I've seen many junk free MMORPG being released every year yet many failed to keep me playing them every day. The best one I've played so far is FlyFF, it's even better than some games created by very known game developers company. This can also go to P2P mmorpgs.
Common games has:
- Unique characters that can perform skills never seen in any other games before but still some have to recycle old ideas not thinking of innovative characters.
- Quest... but some are just plain boring like collecting monsters drops.
- every mmorpg must have something like this. Most do but most have crappy PK system.
- provides suitable graphics for good gameplay. i've seen many badly textured games, tiled grass field for example.
- elements advantage/disadvantage against another
- ranking system, some don't.
- what else...
- teleporter to every main cities
Features I'd like to see:
- Pet system that can be use to help you in battle that can also use their own uniqeu abilities, gathering materials for proffesions, pk, ride on to travel by either land or air...
- costumize qeapons like diablo combining one rare item to a weapon adding additional stats +str +int...
- random bonus stats recieved every level
- more innovative ways to raise your characters or pets stats like using one time use very rare item.
- a player's market located in somewhere part of the main cities so no lag when the whole city is over crowded.
- guild war, war(npc,monsters vs. players)
I'd like to share more but so I'll leave some to everyone