Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 104

Thread: Exteel = Worst shooter of all time.

  1. #51
    Banned Reputation: 11
    maximusbrute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Exteel would be more fun if they add some of that Rakion gameplay like combos and chaos mode.

  2. #52
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 26

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,723
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashste999 View Post
    yeah americas army is really exciting, u sit on top of a roof waiting to get shot or possibly shoot someone else, who will then notice you and kill you with 1 hit. most boring FPS IMO.
    Best thing and most exciting part of AA rushing into a camping spot suicide nading and pissing the hardcore nerds off. Everything else about the game is just for laughs. The fact everyone is an army ranger and the opposing team only looks liek a terroist to you sucks. The wall glitches. Not my favorite FPS

    Ill stick to Enemy territory thank you

  3. #53
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 13
    Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,768
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Grow up Kids. Just because Runescape is hated by a lots of player now, doesn't men you have to join the mass group to make other think you're leet. You have no right to judge a game. Different people have different taste. Dont you forget, once upon a time, you were a fan of runescape and maplestory so now, please shut it.

    Maplestory is still ranked amongs the best MMO out there.

    Also, please tell me, which MMORPG recquire "skills" to play? Please tell me. NONE. ALL MMORPG recquires a whole load of grind in order to be "pro".
    Bakaly Baka~

  4. #54
    Detective Kirby Reputation: 10
    punkerdan85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    Also, please tell me, which MMORPG recquire "skills" to play? Please tell me. NONE. ALL MMORPG recquires a whole load of grind in order to be "pro".
    Ultima Online and Guild Wars both require skill and strategy in PvP competition. Since everyone is on the same level there isn't really any grind required. Also, you are an idiot.

  5. #55
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 16
    guinness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    533
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    Grow up Kids. Just because Runescape is hated by a lots of player now, doesn't men you have to join the mass group to make other think you're leet. You have no right to judge a game. Different people have different taste. Dont you forget, once upon a time, you were a fan of runescape and maplestory so now, please shut it.

    Maplestory is still ranked amongs the best MMO out there.

    Also, please tell me, which MMORPG recquire "skills" to play? Please tell me. NONE. ALL MMORPG recquires a whole load of grind in order to be "pro".
    Maybe runescape is hated by a lot of players because it's terrible. Also there are plenty of MMO's out there that require skill, if you can't think of one that's your failure not ours. I do agree with one thing though, everyone like to play different things. Which is why although I don't understand all the cartoony children MMO's, (like maple story) apparently a lot of people like them and that's fine by me. However when a game is just bad reguardless of it's appearance it's not a matter of taste, it's a matter of poor mechanics.

    Back on topic, after playing exteel for a over a week or so now I have to agree that it's pretty boring. Then again so was gunz after a while.
    Elvis was a pussy. Johnny Cash was rock and roll.

  6. #56
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 13
    Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,768
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punkerdan85 View Post
    Ultima Online and Guild Wars both require skill and strategy in PvP competition. Since everyone is on the same level there isn't really any grind required. Also, you are an idiot.
    Hah? Skills? Sorry but all MMORPG recquires a good finger which pound the keyboard to activated those skills also. If you consider running around shooting stuff or using all enhancement aura around you beign a skills of the "player" then here goes off Maplestory needs a lots of skills to play. 1st you have to jump around to AVOID monsters and stuff...please...All MMORPG needs, is time to play it and grind.

    Also, you have no right to call me idiot. You, yourself, is making a very bad example to de-grade runescape.

    Maybe runescape is hated by a lot of players because it's terrible. Also there are plenty of MMO's out there that require skill, if you can't think of one that's your failure not ours. I do agree with one thing though, everyone like to play different things. Which is why although I don't understand all the cartoony children MMO's, (like maple story) apparently a lot of people like them and that's fine by me. However when a game is just bad reguardless of it's appearance it's not a matter of taste, it's a matter of poor mechanics.
    Runescape it's sitll played by a lots of people. youre definitions of greateness ahs changed from the time you were playing runescape because of the variety of MMO available after YEARS.

    Also, I said MMORPG. You fail to read.

    Dont you forget one thing, Runescape it s browser MMORPG. Also, considering of it's age, it's quite impressing it made so far. You both are now comparing a free-browser to some Stand-alone game? -sigh-. There's no bound to comparison huh?


    EDIT -

    Also, let me tell you what's "skills" Skills are something you do not lose therefore, changing from game to game, you will perform at the same level. Example of FPS games. You have a very good aim, therefire in other games that recquires aiming, you will be good. However, if we look at any MMORPG. All it recquires are TIME AND LOTS OF IT. Why? Will you be the same uber character in another MMORPG? No. If ever you went on a break and come back like a few month after, where your account was deleted. Will you be the same uber character in a short pan of a week? NO. You will start from 0. From the so-called "noob" state to the "pro" ( aka. no life) level where time was awfully invested. If we look at shooter game, even if you leave for a couple of years, you come back as the same person after a few hours of play. The few hours will not go pass 10 hours.
    Last edited by Icy; 12-28-2006 at 11:59 PM.
    Bakaly Baka~

  7. #57
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10
    kayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    Hah? Skills? Sorry but all MMORPG recquires a good finger which pound the keyboard to activated those skills also. If you consider running around shooting stuff or using all enhancement aura around you beign a skills of the "player" then here goes off Maplestory needs a lots of skills to play. 1st you have to jump around to AVOID monsters and stuff...please...All MMORPG needs, is time to play it and grind.

    Also, you have no right to call me idiot. You, yourself, is making a very bad example to de-grade runescape.



    Runescape it's sitll played by a lots of people. youre definitions of greateness ahs changed from the time you were playing runescape because of the variety of MMO available after YEARS.

    Also, I said MMORPG. You fail to read.

    Dont you forget one thing, Runescape it s browser MMORPG. Also, considering of it's age, it's quite impressing it made so far. You both are now comparing a free-browser to some Stand-alone game? -sigh-. There's no bound to comparison huh?


    EDIT -

    Also, let me tell you what's "skills" Skills are something you do not lose therefore, changing from game to game, you will perform at the same level. Example of FPS games. You have a very good aim, therefire in other games that recquires aiming, you will be good. However, if we look at any MMORPG. All it recquires are TIME AND LOTS OF IT. Why? Will you be the same uber character in another MMORPG? No. If ever you went on a break and come back like a few month after, where your account was deleted. Will you be the same uber character in a short pan of a week? NO. You will start from 0. From the so-called "noob" state to the "pro" ( aka. no life) level where time was awfully invested. If we look at shooter game, even if you leave for a couple of years, you come back as the same person after a few hours of play. The few hours will not go pass 10 hours.
    Icy is completely correct, and the fact that this EXACT topic is being brought up every day is a bit sad. What's the point of argueing when u can go grind?! Gosh.
    hard work pays off

  8. #58
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 13
    Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aldie, VA
    Posts
    630
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    what kind of people would put an auto-aimer in a FPS? thats just not right man, other then that the cluster thing I dont mind too much.
    BLEH >_>

  9. #59
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,456
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I don't see the problem, your not looking deep enough. You aim like you would in any other fps, its not like you shoot where no one is and it magicly darts at the nearest guy.. Its just confirmation that the target is indeed in sight, and 95% of the time their dodgeing too fast for majority of the shots to hit, like any other FPS.

    For the record, I think they did good considering I'm sure in reality if there were mecha's like these they would have even more "annoying" abilitys.
    »Games & IGN«
    •Wurm Online » Leviathan•
    •FFTA2•
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

  10. #60
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 13
    Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,768
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    what kind of people would put an auto-aimer in a FPS? thats just not right man, other then that the cluster thing I dont mind too much.
    Look, here goes the logic of Exteel's auto-aim.

    IT'S A ROBOT!!! A MECHA!!! People would sya. " WTF??? CAN'T A COMPUETR AUTO AIMMMM WTFFFF"

    Also, auto aim means nothing when you can dash 300miles/hour....
    Bakaly Baka~

  11. #61
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82
    Cereal&Milk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    I don't see the problem, your not looking deep enough. You aim like you would in any other fps, its not like you shoot where no one is and it magicly darts at the nearest guy.. Its just confirmation that the target is indeed in sight, and 95% of the time their dodgeing too fast for majority of the shots to hit, like any other FPS.

    For the record, I think they did good considering I'm sure in reality if there were mecha's like these they would have even more "annoying" abilitys.
    I don't see the logic behind auto-aiming regardless. By adding that, they've automatically made it 2 times easier to pin a decent shot. And when you're in a dogfight with six or seven players, it's very hard to escape when you're pin-pointed so easily. It kind of ruins the playability for some of us.

    ^Icy, yes, it is a mecha. But if you pay attention to the NPC, she says, "you will become an excellent pilot someday" sometime after one of the tutorials. Last time I checked, people couldn't auto-aim. =/

  12. #62
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,456
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Well, I can see your point, but all games have one thing that just doesn't work well with the players. I probably would do 10x better without it but I guess we'll have to live with it, maybe they will remove it, who knows. I don't think its enough to call it the worst shooter. =/
    »Games & IGN«
    •Wurm Online » Leviathan•
    •FFTA2•
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

  13. #63
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    so let me get this straight. I turn my mech toward the direction of the other guy, shoot and he is dead. I do that again, turn, shoot, dead. Notice how I didn't say the magic word "aim". Now considering that these are robots from the future, I guess autoaim is realistic considering that this is the future we are talking about. But to say to me that there is no "futuristic" defense against it, no jamming devices, no flares, not even a gundam wing looking shield for god sakes(is there even a delay in how long it takes to "lock on" and do you even know that they your locked on to you....) ....is kind dumb I have to admitt.....Once again another Korean game that pays no attention to balance but creates incredibly easy garbage...o and did I mention it probably going
    p2p after beta

  14. #64
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,456
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    You get shields and a red box appears at the top of your screen saying "Locked" or something like that, I forget the exact words. And you do aim, you may not have to as much but instinctively, you do aim... You still have to shoot at the person, so that means you must aim, it informs you, your being locked onto, you can dodge.

    Also, if you havn't played I wouldn't comment on how "garbage" it is. And its F2p.

    People seem to think anyone in your screen is locked onto, you still need to get them in your crosshairs, and they still dodge. You don't walk in, anyone on your screen just sits there and their obliterated. =/
    »Games & IGN«
    •Wurm Online » Leviathan•
    •FFTA2•
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

  15. #65
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile exteel client

    can some one please tell me how too download the exteel client2

  16. #66
    Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10
    Lord Galcian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    The fact that you HAVE to be locked to your opponents via the lame auto-aim to be able to hit them, just amplifies the lameness of it. That totally defeats stuff like leading with cannons.

    And I've noticed how no one's mentioned the skills...you know, those skills that when someone uses it on you it always hits, you can't dodge them. AND when you get hit by a skill, you become immobile while you watch the skill from a different camera angle, then you gain control of your mech after the skill is finished just to say hi to the 5 other enemies that swarmed around you waiting for your mech to be targetabble again. I can see that working "maybe" with melee weapon based skill, but not ranged ones.

    Also, vertical boosting in the game sucks. It may be more "realistic", but like people have said, realistic doesn't necessarily mean fun.

    PS: Don't bother asking for my account even though I don't use it anymore.

  17. #67
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 13
    Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,768
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Galcian View Post
    The fact that you HAVE to be locked to your opponents via the lame auto-aim to be able to hit them, just amplifies the lameness of it. That totally defeats stuff like leading with cannons.

    It's an advance technology implified Mecha aka Robot. Even a normal fighter jet have autoaim nowsaday. You people keeps whinnign about the unrealistic gameplays around the games. Now you have it yet you whine? What do you want? VR?

    And I've noticed how no one's mentioned the skills...you know, those skills that when someone uses it on you it always hits, you can't dodge them. AND when you get hit by a skill, you become immobile while you watch the skill from a different camera angle, then you gain control of your mech after the skill is finished just to say hi to the 5 other enemies that swarmed around you waiting for your mech to be targetabble again. I can see that working "maybe" with melee weapon based skill, but not ranged ones.
    Let's say, I use my big big +10 holy blessed baseball bat and fiercly swing it toward your head. There'll be only 2 possiblity..or maybe 3.

    1- You die
    2- You stay on the floor for a "limited" time but not dead.
    3- You sit on the floor and call your mama.

    You see, lots of people are whinning about. OMGG!! YOU GOT HIT AND NOTHING HAPPENNNN HAXXX...there you go. realistic gaming. You get hit, you get stun. When a robot receive a blow or something stunning, it tries to minimize the...quackquackquackquack. So on. it's called REALISTIC.

    Also, vertical boosting in the game sucks. It may be more "realistic", but like people have said, realistic doesn't necessarily mean fun.
    People want it to be as realistic as possible. A game. ( proof? We all seeks VR )
    However, when it becomes realistic, you whine. When creator set the game unrealistic to satisfy the gamers, they whine about it....when will it end?
    Bakaly Baka~

  18. #68
    Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10
    Lord Galcian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ...people keeps whinnign about the unrealistic gameplays around the games. Now you have it yet you whine? What do you want? VR?
    This just makes me grin. This leads me to believe you think that not being able to use a long-ranged projectile weapon because your "too" close to the enemy and can't initiate a lock-on, and because of this you cannot harm the opponent...realistic? Gah.


    Let's say, I use my big big +10 holy blessed baseball bat and fiercly swing it toward your head. There'll be only 2 possiblity..or maybe 3.

    1- You die
    2- You stay on the floor for a "limited" time but not dead.
    3- You sit on the floor and call your mama.

    You see, lots of people are whinning about. OMGG!! YOU GOT HIT AND NOTHING HAPPENNNN HAXXX...there you go. realistic gaming. You get hit, you get stun. When a robot receive a blow or something stunning, it tries to minimize the...quackquackquackquack. So on. it's called REALISTIC.
    I couldn't agree with you more. My gripe is with the fact that the skill doesn't even start it's animation until the "cut-scene" kicks in. If it was real-time I wouldn't care, but oh well.


    People want it to be as realistic as possible. A game. ( proof? We all seeks VR )
    However, when it becomes realistic, you whine. When creator set the game unrealistic to satisfy the gamers, they whine about it....when will it end?
    It will never end methinks :/

    Anyway, for a f2p game, it's ok, and it will appeal to a lot of people. But there are those like me who will detest it and wait for something else to come along. (I'm waiting for Armored Core 4 and it's semexy online capabilities ^_^).

  19. #69
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 13
    Icy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,768
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Galcian View Post
    This just makes me grin. This leads me to believe you think that not being able to use a long-ranged projectile weapon because your "too" close to the enemy and can't initiate a lock-on, and because of this you cannot harm the opponent...realistic? Gah.

    You said it yourself.

    Long-ranged weapon. We all agree that, you cannot argu that the weapon serves for using it at a far away enemy....

    I dont think that is any stereotyping, biasing, faking, -beep-ing or any kind of thing. It's written white and black ( ok...blue red or whatever!! no color arguying!) L-O-N-G---R-A-N-G-E-D- -W-E-A-P-O-N-.
    Bakaly Baka~

  20. #70
    Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10
    Lord Galcian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yup. But in every other game, period, that I have played that was long-ranged weaponry, you can still use it as you get closer and closer to your opponent (excluding some artillery units in some games).

  21. #71
    Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 94
    Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,456
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    It adds differen't play styles, it would be dull if all weapons did the same thing at the same range. And you can dodge the lock on, as it tells you you've been locked on.
    »Games & IGN«
    •Wurm Online » Leviathan•
    •FFTA2•
    »Last updated May 31 2010«

  22. #72
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ok, I havent played yet but let me fill you guys in on something. This isnt really ment to be a tps. Have you ever played the game virtual on? That is what this game is supposed to be. An online mulitplayer virtual on. The creater even mentioned virtual on in his interview. For those of you who dont know Virtual On was an arcade game and also came out on the dreamcast. It was a mech fighting game were you dashed around, shot each other (yes with auto aim) and came in close for melee attacks if you wished. The skill isnt involved in the shooting, its involved in the timing of the dashes to avoid attacks. Fast paced dashing doesnt allow time for aiming. Anyway my friends and I really enjoyed the virtual on games and I am looking forward to playing this, and yea its free if you dont want to play it then dont.

    I also dont think you guys are seeing the big picture. This is a big step for online mech games. Sure the combate system might have some flaws but I think they are going the right direction with the fast paced gameplay. Think about it. Later they could fix the combat system. Put it in a huge free roaming world, allow clanning and bases, you could escape by flying into near by woods hiding and turning off you mech, end homming beacons to clansmen. I am getting ahead of myself. I see this game as a means to an end and I will support it cause the better it does the better chance a newer better online mech game will come.
    Last edited by runeblade48; 01-07-2007 at 05:29 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

  23. #73
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10
    Metallica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icy View Post
    It's an advance technology implified Mecha aka Robot. Even a normal fighter jet have autoaim nowsaday. You people keeps whinnign about the unrealistic gameplays around the games. Now you have it yet you whine? What do you want? VR?



    Let's say, I use my big big +10 holy blessed baseball bat and fiercly swing it toward your head. There'll be only 2 possiblity..or maybe 3.

    1- You die
    2- You stay on the floor for a "limited" time but not dead.
    3- You sit on the floor and call your mama.

    You see, lots of people are whinning about. OMGG!! YOU GOT HIT AND NOTHING HAPPENNNN HAXXX...there you go. realistic gaming. You get hit, you get stun. When a robot receive a blow or something stunning, it tries to minimize the...quackquackquackquack. So on. it's called REALISTIC.



    People want it to be as realistic as possible. A game. ( proof? We all seeks VR )
    However, when it becomes realistic, you whine. When creator set the game unrealistic to satisfy the gamers, they whine about it....when will it end?
    grats man, you finally found a shooter you're good at, an auto aiming badly made mech game..

    see heres the problem, someone like icy can kill a FPS/TPS pro/veteran without actually aiming..
    Meet Paster Benny Hinn.


    "The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid 90's, about '94-'95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America. [audience applauds] But He will not destroy it - with what many minds have thought Him to be, He will destroy it with fire. And many will turn and be saved, and many will rebel and be destroyed."


    LOL? late much?

  24. #74
    Pellet Eater Reputation: 22

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Well, you're describing every FPS known to date right there...

  25. #75
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I agree with the previous poster, this is a big step for mech mmo's. sure, this games combat system needs work, but you know what, what game doesnt need work? The point is, we have a mech mmo. Other companies can see what this game did, take it, and improve on it. so sure, it might suck now, but maybe another mech mmo will come along and do things better than this game. So stop complaining, if you hate it, dont play it. Its that simple. I personally will still probably try it just for the simple fact that its a mech mmo. Ive been waiting for a mech mmo for a long time now.

    And keep in mind, this games just in its beta stages, it still has alot of time to be improved on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •