Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The GO Guru(This is a FAQ. Read here first!)

Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 14

Since open beta started I might as well bump this for people who have questions or what not. ^_^ Enjoy open beta everyone.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

this might be a noob question and all but i was wondering if the stats (dex, str, etc) get reset after the job adv? please and thanks

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Greed View Post
    this might be a noob question and all but i was wondering if the stats (dex, str, etc) get reset after the job adv? please and thanks
    yes once you reach lv 10 and change jobs your stats reset. I do not know if this is true for the order/caos job changes.

Okunen Guild Leader. Click banner to learn more!

Current main game: Blade & Soul West (upon release)

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Strength or Dex for a claw assasin?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
    Strength or Dex for a claw assasin?
    You need both, dex for max atk dmg and str for min atk

Q: What is the stat ability and skill build for any magician?

Should i up penertrate(the skill for glove sin)???
    It seem 2 be help me lvl a lot faster then b4
    wat stat shuld range sin up??

Ack, accidently hit post, sorry for the double.
    Last edited by DarkEssence; 01-20-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

Thanks duo =D

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEssence View Post
    Q: How many classes are there?
    A: There are three, a warrior, assassin, and a taoist(mage).

Q: What level is required for first job?
    A: You must be level ten before talking to your instructor. Second job is at level 40.

Q: Where are the job instructors located?
    A: The assassin instructor is found at Sentosa Field 6, which you can reach by heading one map east of East Sentosa. The taoist instructor can be found at Klang Valley 3, which you can reach by taking the most right portal at North Sentosa. The warrior instructor is found at Sentosa Field 2, which is east of East Sentosa.

Q: What is the bar under the sp bar for?
    A: That is Rage/Soul Demon which can be activated by pressing shift when it is 100% filled up. You must have a class to use it, and it boosts up your Atk, Ma Atk, and Def.

Q: What stats to raise for Sword Warrior?
    A: Well, let's see. The most important stat for a warrior is str. The next is vit. So your best bet is to go 3:1 str:vit. Some choose to alternate between all str one level and the next level 3:1. It's really your choice. Never hurts to have a little defense though.

Q: For sword warriors, can you list like a leveling guide from level 10 on?
    also what are combat strategies for warriors? do i just keep pressing attack or do i jump around or what?
    and what lvl equipment do you recommend to start upgrading with?
    A: There are many different stat builds you can follow. I'll tell them to you can you can see wich one you like best. The most common one is the 3 str to 1 vit build. you will deal nice damage and the damage you take will be minimal as well. Though you won't be extremely powerful with this build, you will be just about average. Another build is the 2 str to 2 vit build. You will be absolutely untouchable. pretty much everything will do 1 damage on you, however, you will be dealing low numbers and require more time to level up- this is the ultimate tanker build. A build i've heard of is 2 str, 1 dex, 1 vit. the dexterity helps with hitting critical hits which is a little + for warriors since criticals deal nice damage. Now, my personal favorite is a 4 str build- pure str. with this build, you will be dealing 120-130 damage(depending on what monster you're killing) at level 13. It is true though that you will be taking as much damage as a sin does. For the 3 str, 1 vit, 2 str, 2 vit, and 2 str, 1 dex, 1 vit builds, you do not need to upgrade at all until level 20. for the pure str build, you should upgrade your armor to at least +10 using BOXES and RINGS. save your mirrors for level 30 equips.

For attacking, it's best that you keep your feet on the ground and slash. do not spam the space bar, but rather TIME your hits and know your delay time. if you do consistantly on time hits, monsters will be unable to land any special moves on you (like mr. lompat's claw attack).

Here's a little list of training spots i found helpful in my days

Lv11-13
    Sungai Wang 8
    Lv14-16
    North Sentosa Plains 5
    Lv17-19
    The Secret map linking to North Sentosa Plains 5 (the warp is on a big wood structure)
    Lv20-23
    The map AFTER the secret map mentioned above, training on ah doinks and r2d2s
    Lv24-30
    Sungai Buloh 1 and 2 (right next to Titiwangsa, a town on the next area)

Q: What class does the most damage close range?
    A: Pure STR warrior do alot more damage than any class close range.

Q: For warrior, should i max my sword mastery first and not put points in any other skill? what do i max next after sword mastery?
    how often should i use aoe attacks when training? all the time?
    A: Yes sword master to 20 ASAP. Then you should work some points into double slash (since that's a relaly good aoe skill). and since swordies attack fast naturally, there's no point in using AoE skills if you're fighting 1 on 1 with something. Use those AoEs when there's actually an area to affect. If there's a mob, AoE will help you get out of tough situations where you might actually die.

Q: Do the stats reset after job lvl 10?
    A: Yes after you change jobs at ten, the stats reset.

Q: What is the stat ability and skill build for any magician?
    A: You should go all int untill lvl 20, then start putting 3:1 every other lvl. If you die alot you can start putting in vit earlier, but it depends on if you need it or not. As for skills Max Mastery, then get frozen land maxed, because it's a good crowd control skill. Teleport and arrow are also useful, but you may not want to max those. Maybe half way. Other than that it's up to you.
    Thanks so much! The questions I quoted from you are the ones I wanted to know.

No problem, it's my duty to help. Thanks for making me feel like my time was not wasted. ^_^ Have fun playing.

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 10

What are the skills for lvl1-10? And to make sure, I'm making a sword warrior. >.< I'm such a newbie. I only got used to the game except I don't know much stuff.

Hey guys, does anybody know whether fusioning upgrades magic attack for taoists?

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 11

You will have a bonus MATK on the weapon, bonus defense on armor. I have two sealed mirrors yet i haven't got either to 100% souls.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by MattAlchemy View Post
    What are the skills for lvl1-10? And to make sure, I'm making a sword warrior. >.< I'm such a newbie. I only got used to the game except I don't know much stuff.
    Well, while you are a peasant, max out run at lvl 5, max out high jump at lvl 10 and get meditation to 6. That is for the first 10 levels. Also at lvl 10 your stats reset. I have never been warrior so I can't help you there. People say pure str or alot of str with little vit is a good warrior build.

Quote Originally Posted by sircusa View Post
    Well, while you are a peasant, max out run at lvl 5, max out high jump at lvl 10 and get meditation to 6. That is for the first 10 levels. Also at lvl 10 your stats reset. I have never been warrior so I can't help you there. People say pure str or alot of str with little vit is a good warrior build.
    also, if you're going to be a pure dex claw sin, i recommend 5 run, 8 high jump, and 8 meditate. that 2 extra meditate will make it so that you won't need to use pots to level for about 6 levels more.

How do you level fast in level 1-10?
    I remembered someone mentioned that there's a place nearby the "guide for novice" and you can train there.. or whatever..
    I forgot which thread it is.. so i might as well ask it here, considering that for the past few pages, no one asked this yet..
    Last edited by GhostOnlineXD; 01-21-2007 at 06:33 AM.

hello guru! I;m in need of your true guidance!

I've been looking for the dark orb city east, for the quest of 12th desciples of me ho, but i can not find it! is it the ayer hitam city?

and dong hwa quest, he doest want to talk to me? is he shy?? ...

please help me..guru...

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

What stats i need for claw assassin?
    Im something.

Q: What are the skills for lvl1-10?
    A: Well, while you are a peasant, max out run at lvl 5, max out high jump at lvl 10 and get meditation to 6. That is for the first 10 levels. Also at lvl 10 your stats reset. I have never been warrior so I can't help you there. People say pure str or alot of str with little vit is a good warrior build. For a sin it's better to have 8 med and jump. For a taoist it's better to have 14 med and 6 jump, and leave run at 1.

Q: Does anybody know whether fusioning upgrades magic attack for taoists?
    A: Yup, Ma Atk for weapons and Def for armor.

Q: How do you level fast in level 1-10?
    A: That place dissapeared in Open Beta, and leveling to ten has now become harder. I suggest just grinding at Sentosa plains 6. For the first 4-5 levels just kill the flames and Tua Toas, green cyclops. Then at 4 or 5 go to the next map and train on Rocks and Plants. That should get you to 10 pretty fast.

Q: Dark Orb City East, is it Ayer Hitam City? And what about Dong Hwa?
    A: Well in Closed Beta, the desciple quest was directed towards Ayer Hitam, so I'm guessing they are the same city, but I could be wrong. As for Dong Hwa, the quest is still broken.

Q: What stats do I need for claw assassin?
    A: You need dex and str. Probably best to do 3:1. Although I've heard that going all dex is pretty good too.

Please read the faq before posting a question. I do not want to post the same question more than once, and it's easier for us to respond to questions that have not been answered yet. Thank you.
    Last edited by DarkEssence; 01-21-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

Oops sorry i didn't notice that beacuse i mixed up maplestory and GO xD cuz in maplestory you throw using claw

EDIT:

Q: What is the skill build for assassin?
    A: For a glove assassin you should deffinetly master "Range Mastery" because free damage is always useful. I think doubleshot is also a must to master, but not right away. Seeing as how it uses up alot of mp you should probably get it to 5 or 10 first then save points to master it later. I've also heard that envenom is also very useful, but mostly in PvP. So don't max it but deffinetly get some points in it. Evasion is really useful because you get to dodge magical attacks from monsters, which usually do more damage anyways. So try to get some points in that. So really you need to master DS and Mastery, after that it's really your decision.

What about claw assassin?
    Last edited by verenro; 01-21-2007 at 12:46 PM.
    Im something.

Where is the NPC "Doctor" located?
    How do I locate other players? (In MapleStory you just need to type '/find "namehere"'

Doctor is located in the potion shop. its on top of the newbie guide if im not wrong. for the /find thing, im also very curious about it.

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

theres a thing on the site in game guide called school but its not working what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodshot View Post
    theres a thing on the site in game guide called school but its not working what is it?
    i'm willing to guess that it's pretty much an advanced tutorial teaching you how to play. And no there is no way to /find people in this game yet, sadly.

@ Verenro

For a claw assassin, you absolutely must get claw mastery to 20 before you touch anything else. Never, and i mean NEVER level up upper cut. Dash strike lv 1 does more damage and to 3 monsters at the same time. Just use normal slashes in between your dash strikes. It's not worth it paying 11 mp for a hit that does the same damage as a normal one, and putting 4 points into it will probably only increase its atk power by 20-30. As for dash strike, it's going to be your main leveling skill for a long ass time. I suggest getting it to lv 5, then getting it to 10, then saving until level 35+ when you have more mp. Also you should be saving up for evasion then, since you will be up close in person, the only threat you have is the chance of getting hit by a magic attack (unless of course you take 1 step too many and ram your face into the monster). and since you won't be touching upper cut, you should maybe boost envenom up to lv 5 or 10 (i kept mine at 5 and it was perfectly fine) and then save up points for when they add the level 40 and 50 skills (i sure hope those are attack skills, i don't want an endless stream of buffs =O)
    Last edited by Duo; 01-21-2007 at 02:14 PM.