Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Other Legion

Pellet Eater Reputation: 10

Kieri fell asleep through the whole meeting.
    He didnt know if he was attempting to put an ignorant act, or just was put into a state of boredom, although, it wasnt now until he found himself following the crowd to whereever that he had agreed to join the legion. Two odd men were conversing about something, he didnt know what they were arguing/talking about, nor did he really care. He cursed himself for making such a horrid decision, now he was stuck, there wasnt any "running away" anymore, he was stuck now between a conversation of two men and also now stuck into forests of horrid beastly monsters where instead he could be racing rivers or jumping around on tree tops. His life wasnt golden anymore, no one forced him to leave his childhood, he himself decided to go along.
    Last edited by ratergamer; 11-01-2006 at 02:25 AM.
    Active only on:
    Taki, 57, Sword Fighter

Bah. No sig.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 23

Before he knew it they were browsing the market. The kid next to Craig seemed to be sleepwalking. This brought Craig the vague memory of the wizard nextdoor in purple, always backhanding his female assistants. Before he knew it there was a mark on the lad and he walked bewildered. He turned to the wizard companion.
    "Hey, you hear about that one broad lurking about? Name's Urine Soupcaca or something." He chuckled and swiped a loaf of bread off a stall while the clerk was looking away.
    "Oo , garlic, my favorite, and no maggots either! Gods I love the city." He wolfed down half of it by then.
    "Anything you need picking up kid? Potions, shrunken heads, wife says you folk cant do them crazy crap without stuff."

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 12
    In purgatory with an invisible snowman...

Ferino thought about what Craig had said before they all went their seperate ways. "We'll all go get our things ready and meet by the front gate within an hour." He was nearly back home and ready to grab his things, when his grandmother started up the steps of the wooden house. "Grandma! You're home awfully early?" Ferino said. She just nodded and entered the house. Ferino went straight to grabbing things for his journey. His staff, his robe, his clothes, some food, a fishing rod in case they needed to catch some more food. He packed all that and a couple more things into his pack and walked into the kitchen of the house to see his grandma cooking a meal. "Grandma? I have to tell you something...I'm not going to be here for a while. The council asked me to undertake an important mission, and I've already been selected as the leader of our group, so I can't back down now." His grandmother just nodded and muttered the words "I know..." before slouching into a chair. She started to cry, but Ferino had no time to comfort her. He turned to the door and left before he witnessed her become depressed. He felt bad leaving his Grandmother all alone, but it was his only choice...

^Oblivion rocks you^

An AIM conversation between Jakuza and me:
    xelpherpol (12:10:44 AM): Like...friends with a little more thrown in ^_^
    Azn Boi E L i X (12:12:58 AM): friends with benefits
    Azn Boi E L i X (12:13:00 AM): as they say.
    xelpherpol (12:11:26 AM): Yeah, but that's a manipulative phrase, I like to refer to it as "We're friends, but I want sex now *****"

Craig, fortunately, brought nothing with him except his regular clothing, his trusty pike, and his even more trusty beer cantine. Nothing much to do besides explore this over the top town. And like any other country peasant, he went straight to the local bar.
    "Nuts and Pecans..... sounds morehomosexual than that one in the town of Massachusets."
    He entered, and smiled a relieving grin. He saw beer, lots of foaming bear. Rum, wine, well-breasted bar maids.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 10

((Sorry, I'll seriosuly join in tommorow, if you don't mind. i just got back from doing a bunch of stuff, and I'm really tired, so see you soon!))

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

Slate had everything he would need so he decided to head to the front gate and take a nap, till the others arrived on the way there he saw a weird looking box in a stall. The merchant turned ''looks like u got good taste''
    ''what is in that thing any way?''
    ''don't no found it never really checked?'', from that slate began to walk off if he didn't know what it did no point in buying it ''wait wait sell it for 2 coins''
    ''deal!'' after buying it he realised it was like storage he could but loads of stuff in and take it out whenever he wanted. ''looks like I found something that will come in handy and he set off for the front gate

Pellet Eater Reputation: 10

Kieri switched his eyes at the man then back.
    "N-no, im fine"
    But really he hadnt eaten anything since last night, he was a little shy to admit it, and instead he kept walking along, clutching his empty stomach, leaving his eyes half open.
    He went back home to pack, and before anything else he did he took a quick chomp out of the bread. As he walked back to the front gate, he noticed he was early, still holding the bread, he sat down, and grimaced at the stale taste of the dough.
    Last edited by ratergamer; 11-01-2006 at 09:13 PM.
    Active only on:
    Taki, 57, Sword Fighter

Bah. No sig.

Banned Reputation: 12

The day grew darker and the Royal Council, resting deep in the castle could only worry. Suddenly, there was a rasping at the door outside the chambers the Council rested at. The members streamed out of their rooms and one of them threw open the doors. "Sire's!" A servant said, stumbling in. "An attack on the town, there are bandits robed in a such a deep black it looked as if Night broke through the front gates."

Just as the servant had spoken these words, cries echoed through the town as these black bandits swept through stores rummaging and killing anyone standing in their way. Swords held gleaming in the air, they ran through the town screaming, "Our Lord Torak has awakened!" and "Let this be a sign!"

Townspeople cowered in fear, the brave ones among the soldiers fought in vain, others dropped their weapons and fled. Torak, had struck first.

"And I said, if your going to start up a fight.." Craig broke a bottle over another man's head, the rest laughed along with him. But the merrily violent moment was halted. Screams came from outside the tavern walls, through every window.
    A man looked out a window for a moment, then his eyes went wide.
    Bandits!" He screamed. "RUN FOR YOUR LI-" An arrow penetrated the window and struck his lungs. The poor man fell to the floor and gargled blood, the rest went to help him.
    "Just like home..." Craig mumbled as he stepped out of the Tavern. The archer had been felled by a nearby soldier, but many more bandits poured around the street, slaying anything not covered in their jet black cloaks.
    "Ha! Another one, right there!"
    Two bandits sprinted towards him, their crimson stained swords in the air.
    "Dumb little ****s...."
    What first suprised the two young bandits, was how calm Craig was. Second was how his pike went through their faces in the blink of an eye. They both fell to the floor, blood streaming from their mutilated faces.
    "Least I got a free drink." He looked back at the bar, already barricaded by boxes and tables, and hurried into the chaos.

((Just to clear confusion, Ferino's house is located outside the town.))

Ferino was heading towards the front gate when a scream broke the silence in the air. He started to sprint and came near the town only to realize the front gate busted beyond repair and a massive group of black cloaked men. He rushed into the town and looked around at the carnage. Blood had been spilled everywhere and disgusting pink viscera was spread all over the ground. Ferino recoiled at the thought of being gutted like a fish, and turned to help the townspeople. He lifted his staff off of his back and pointed the front tip of it at a small group rushing toward him. A stream of red lightning cut through them, severing heads and vital limbs. He rushed over to a side street and saw Craig stab a cloaked man in the face. He started over to talk to Craig and see what was going on, when he was abruptly interrupted by another group of the cloaked people. He sent a blast of fire an archer's way and used the air to throw the others aside. He rushed over to Craig and asked "What the hell is going on here?!"

^Oblivion rocks you^

xelpherpol (12:11:26 AM): Yeah, but that's a manipulative phrase, I like to refer to it as "We're friends, but I want sex now *****"

As Slate headed towards the front gate screams began to ring his ears he turned around and realised he was about to be rushed by a group of bandits, he rushed towards them hoping he could take so many. After the fight he climbed to the top a building a looked for the others he saw the 2 it seemed the mage and the old were talking, he jumped down and rushed towards them fighting in the processes has he turned the corner he shouted to them ''what the hell is going on?!''

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 13

It was a casual walk she thought when suddenly, a common village stormed down the street and accidently ripped her new kimono. She immediately caught the rude man and lifted him above the ground with one hand.

" You ripped my kimono!!! It was all new!!".

Just before the man could've anwsered, an arrow pierced his chest and stopped right in front of Yuri's face.

" ... "
    She threw the lifeless body off the sides and scanned the down side of the street. Not only there was the mass population running for their life while "accidently" ripped her new kimono to pieces, there was a bunch of blakc clothed being slaying eveyr single obstacle on their path. She looked for a while and sighed.

" Just when I thought it would be peacefull in a city...why must it always end like this... -sigh- "

She gave up on the kimono and threw it away while revealing the two metallic "case" on each side of her waist. She stood there, with her icy blue eyes ready to avenge her kimono. A long moment to her yet a very short moment, the few bandits halted in front of her, laughing at her weird cosplay costume they thought it were and one of them approached Yuri.

Bandit - " Lady, why not be my dog tonite?"
    "That is, if you live until sun set."
    Bandit - " Heh, that would be easy."

As soon as the villain lifted his hand in hope to grab her arms, his mouvement was once again halted suddenly. A thin line appeared on his arm and eventually the blood gushed form his veins. The bandit fell on the ground crying for the pain while the others stayed stunned.

" Well...what are you all waiting for? Don't you want a ldy tonight? Bring it!"
    She gained the cases' handles and with a swift mouvement, flipped the weapon out of it's seath. Her knees bent for a low stance and she dashed into the crowd of weakling with a smile. Her battle was beautiful, as if she was dancing more than fighting. At the very end, she performed a cross slash on the last bandit and ultimately hid her weapons back to their shelters.....

((( Gosh....I think I need rest..I dont find my post any good =T...at the least the actions there... >_> )))
    Bakaly Baka~

"The hell would I know kid!?" Craig thrust his spear horizontally and cut the front half of a bandit behind him in two. "Little black cloaked shits came out of nowhere and are ranting bout that Toetack fello-.. hold up." He turned to the side and thrust his pike to the floor, completely slicing off a bandits leg. He let the bandit crawl away, the blood pooling from what was left of his legs said he wasnt going to make it. Another came at Craig, obviously in a state of bloodlust. He let the tip of his pike sink into the bandit's left eye, then recoiled it. The man held his eye, trying in vain to stop the vicious fountain of blood. In a matter of seconds he was on the floor, shaking madly. "I say we stab the generic ones into swiss cheese, find the one leading them, and uh..... in..tear. uh... gate him. Yeah. Sounds good. Me local Baron used to do that to passerby all the time."

"You stay here and fight them off, I'll look for their leader." Ferino said before he darted down an alleyway. He ran through the alley and came out the other side, just as a man was running by. The man was nailed by an arrow and fell to the ground. Ferino picked the man up to use as a shield from the line of archer's on the far side of town. No doubt, that's where the leader was. He grabbed the man and layed the limp body against himself and started towards the archers, dodging every arrow he could. A couple arrows grazed him, and another hit his leg. He tuned out the pain to complete his objective. When he was close enough, he threw the body aside and used the air to deflect the arrows instead. It was dangerous, but it rid him of that heacy body. He came close enough to the archers to use some magic, but a group of other bandits were already headed his way. He managed to burn a few, but the others got near him. They swung swords, axes, daggers, everything they had at him. The air was helpful in slowing them down while he parried the attacks with his staff, but he wasn't fast enough. Plenty of the attacks went unnoticed and he realized he wouldn't be able to do it alone. He needed help!

^Oblivion rocks you^

"Dammit!" He knocked the wizard to the side and blocked a fatal axe swing, pushing the bandit back. He swung his pike horizontally and sliced open the mans intestines. After a few moments the rest of the melee attackers were on the floor, suffering from similiar fatal wounds. Another, more portly bandit came at him with a mace. Craig blocked his first attack, then stabbed him in the gut. He held the corpse by the collar to deflect the arrows now concentrated on him. "Turn them into toads or something!"

''crap where’d they go?'' he climbed to the top of building hoping to see them he looked around and spotted them being attacked by archers. He jumped over the rooftops until he was close enough to attack, he snapped a bandits neck and picked up the bow and arrows and used an arrow to kill the other he jumped down to them ''looks like u two need a bit of help''

Banned Reputation: 12

The number of bandits grew thicker, the blood spilled flowed free through the streets as little streams. A certain bandit, however, dressed in black was not attacking. He had stationed himself atop a clocktower, overlooking the massive assault. With naught but a crimson staff in his hand, he ordered the massacre. A wave of his hand would send a mass of black robes scurrying.

The Royal Council banned their minds together and impressed thoughts upon the warriors. "Hasten!" they spoke, "This city will not stand, it is better for you to make haste toward Torak, destroy him quickly, destroy him and these attacks will stop. Sacrifices are to be made friends."

After speaking these words each member felt sorrow in their hearts, despair as they picked some of them to flee and to keep the Royal Council alive. They began to think, would these foolhardy persons listen to their council and flee? Or would the cries and mourning of the townsmen pierce the common sense in their minds?

The skies were quickly darkening, there were birds, crows and vultures now sweeping through the clouds.

Ferino, not knowing how to talk back to the council, turned to Craig. "We can't just leave them. That wouldn't be right and it would only hinder us in our journey anyways! The grief of the townspeople and the guilt of not saving them would have us in a depression. And besides, you are the town guard, are you not? Is it not your job to protect these people?" he asked the man. He wanted, no, needed to help these people, but he wouldn't be able to do it alone!

He turned to where the cloaked men were running and noticed a large group of them guarding the entrance to the clock tower. "THERE!" he said as he pointed toward the group. "We have to invade the tower and get to their leader, if we do that, then the attack should stop!"

^Oblivion rocks you^

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths_Legion View Post
    Ferino, not knowing how to talk back to the council, turned to Craig. "We can't just leave them. That wouldn't be right and it would only hinder us in our journey anyways! The grief of the townspeople and the guilt of not saving them would have us in a depression. And besides, you are the town guard, are you not? Is it not your job to protect these people?" he asked the man. He wanted, no, needed to help these people, but he wouldn't be able to do it alone!

He turned to where the cloaked men were running and noticed a large group of them guarding the entrance to the clock tower. "THERE!" he said as he pointed toward the group. "We have to invade the tower and get to their leader, if we do that, then the attack should stop!"
    "Hey hey kid, town guard, but not for not this damn city."
    A scream broke the conversation, he frowned.
    "Ah shit! Lets just hurry this thing up and kill Toetack." He hurried himself towards the clock tower, leaving jet black corpses behind him.
    The two made eventually themselves into the clock tower.
    "Not good..." He looked up the staircase leading to the top. Almost a soldier for every stair. Archers lined the topmost stairs, arrows lined to their bows. He turned to the wizard, his face nervous.
    "Look. You do that wind mumbo jumbo that stops arrows, I stab a way to the top for us. If we keep that up we should be fine."
    The archers launched their first volley straight down.
    "Now! Go!"

"I think I may have a better idea..." Ferino said with a grin. The arrows came flying towards him and he threw a gust of wind to the right, where the stairs began. The air directed the arrows course and they nailed some of the bandits, both injuring and killing them. His idea was a success "Look, you provide the cover to the front and I'll back you up! I wouldn't put it past them to rush in after us!" Ferino yelled to Craig. They started up the steps, one man at a time. Every time the archer's shot at them, he deflected the arrows to the side, killing the bandits running up after them. Soon, the archers caught on to what he was doing and stopped shooting. He had to rely on his magic to fend off the bandits now. Craig proceeded to stab them in the head, throat, stomach, anything that was exposed, basically. He turned to face the back and let a spark of flame touch the wooden stairs. "HURRY! That will prevent the others from coming up after us!" As the stairs burned, the fire spread to the upper parts of the stairs. Ferino casually used the wind to blow it out. They were near the top, and soon this bandit leader would be dead!

^Oblivion rocks you^

Craig grabbed a smaller bandit by the head, smashing his face to the handrail and throwing him off the stairs. He continued to stab through the bandits, paniced by the inferno and the fatal pike awaiting them. Eventually they made it to the top of the stairs, which were now covered over by corpses and a disgusting waterfall of flowing blood. Craig stood there at the top with Ferino. Both of them wiped the ash, blood, and pieces of flesh off of them. Craig faced the door leading to the clocktower's balcony.
    "The bloke behind there has a pixie stick much like yours. And after these few minutes, I'd reckon he's alone too. Let's hurry and lay his flaccid ass out for the vultures." He busted open the door, the cloaked man continued monitering the massacre below, still not yet facing them.

Ferino stepped through the doorway just after Craig had and the man then turned around. "So, you managed to get here?" the black cloaked man said. Ferino leaned towards Craig. "We don't know how strong he is, but judging how he was able to sense my aura from that far, I would think his magical capabilities are a lot stronger than mine. More on the bad side, he probably has a lot of defensive magic, so head on charges won't work. You could buy me some time by acting as a diversion while I gather enough energy to blast his ass from here to hell and back, but don't get yourself killed!" Ferino hissed at him. He walked forward to talk to the cloaked man. "If you think you can win, you're wrong. We have to outnumbered two to one and your bandits can't help you in this predicament." Ferino said.

"Yes, but didn't you light a fire down below? Isn't it still burning? You see, what you have done has actually screwed yourself because now there is no way out of here and you are going to fall with the tower! My master doesn't care if I die, but ridding him of you will be pleasure enough!" The man sniped back at him. Ferino realized the man was right...him and Craig were screwed...

((Seems like everyone else has abandoned this RP...looks like it's just me and you now Fieren...))
    Last edited by Deaths_Legion; 11-04-2006 at 03:45 AM.

^Oblivion rocks you^

Slate continued to hold the bandits off from getting into the tower ''those two better hurry up I can't keep this up'' he continued to fight bleeding, another group rushed towards him barely defeating them he drops to the floor ''crap this is getting hard''. He stands up and wipes the sweat from his head and is charged by another group of bandits ''here we go again''.

((Ppppssh. This RP would be loads fun if some more skilled folks joined. Its not really all that late until were out deep into Torak's place. Pipster, Shadowsworn, Kitty, looking at you guys.))

Craig looked back into the inside of the clocktower. The support beams were falling apart in the flaming inferno. In front of him was the bastard who started this whole mess. He then turned to Ferino "Look, going back down in those flaming steps is suicide. We'll go by your plan to waste him, I'll think of something then."
    "Your taking too long." The cloaked man replied with a smile.
    "Thats not what your sister said in my hut last month." Craig said as he spun his pike in a showoff fashion, dropping it into a stabbing stance after a moment.
    "Why you old son of a-" The cloaked man raised his hand and fired a slew of strange slices of energy at Craig.
    "Oh damn..." Craig dodged and blocked the first few, then ran around in circles . He looked at Ferino and winked, now as his chance to charge. A bolt of the energy singed poor Craig's ass and he howled in pain. "Damn you crazy magicians!" He continued to run around in circles as the cloaked man laughed wickedly.

Ferino laughed briefly at Craig's display of stupidity. He then turned to his job. Assuming that the man's weak point would be his back, Ferino conjured up some lightning and blast it when he wasn't looking. The lightning seemingly bounced off of an invisible reflective shield. "Damn...I was afraid of that." he mumbled to himself. The good thing was that the cloaked man was too pre-occupied torturing Craig to notice. He resolved that the only way to defeat him was with a natural disaster caused by magic. Fire was out of question, seeing as how the building was already burning. Ice, it may work...there's the probability of tripping him with it and then using an offensive magic to kill him. Wind, perfect for this situation, but may have some repercussions. Earth, no components beside stone and wood to use, and that wouldn't help much.

He was taking too much time, so he went with the best choice so far, wind. A surge of air was all he needed to break the man's concentration for just enough so he could save Craig's life. The man noticed what he was trying to do and turned his attention on Ferino...he had to think up a new plan. It came to him! He grabbed one of the stones laying next to him and threw it at the man. The man just deflected it with his arm, only to see four more stones come his way, each faster than the last stone. That wasn't all, Ferino also broke up some of the wood laying on the ground and sent it at the man with the sharp edges evident. He knew this wasn't going to hurt the bandit leader that much, but it gave Craig enough time to sneak in on him and beat him senseless. Afterall, the man hadn't sensed Craig when he first walked into the room...

^Oblivion rocks you^