The Paradox Knights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

Default The Paradox Knights

The man stood before the black altar, his bloodstained hands trembling. The trials he had been forced to endure had been gruelling, almost unbearable. He had stepped through the Mirror of False, been forced to live a thousand lifetimes, all of which ended with him going mad, destroying everything and everyone he knew and cherished. hen he woke, he found himself in the Dark. there was no sound, no light, no shape, feel sense of movement or direction, nothing but empty Dark. He stayed in there for, he had been told, nearly three months, though as he was parallel to time, he felt as if it had lasted an eternity, though at the same time as if he had never been there. It drove him half mad, he had no dimensions, nothing to base his existence off of. His final challenge had been to kill himself. Kill himself with a crystal blade, a magical object that would keep him alive no matter how deep he stabbed himself. He pierced his heart with it, collapsed, and was forced to run with the dagger sticking from his chest. He was dead in every sense, except for his mind, even his soul was empty, and he was forced to make his stiffening body move, with sheer thought and focus. If he had not been mad before, he certainly was by then. The man behind the altar gazed past him, completely blind, yet seeing all. he ripped the dagger from the man's chest, who collapsed on the ground in agony. He screamed and screamed until he was hoarse, and then slowly opened his eyes. his chest was healed, but the deathly pain remained. Another man, burly and mean looking, forced him to his feet. The blind one reached forwards and touched the other's head. his grip was firm for one so old. he began to chant strange words, his voice monotonous. A searing pain rose in the other man's head, and he tried to collapse, but he was frozen still as stone. the fire increased, filled the empty pit of his damaged soul, scorching his insides. Suddenly, all the pain was gone, and he was left to sob ob on the ground, completely insane and destroyed. He was there for an hour, or perhaps a thousand years, he did not know, before the pain dimmed and then stopped. He lifted his eyes, pain replaced by perfect clarity, fear and pain and insanity replaced by cold intellect. he was reborn. His soul still empty, but he was reborn. He was a Paradox Knight, a dark paladin, sworn to protect the innocent, with the same evil that tried to harm them.

Another man stepped forwards into the blinding light before a crystal throne. the man who sat upon it was older than perhaps any other man alive. But he held his head high and regal. The man had gone through trials that had made his spirit grow and blossom into something more. The old man who sat before him held a sceptre, made of blue-grey stone. He held it out towards the young man, speaking a prayer. The man held his hand out to touch it, felt a terrible amount of energy inside it, and nearly withdrew, but he knew that with doubt came corruption, without trust there would be no knowledge, so he reached forwards, and placed his hand on the shimmering rod. He died a hundred hundred thousand deaths, lived to a ripe old age, or died violently, each time rembering the whole thing in the next life, until finally the visions left him, and he found himself sprawled on the stone floor. He had a vague memory of every life, knew a hundred languages, a thousand ways of life, and his spirit was so brilliant that he felt constantly blinded by his presence. he stood up, and felt a strange weight on his shoulders. He turned, knowing what he would see, but still feeling surprised. golden wings had sprouted from his back. he was reborn. He was an angel, A holy scholar of war, a warrior who wielded no blade, sworn to protect the balance, and incinerate the wicked.

Alone, the angel and the knight are a trickle of influence, a nothing. but together, they can change the face of the earth, move mountains, and strike down demons. Together, they are balanced. together, they are whole.

((for this rp, you can be either male or female, and must choose a life of the Paradox Knight, or the Angel. though the paradox knight seems the more difficult path, the angel faces equal challenge. plese pm me a description, or, if you must post it here. there are no character sheets, and I will accept or decline you, no questions asked, so don't bug me if you aren't accepted. also, if you wish (I would prefer this, really, but I doubt it will happen...) you could sign yourself up with a friend, as angel and knight. if not, you may be partnered up with a similar of the opposing force. as that is how this world works, no angel without a knight. I will elaborate more once I get some "signups"))

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

((Nice roleplay, Silverice, very well plot, I might as well be the first to join. Im going to be a paradox knight))
    The windless.

The heartless.

Evil I am.
    Not yet as before.
    Part of death.

((good! thanks for the compliment! PM me your "resume" of sorts! remember to be descriptive (at least 5 sentences would be awesome!))

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

I would like to join as well ^^. I like the story line a lot... ill send you my char "resume" right now

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10
    A disused server somewhere on the great wide network

(( I'll reserve a spot on the Paradox side - I've got to study for exams, I'll PM you soon ))

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

((Hmm, I changed the resume now.
    Name: Calvin
    Class: Paradox Knight
    History: He became a Paradox knight when his mother and father died in a tragic battle of a dragon. As Calvin saw his father and mother died, he wanted revenge, so basicly he sacrificied hiself by falling into a endless pit, as he fell for about 3 days, he finally reached the end. The Underworld. He was killed at the underworld then reborn as a paradox knight once he came down there, He became deviled and powerful with secret powers but he doesn't know that yet.
    Weapon: He carrys basicly anything, but he usually uses his hands.
    Appearance:He has black armor with red stripes, and he can float in the air. He also has white hair.))

As Calvin risen from the Bottomless pit, he saw the land has changed from the time he was there. He though a thousand years came yet it didn't....
    "Hmm, Everything has changed ever since I fell down..." Calvin said.
    Once he looked around, the dragon he was looking for was still there, The Tyrant!
    "Tyrant, We meet again..." Calvin Said, The Tyrant responded with a snort then suddenly breathes fire into Calvin, but then Calvin escaped by flying higher then he punches the dragon's teeth which it fell out. The Tyrant fell down in pain, but got up. Calvin then grabs the fallen tooth, hits it so it would turn into a huge sword, then he starts launching series of jabs and slashes into the Tyrant, yet lunging himself to death. As the last slash which was on the heart, the Tyrant fell and died.
    "I have, Avenged you, Mom and Dad..." Calvin said as his wounds start infecting him. As Calvin was wandering, all the wounds was too much for him, and he fell down of blood loss.
    Last edited by smackhack; 11-25-2006 at 08:43 AM.
    The windless.

The heartless.

Evil I am.
    Not yet as before.
    Part of death.

((uh.... so I'm assuming that your parents were killed by a monster, which was waiting outside the Paradox Knight stronghold, and you are now basically dead and need an angel's help? you may need to revise, i promise, all this revising will stop once we embark upon our quest!))
    (nearly one thousand years earlier, on the banks of the Kaaarim Channel)

The channel frothed and boiled with turmoil, an unusual sight, as the tide was not changing yet, and it should be quite calm, still. the channel was an estuary, where salt water and fresh water mixed, making an excellent habitiat for special fish and birds. recently, however, the water had turned acrid, the fish were found sickly, rotting while the were still alive. And now this? The farmer stood and watched, shovel in hand, as the water boiled up, and began to steam. it was damn unusual...

The Dark had been lurking far beneath the Earth since it's banishment, waiting for the world to feel safe. and when he was sure he was forgotten by most, and dismissed as dead by all others, he began to touch the surface once more. He found an estuary, a transition between the sea and the river, and began to weaken it. any transition was a half-way place between his prison and the world, and this one had the convenience of also being very near to the largest kingdom, Myrdaa. He would strike there first, bring the Alliance to it's knees when the king fell, and the angels would not stop him this time. He suddenly felt a tingling pang of energy cross through him. the gateway was ready. He called loudly through the Under Earth, roaring in harsh demonic tongue, Calling his warriors. they appeared from every shadow, everywhere, just wraiths, shadows and moonbeams for now, but once they were strong from the blood they would spill in the dreary town above them, they would become warriors of stone, flesh, and fire. They would consume the energy and turmoil of the mortals, and be given powerful forms, that would inspire fear. Forms that would conquer Myrdaa. The Dark stepped through the gateway. The farmer screamed as his blood was ripped out of his skin.

((that was the second intro, to set the scene, I will let the other characters introduce themselves right after this, a descriptor of different abilities given to angels, and Knights. First off, the angels. they get many powers, one of which is Bending, the ability to bend air and energy into a physical form (think Jean Grey from X-men) another is, obviously, their gift of flight. angels have two types of wings, either slow, powerful wings, for long flights, or small, sharp wings simply for moving quickly through battle, or gliding from tall buildings and cliffs. Which one these angels would have would depend on their personality. Healing is also an ability given to angels. they really do more of a trade, as when they heal, the absorb the pain and injury into themselves, and then have to relive it later, during their dreams. Death is incurable, unless caught when the body is still warm, and then only by the most accomplished healers, who must make a journey into the underworld, fighting off demons, for what may feel like the trek of a year, even though it lasts no more than a minute. Angels also have acute hearing, can sense evil through the disguises, and may have visions of the future in their dreams. Paradox Knights have enormously calculating minds, able to plan intricate battle strategies in seconds. They have the strength of two men, do not need sleep, can last nearly two weeks without water, and about twice that long without food, may heal himself, and has acute eyesight. They also can conjure fire, shadow, and chaos, in very limited forms (eg, a jet of flame, or a blade made of chaos, and then it will exhaust and weaken them for a while after battle)
    There, I hope that clears things up, please pm me if you would like to add your own special power to your character.))

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

(( Wow silverice... you should seriously consider becoming a novelist. I edited my char sheet a lil bit, here it is!))

Name: Magister

Class: Angel

Angel rank: Seraphim

Wing type: Strong Wings. When fully extended his wing span is double his size for each wing.

number of wings: four wings of equal size and strength

attitude: Mysterious and cold, but also shows a side of compassion for nature and humanity.

Power: Focuses on using the power of life and the power of nature that surrounds him.

Bio: All that is known of him is that after becoming an angel he discovered he had a an amazing gift for healing. After he was reborn he was given the name Magister which translates to teacher...

The skys were clouding over and the waters were turning black, Magister felt his connection to nature deminishing little by little. Magister sensed an overwelming amount of evil surrounding the planet at an alarming rate. " This can't be... Who on earth could have such large power... I must find the source." said Magister. He lifted off into the air with amazing force, the force was so great that the ground under him crumbled. He rose into the air until he passed the surrounding clouds and extended his wings fully, he streched his arms out infront of him and closed his eyes," show me..." he whispered, but instead of finding the evils source he saw a man lying on the ground nearly dead. He retracted his wings and plunged towards the ground, faster and faster he plumeted until he was 5 meters from the ground, he quickly extended his wings again barely missing a deadly collision. He looked around and saw the man and look to the side of him and saw the dead dragon. He quickly ran over to the man and sat beside him, He raised his head and whispered into his ear, it sounded like some slightly more ancient form of Aramaic. suddenly Magister put his hand onto the mans chest with extreme force and extened his wings fully. Everything around them started to glow with some heavenly light, the mans wounds healed almost imediately. Magister sat their and waited for the man to awaken.

((good job. interesting, having more than four wings, I'll post my character when I have time, I've just been thinking of plotlines and waiting for another person to join, should have enough to start. and as for your earlier comment, this was originally an idea I hyad for a book. oh, and btw, could you PM me the ranks for the angles, if you don't mind. they're a good idea. good post!))

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10
    A disused server somewhere on the great wide network

Name: Swift

Male Paradox Knight.

Attitude: Tries to be cool under pressure, but generally prefers flight to fight.

Appearance: Wears night-black armor of chain links so fine it flows like silk, and only makes a sound almost identical to that of a soft breeze. His katana, on the other hand, glows white when out of it's scabbard, which he keeps over his back. His face is daubed as black as his armor, and he wears dark leather gloves and soft split-toed boots. He wears a belt under his chain shirt, the buckle of which is a silver Shuriken (throwing-star).

Sneaking away from the Duke's stronghold, the three bags of gold under his arms, Swift drops silently down behind one of the guards on the gate. Tapping the guard on one shoulder, he slips around the other side and out into the night, as the guard turns to his companion, saying "What is it now?". The gold he holds will rebuild the village after the Duke's private army ravaged it the day before. So absorbed is he in not making a sound, he doesn't notice the bandits until they are upon him. The leader is on a horse, the others on foot, and they demand that he hand over the gold. Swift puts the bags on the ground, and steps away, as he does so undoing the buckle of his belt and hurling the Shuriken at the leader. It takes him in the neck, and he falls off the horse, blood pumping from his severed jugular. Declining to draw his blade, for the light of it will attract the attention of the guards at the stronghold, he weilds his belt like a whip, lashing out at any that come close. When he lashes one man's sword out of hands, and catches it to use himself, the surviving bandits flee into the night. Walking over to the dead leader, he removes his Shuriken from the mans neck, cleans it on his trousers, and puts his belt back on. The horse is a fine beast, a trained warhorse by the look of it, and how it came into the bandit's possession Swift did not want to know. Retrieving the bags of gold, Swift mounted the horse, feeling it shift uneasily with the unknown rider on it's back. Whispering to the horse, he soothes it, and they begin the journey back to the village.

(( That's the problem with a glowing sword - it isn't exactly sneaky ))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast