Built-in forum chat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10
    PowerGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Updated username is Nirkon
    Posts
    1,039
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Built-in forum chat

    Well seeing as alot of people are online all the time, why not mod a bit and put a built in chat to the forums? it would save alot of spam and people can converse with the chat instead of with the forums

    i would use it alot to have convos with specific people instead of PMing them all the time.

    Shinethrough theDarkness, and your fate willshineas well.
    In the absence ofLight, Darkness prevails.

    Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Wrz Pirate
    Exactly what I need, M'zoft does not want my win, he said is a pirate and does not recognize him as his son.



  2. #2
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    DarkSide25's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yeah a shoutbox will be nice.. Though I think many will still use the forum to increase their post counts.


    I love Baby Blues!

  3. #3
    Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 22
    TrayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,066
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    A shoutbox would be good to speak with users one on one if need be or still use the PM system.But shout box would be a quick answer.
    Speaking to member one on one in a post is against the rules.

  4. #4
    A Shrubbery Reputation: 27

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    826
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I personally wouldnt like a shout box but more of a realtime chat to be honest with you.

  5. #5
    Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 22
    TrayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,066
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necreon
    I personally wouldnt like a shout box but more of a realtime chat to be honest with you.
    Is it possible to do like java or irc?
    Maybe could be placed in affect.
    Realtime chat is what I was thinking of as well really.

  6. #6
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10
    PowerGamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Updated username is Nirkon
    Posts
    1,039
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrayDay
    Is it possible to do like java or irc?
    Maybe could be placed in affect.
    Realtime chat is what I was thinking of as well really.
    actually theres a plugin for VB that is for a chat, no java scripting i think,
    actually one-on-one member post chat is not against the rules...
    ive done it quite a few times with members and no moderator or anyone had said that its against the rules.. and also ive seen other people do it as well.

    Shinethrough theDarkness, and your fate willshineas well.
    In the absence ofLight, Darkness prevails.

    Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Wrz Pirate
    Exactly what I need, M'zoft does not want my win, he said is a pirate and does not recognize him as his son.



  7. #7
    Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 22
    TrayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,066
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamer
    actually theres a plugin for VB that is for a chat, no java scripting i think,
    actually one-on-one member post chat is not against the rules...
    ive done it quite a few times with members and no moderator or anyone had said that its against the rules.. and also ive seen other people do it as well.
    Oh well then thats not bad.but introducing a chat box would still be nice.It could help some honetly,eben though many will still would like a post count.

  8. #8
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 32
    Phil3070's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio.
    Posts
    1,337
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    A shoutbox could be a spamfest. But I wouldn't care. I'd use it.

  9. #9
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 22
    Alcatis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The Shout(spam)box shouldn't add to your post count and you should only be able to make one shout/30 sec or more. Thus preventing spammers.

  10. #10
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35
    Warlordrody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,847
    Rep Power
    9



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •