Wheel of Time: Dawn of the Age

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

Default Wheel of Time: Dawn of the Age

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_of_time_series go here if you know nothing of the series and would still like to rp!)

((bear with me for inaccurate information or lack of information period , I've only read 5 of the 12 books, and I have enjoyed every minute of them... however, I was thinking of something, something that has not been explored much in the series...))
    THE AGE OF LEGENDS
    Long ago, before the chaos and confusion that surrounds this world, there was an age known as the Age of Legends. From this Age, the very most powerful artifacts and amazing feats were created and achieved. Legendary Heroes were born, so powerful they were tied to the wheel, raised beyond mortal, kept inside the world of dreams to be called by the Horn of Valere. Cities were made solely with the Power, destroyed the same way, people crossed vast gaps in space in a single moment with the Power; The source remained untainted. Can you be among these legendary Aes Sedai? Are you strong and brave enough to face Shai'tan, The most evil entity in the universe? Will you be a hero? A villain? either way, you will most certainly be one thing: Legendary.

This RP is for fans of the book series, and others who were intrigued by the above paragraph. If you do not know much of the book series, then go to www.wotmania.com and immerse yourself in some of the lore, or read a summary (if you can find one) to find out more. I will post some guidelines for you:
    Races that may be selected:
    Ogier
    Human*
    Trolloc
    Fade (Myrdraal)

"Classes"**
    Aes Sedai
    Warder
    ** these are the only two real definable classes... the others are more or less freeform, but you can be a Wolf Brother, or an Aes Sedai of any Ajah. Warders should have an Aes Sedai to rp with however. Trollocs and Myrdraal are not really available for anything other than what they are: evil creatures of the dark one. (btw, trollocs are dense and not particularly... well, smart in any way. they are worthy opponents though)

Locations: look at this map for locations

So, basically, char. sheet will look like this:
    Race:
    "Class:"
    Description:
    Last edited by SilverIce; 01-07-2007 at 07:44 PM.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10
    A disused server somewhere on the great wide network

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! Pick me!

I read through the entire series in a month and absolutely enjoyed it. But if we are doing the Age of Legends, Saidin hasn't been tainted yet, right?

Just checking before I muck up your plot by picking a male Aes Sedai...

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

((I must admit, I am VERY intrigued by this. Might as ask if you could elaborate on the classes and races a small amount? I'd like to participate, but I am a tad bit lost and unable to reach a bookstore for the next few days. I'll either edit or delete this post based on your response.))

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴ Reputation: 534

((Excuse me, but... There were no "Aiel" in the Age of Legends. There were only the Aiel who followed the Way of the Leaf. In other words, pacifists. They weren't fierce desert fighters yet.))

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

To Jabor: Saidin is, indeed, untainted, and you may be male or female Aes Sedai.
    To.... er, sorry, i forgot the user who asked, but to the second poster:
    I will give a brief overview of the races, which should be accompanied by a trip to the earlier mentioned wikipedia article, and www.wotmania.com. anyways, Humans. These people are similar to you and me, some looking asian, others caucasian, and perhaps some other skin colours (not sure, Jabor?) They are in general farmer types, and all that do not live near the Blight (where all the bad things come from) will generally not believe in trollocs or fades. The Borderland cities (near the blight) will know of these things, and are constantly at war with them, fighting back the blight. on to Ogier. Ogier are massive, forest dwelling people, similar to a cross between a giant, an ent, and a dwarf. (they love trees and will protect their massive groves at all costs, hence the "ent" descriptor) They are very peaceful, but when enraged, they are a force to be reckoned with. They can "sing" wood, making thinngs out of wood, without harming the trees they take the wood from, or "sing" to the trees, making them grow strong and tall very quickly. They also are avid learners, and very long lived. on to the bad guys. The trolloc is a half animal, half human creature, sometimes with a bird's head and human body, or ram's horns on a human head, with a furry body. They are massive, near the size of an Ogier, and vicious. they are also stupid. as simple as that, they are excellent warriors, but they are stupid as dirt. They are wild things, but the Dark One has enslaved them to his will through fear. Much worse than a Trolloc is a Fade. these things are truly deadly. they have no eyes, but can see through dark as easily as light. they have extremely good vision. They can be stabbed, truly mutilated, and still fight back. the only way to kill one is to cut off its head, and then it will still thrash for several hours. or, you could use the One Power and incinerate one. They wield cursed blades that cause fevers and death in men with the slightest wound. The wound can be healed only by Aes Sedai. The trollocs fear fades so much that they cower under them, and will obey only them, or the Dark One himself. Their real name is a Myrdraal. Neither myrdraal or Trolloc can be anything but a fighter type character. On to classes. The first "Class" is Aes Sedai. they are magicians, and use the One Power, a source of infinite energy. they weave the power, like a tapestry, to create spells. they use several powers, fire, earth (strongest in male Aes Sedai), spirit (equal in strength for male and female) water, and air (strongest for females). Some techniques are very complex, like healing. some are very simple, like creating a light, or a flame. but Aes Sedai have limits, and no one can bring someone back to life. If you are unsure of any of that, PM me your question. Warders are the partners of Aes Sedai, powerful warriors that can stay awake for days, are very strong with swords, and have strength and endurance beyond any normal man. If you want to be a Warder, you should have an Aes Sedai to rp with, but this is optional, if highly recommended. For any other class, you can make it up, basically, but it should be mundane, like a merchant, or a farmer, not some prophecised warrior of the light! Please PM me for more questions, PM me. to learn about Ajahs, PM me. to learn which ajah is right for you, go here:
    http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/sele...=aessedaiajahs
    or here: http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=2263
    Last edited by SilverIce; 01-07-2007 at 07:44 PM.

(( Xenonight: I forgot that. Good spotting. SilverIce: The Blight is a whole lot smaller in the Age of Legends. Aeil don't live in the desert, they don't call everyone else Wetlanders, pretty much think of Tinkers. One last Q, can we pick a legendary figure from that age or do we have to make our own? ))

EDIT: I pick Green Ajah.
    Last edited by Jabor_; 01-07-2007 at 07:22 PM.

┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴ Reputation: 534

((Also, when in the Age of Legends is this set? Right before the Breaking?))

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonight2 View Post
    ((Also, when in the Age of Legends is this set? Right before the Breaking?))
    (( Saidin isn't tainted yet, so it's a fair bit before that. ))

((I knew this would happen, you guys know way too much! anyways, this is a modified version of the age of legends, unless it really deeply disturbs you, I will not edit it. and also, as there are no maps of the age of legends, i used this map, above, that looked pretty good. I know that it's different, bwecuase of the breaking, and I know about he past of the Aiel, but is it really that bad? answer truthfully, cause I'll edit it if I absolutely have to.))

((Aeil followed the way of the Leaf, and at the time of the Breaking, fled into the Waste. Their heritage is why Aeil do not touch swords, there is actually a bit in one of the later books on it.))

((That map's fine, since it doesn't show Dragonmount it'll do.))

EDIT: It looks like an old map, it shows Manetheren and all the old kingdoms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast