadn't chosen the wrong man.
    "Oh hell, fine, but I expect good pay. Wife's been nagging to me bout a new balverine-fur purse for years. N' me sister-in-law back home says evil demons are mighty powerful, specially red ones."

((Yeah, hes a redneck. So what?))

Pellet Eater Reputation: 10

Kieri believed he didnt belong here, that the note he was given was no more then a mistake for a different person. It didnt seem normal, nor did anything that he was accused of for was. He wanted to leave, but instead he stood there, just as he had when he arrived.
    Active only on:
    Taki, 57, Sword Fighter

Bah. No sig.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Slate sat there thinking are these guys nuts he stood up and began to talk
    'are u guys nuts i'm a treasure hunter not a hero not a god a treasure hunter besides i got other busy to attend to look me up when u got a real job' and he started to head for the door

Quote Originally Posted by bloodshot View Post
    Slate sat there thinking are these guys nuts he stood up and began to talk
    'are u guys nuts i'm a treasure hunter not a hero not a god a treasure hunter besides i got other busy to attend to look me up when u got a real job' and he started to head for the door
    ((I'm sorry, and I don't mean any offense by this, but can you please work on your grammar? I found it a little hard to read your post...))

^Oblivion rocks you^

Banned Reputation: 12

The council looked enlightened as the warriors agreed upon the request, but soon became disheartened when nearly all else that had come into the Great Hall, sighed, cursed and left as if it were a waste of life. With a frown the tall council member that had spoken first raised himself from his seat.

"Warriors! There are but a handful of you, I cannot do much but bid you good fortune. The forests of the Green Domain are perilious, traversed by creatures of mythical ferocity. Choose yourselves a leader, let he be the one guide you through this venture, go forth, get yourselves armed, make haste my friends! Bring back the head of Torak!"

He abated and from the far end corner came a distant voice, "The Council Members have spoken." It said, and the Royal Council stood, and walked away into the darkened rooms behind them.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 23

"Leader huh...." Craig looked around. First the creepy youth, then the brat who obviously speaks English as a second language. His eyes stopped at the one with the staff.
    "Now im no whizz at these things an such... but this funny book that me mum used to read me..... The lad with the cheesy speech, and a stick with a rock on top always barks the orders and speaks riddles. So I think that kid should be calling the shots. And whats nice is in that one novel only the wizard gets nipped by the Rogbal"

"Wh...huh? What's a Rogbal? Nevermind that, why me?" Ferino asked quizically. He never led anything before, much less was in a group of people. He liked to keep to himself, but during this journey, he had no choice. He was forced to group with these people and he was being forced to be their leader. "Oh, come on. That was only one persons opinion. What do the rest of you think?" Ferino replied to himself nervously. He was afraid to become leader only to screw things up.

^Oblivion rocks you^

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast