Duel Challenge to SilverIce

Retired Staff Reputation: 10

Default Duel Challenge to SilverIce

SilverIce, I challenge you to a duel!

Where: Thick Japanese forest on a cloudless night with a full moon.
    When: 1463
    Magic: N/A
    NPC's: N/A

Name: K.O.A. Slyyger, and that to very few.
    Appearance: 5'5" tall. Lean, but muscular. Broad shoulders. Long hair tied back by a leather thong. Scarred face with dark brown eyes.
    Clothing: A simple, dark green shinobi. The tunic and belt have many pockets and pouches. Two swords can be seen strapped to his back. A shroud is wrapped around Slyygers head concealing his hair and face, but leaving him unrestricted vision.
    Weapons: Dual katanas strapped across Slyyger's back as well as various knives, traps, and trowing implements contained about his body.

Story:

Suspended ten-feet in the air, in the fork of a tree; the small spikes on Slyyger's hands and boots letting him grip the bark easily, he listened to the approaching horse. He knew this was his quary. Hidden by the shadows of the foliage, his shinobi blending with the shadows, Slyyger knew he could not be seen. From his vantage point, he could clearly see the path passing only feet in front of him. There was a small clearing on the other side of the path. This was were he had been told to wait.

Slyyger had been apprehensive when he has recieved this request. He was given no name, no reason, just a description. He was told to be in this clearing, on this night, at this time. Another would be given the same instructions. Slyyger was told to kill this man; and offered a great sum of money to do so.

All of Slyyger's instincts warned him against accepting, but he could not turn down such a larg sum of money. Nor such an important person.

Who is this person? Though Slyyger to himself, They must have some position of thier own for the request to have come from so high up.

The horse drew closer and Slyyger waited eagerly.

(((SilverIce, do you accept this challenge?)))
    \
    Retired Staff... That means I'm a crotchety old man who can still whup you young pups in the RP Forum!

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

((one, you could have pm-ed me, and two, did you just pick me randomly? or are you someone I know? you're from the rp, rihgt? well, lemme see, I'll consider it, I just need some off-time for a bit, I've been on way too much, need some time away.)) ((EDIT: sorry for taking you lightly, I had beleieved you were some guy who had just popped in from no where, spotted my name, and decided to duel me, but I have been enlightened about the situation, and I will do it, though like I said, I am fairly tired, and need a break, I've only been on max half hour over the last three-four days, and need to update my rp.
    -----------------------

The man on horseback stared intently through the shadows cast by the massive trees, watching all movement. He was suspicious of everyone and everything, and with good reason. He was emperor of a... currently misunderstood country, which had just been all but crushed by war. and now he fled, from even his own people, for they had revolted against him. He was wanted everywhere, and was just stalling for time. Only his skill with the thin sabre at his hip, his agility and cold logic kept him alive. He was buying time, but with every man he killed, he dug himself deeper into this endless chasm of despair. He continued scanning the trees, waiting. There was no time to wallow in his certain death, that would simply shorten his life further. His eyes fell on a branch of a tree, perfect for watching people. And he only barely noticed the man crouching on the limb. his hand fell to his blade, and he pulled it out in a smooth motion, and howled a battle cry.

(((No problem man.)))

Slyyger silently cursed the full moon and cloudless sky as he saw the man reach for his blade.

Perched astride a branch, Slyyger reached one hand behind his back and drew his first katana. With the other, he reached into one of his pouches and hurled several handfuls of things that glinted matalically to either side of the tree, Leaving a swath five feet wide, directly between himself and his quary.

The caltrops were unusually large. With their nearly two inch spikes standing up, long enough, and sharp enough, to pierce even the thickest boots. The tips, coated with a slow acting poison, would make the feet and legs of any who stepped on them numb and useless minutes afterwards, and for hours after that.

Reaching his empty hand behind him, he remained poised for the other to come.
    \
    Retired Staff... That means I'm a crotchety old man who can still whup you young pups in the RP Forum!

The man didn't see the sharp poison covered blades until the instant before his foot hit the ground, he quickly withdrew his feet and leapt from his horse, propelling himself violently into the brush near the trail, blade tucked close to his body. A sharp pain, followed by a tingling burn incased his foot. He hadn't quite made it. a single blade was pressed no more than a few millimetres through his toe. He already felt drowsy, but at the same time, more alert than ever. He had been the leader of a race of barbarians, berserkers, and now the old blood fo his family shone through. He felt so alive, so happy, the ecstasy of the fight nearly brought him to his knees. he would die tonight, whether or not it was the man's blade or his won, his life would end, but that man would come with him. he pulled a concealed dagger from his boot, and with a bestial scream, through it with all his might at the man, still waiting in the trees. he had his own poison on that blade, a poison that cause dreariness and grogginess. Perhaps that would even the odds. He felt surprisingly light hearted as he charged towards the tree

Slyyger watched the man leap from his horse with a grin, knowing that he would find his way onto at least one caltrop, more if he tried to approach through them, lieing as they were among the underbrush, grass and leaves on the forest floor.

When the man bent to - Slyyger assumed - pull a dagger from his boot, he whipped forward the hand behind his back, throwing two small packets that had been shaken out of his sleeve. The packets left his hand even as the foreigner's blade left his own, and Slyyger was already moving.

The packets burst open in front of the stranger before he could take a second step. The powders in the packets mixing together and releasing a cloud of smoke obscuring the area around the man for about five seconds. By the time the smoke cleared, the branch was empty.

The night was quiet. All that could be heard was a faint rustling off the to man's left, a gentle crunching, as of quiet footfalls off to his right, his horse's nervous breathing behind him, and the dead silence of the quiet forest emanating from the tree were Slyyger had frustratingly escaped.
    \

The agony and numbness was spreading up his leg rapidly, it was already stiff, and the stranger was gone. He bared his teeth, lunging into the night, limping on his useless leg. He lunged after the soft rustle of leaves, making it known where he was, lulling the other man into false security, hoping he would come out into the open, but knowing how slim the chance was. he shifted the sabre in his hand, to keep sweat from forming and loosening his hold. In the other hand he held a length of cord, retrieved from his belt, with weights on either end. And in that moment, he saw a perfect opportunity. The other man's leg dissapearing into the brush. He threw the cord like boomerang, directly towards the man's thigh. It wrapped around tightly, the weights smashing his shin, the serrated edges cutting into his leg. those edges were covered in the same venom as the dagger. the fight would soon be evened out.
    Last edited by SilverIce; 12-04-2006 at 03:33 AM.

From his perch atop the horse, whickering from the presence of an unkown rider, Slyyger watched through a break in the trees. The cord wrapped around the leg of one of the dummies he has set up in the surrounding forest earlier. The suspended limbs shifted around as the branches of the trees swayed where they were anchored high above.

As the dummy crashed to the ground, Slyyger threw two razor sharp shurikens at the man's unsuspecting back. They whipped through the air with the precision of years of practice. They flew unerringly towards either side of the middle of the other's back, ensuring that whether the other moved to the side, bent suddenly, dropped or jumped, at least one of them would burry itself in him.
    Last edited by Pipster; 12-04-2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: typo
    \

He heard the whir of blades, the soft release of breath, and knew what was happening. the blades had barely left the man's hand when he threw himself to the ground. the blade struck his ear; warm blood trickled down his cheek and pain shot through him. He was still intact. whirling around, he saw movement, definite movement, without mistaking. the man was slinking way, quickly. he was well trained, perfectly trained to expect anything that an opponent had to offer. So instead of the obvious plan, he would have to choose something different. he had it. He turned and ran in the opposite direction, his leg dragging behind him. Fleeing, or so it would seem. running in fear. But he was listening, knew exactly what to listen for. "come to me," he whispered, "chase me down." And the man stopped running, pretended to search the skies, waiting. He had one more hidden surprise, and that would be enough.