Moderators...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 21

Default Moderators...

Make sure theres enough moderators, or that they actually monitor the sections. On the old site, i had to message 2 mods to get the spam locked, and also in the habbohotel forum there was heaps of crap. Just make sure that the forums get monitored this time.

Thanks.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Ramstien
    Make sure theres enough moderators, or that they actually monitor the sections. On the old site, i had to message 2 mods to get the spam locked, and also in the habbohotel forum there was heaps of crap. Just make sure that the forums get monitored this time.

Thanks.
    Crappy post is like roaches, they disappear and more will still come. No matter how well they monitor, they will be some will be overlooked.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10

Still, more moderators are needed, and there are alot of members that have bene here for years that are willing to help (like me).. although they also overlook that, FabiaN became a mod as well yesterday... and surprisingly also had 6300 posts, isnt that a coincidence? ^^

Shinethrough theDarkness, and your fate willshineas well.
    In the absence ofLight, Darkness prevails.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Wrz Pirate
    Exactly what I need, M'zoft does not want my win, he said is a pirate and does not recognize him as his son.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35

Don't look the the posts count look how long they are on onrpg and if they are nice.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 22

Yeah, I don't think post count should matter. A moderator should be nice, follow the rules, have a good sense of humour and be fair. Judging by post count is like judging skills by in game scores. Happened to me several times in CS... -.- I had like 7(Kills)-13(Deaths) and some guy told me I was a noob. But at the end of the map, I had 43 kills and still 13 deaths..

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 32

Post count and length of time they've been here doesn't matter. Its all about their quilitys. Willness to help out. Consistens of being on the forums. So on and son on. Ramstien the reason there was so much in the Habbo Hotel forum was because MarineKing was away for a little while. He got back and shut it all down. (Why isn't there a Habbo Hotel section here? A lot of sections havn't been moved. Will they ever?)

Administrator of Doom Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamer
    Still, more moderators are needed, and there are alot of members that have bene here for years that are willing to help (like me).. although they also overlook that, FabiaN became a mod as well yesterday... and surprisingly also had 6300 posts, isnt that a coincidence? ^^
    Actually Fabiann has been a mod for a while. He was just promoted to Super Mod

THANKSOBAMA Reputation: 534

Here are the things we look for in a Moderator:

1. Knows a LOT about the game or the forum we're going to put him in charge of. That way, he can be more helpful.
    2. Mature, and doesn't have a short temper. Larger tempers means less judgements made while being influenced by anger, and therefore, more fair. Mature is one of THE main reasons.
    3. Has been with the community for a relatively long amount of time. This way, people will know him better, and because he is mature, respect him.
    4. Can make fair judgements, is full of good ideas, and isn't afraid to warn a friend who broke the rules.
    5. Can deal with threats (believe me, almost every single moderator gets threats).
    6. Activity.
    7. And a bunch of other fun qualities!

So, no, Phil. Length of time DOES matter.

Ramstein (good band, btw), moderators DO take vacations. Right now, I'm on vacation! So, I'm just surfing around the forums, but am taking a break from locking forums and so on.
    Moderators have lives, and we need to take breaks. OnRPG is tons of work, and eats up our free time like a colony of termites eating my bedpost. In other words, LOTS of free time gone. But not wasted!

So, if you see a bad post, report it! The system here is different than it was on the Old Boards (O. Underneat the avatar, location, join date, posts, etc, are some buttons. The one the far right is a red exclamation point in a traffic-like sign. Click that on the post that's bad. Just like before.

Hope that helps. And sorry I didn't answer your question directly, but I don't have enough time to answer it directly. Or even post with proper grammar! Bwahahahahahaha.

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 22

I always report spam/ref links and re-posted topics. But sometimes I think that the mod/super mod/admin who recieves these reports gets tired of me reporting a bunch of posts. Since I think I'm the only one actually us(ed)ing the report system..

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 45

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatis
    A moderator should be nice, follow the rules, have a good sense of humour and be fair. ..
    I agree to that.
    "New forums" need to be more composed with less disciplinary reactions!
    moderators who don't like certain posts.
    Just move it! or delete it!
    thats the simple method.
    no fuss. no recall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast