Request

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 19

Default Request

I used to be a huge UO fan. Its about the only game I played literally for about 3-4 years. The one and only thing that kept me interested in the game, was the mining/blacksmithing/trading part of the game. I was always mining mining mining and selling the ingots I didnt want. Anyway, off topic. After EA, IMHO, ruined the game (not nearly as bad as SOE and SWG though :P ) I was no longer interested in any of the newer expansions. After AOS, that was the last UO series I bought.

Well now Im lost. I'd love to be able to find a game that is like UO. Im not much of the "gotta fight" type of person, more into crafting and the like.

I dont mind paying for a game, but on one condition. It's gotta have a trial beforehand before I pay for it. Its a huge pet pieve of mine to pay for a game only to find its crap later.

I know most of you would suggest A Tale In The Desert. Played it for 3 months and got tired of the repetitiveness. Fun game, but lacking in other aspects.

I also know some would suggest Star Wars Galaxies. Played it for a month, sadly only because I somehow managed to land right on the NGE updates. I missed out.

Horizons also had a very unique and fun crafting system, and I reactivated my account for it 2 months ago, but wasnt impressed with anything and quickly lost my crave to play it.

Im picky I guess. I prefere MMO's over Single player RPGs, more socialable I guess. Paying is not an issue. A good mix of Crafting and Combat is nice. I really dislike PvP.

Theres that part. Also, I've been looking into a few of the Star Wars games, and really Im at a loss. This is more of opinion then it is a request, but Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy (pretty sure thats the name) and Knights of the Old Republic. Which of the two is more of the, start young and green, grow up and become strong, type game? I havent done much research on either of the games, but I figure opinions are better then possibly biased reviews. Also, any other suggestions for a SWs game feel free to let me know.

Thanks..

Staff Admin Reputation: 29

Well there is a new game called Age of Conan sadly it is not out yet, you might enjoy it when it is released because for the beginning it is a single player RPG (till level 20 I believe)
    Crafting was done well in Dark Age of Camelot, and in Final Fantasy XI. I do not know very many if any free MMO's that have a good crafting system. Everquest II, has a good one but you have to be a pretty hardcore gamer to get indepth of it.

Moderator since Aug 2004. I am a guy.
    Email me at lothia@gmail.com
    FFXI Tsukisa: 60pld/30War (retired)
    The OnRPG War

Ah EQII, forgot about that game. Yea their system did take a while, you generally had to be a higher level to do anything to begin with. Too much combat just to craft. Too much of a mix of the two professions. And finding resources about made me want to slash tires.

WoW was fun too for a while. But their quests just about drove me mad. Seems I only play games for a month then find something that drives me nuts.

Ill check out the Age of Conan and keep track of it.

DAOC, I never had a chance to play that game yet, Ill look into that one as well. I really have no interest in the FF series.

Thanks for the reply.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Age of Conan appears to be more "Lets beat the living snot out of everything" it DOES have crafting, but you need to get to a certain level to access tradeskills. It looks good because of the way you can build your own little village and such.

Anyway, keep an eye on Roma Victor and Darkfall. Darkfall seems quite PvP based, but it has a skill-based system that seems more focused on trading and economy. Roma Victor is quite a bit more crafting focused and will be cheaper than Darkfall, but seems to be of "lesser quality" than Darkfall.

They're both P2P. You seem to look for the same things I do in an MMO (Less of the donking heads with hammers, more of the support/trading/socializing).

Still keep an eye on AoC though, that game intrigues me. It'll be a toss-up between that and Darkfall most likely when they're released.

Roma Victor isn't quite P2P, it's more of a Project Entropia type thing. You buy the game and then the easiest way to make money in the game, is to buy it with real money. You get accredited about $5 worth of in-game currency when you buy the game, and thats it. You'll have to work for it afterwards, or buy it with real cash.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

I don't know if it fits the MMO category; but runescape has a huge upside in the mining, crafting, and skills department. And there is a very active game economy with tens of thousands of players.

Runescape has a f2p part; and if you like it you can go p2p.

Good luck....
    Do you play the Damned Isle? Try it...

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

my opion you should try newdragon raja or the old one it has all kinds skills i think more than runescape and it has better graphics you cant craft much until u get to level 10-15 www.newraja.com

Staff Admin Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Skies

DAOC, I never had a chance to play that game yet, Ill look into that one as well. I really have no interest in the FF series.
    DO not think of Final Fantasy XI as anything like the other games. It is a MMORPG that goes into much better detail on stories and other parts then most. It created the multi class system (being two classes at once) and many have adopted it. I would suggest you try out DAOC it got a graphics upgrade I believe last year and is soon to get a new expantion. This game is where everything is at. But for the crafting pretty much you just buy the materials and craft the items, or in high level cases get it from a monster. Lineage II also has a great crafting system (best I have ever seen, and then Final Fantasy XI is a close second) how ever Lineage II's crafting system is very long.

Moderator since Aug 2004. I am a guy.
    Email me at lothia@gmail.com
    FFXI Tsukisa: 60pld/30War (retired)
    The OnRPG War

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by lothia
    It created the multi class system (being two classes at once) and many have adopted it.
    Multi-classing is as old as Dungeons and Dragons. Not Stormreach. As in, the pen and paper version back in...heck I don't even know.

I think Dragon Raja allows you to multi-class too actually. Skill-based games aren't quite "multi-classing" but the concept is similar. FFXI does have multi-classing but it hardly created it.

Anyways, about Dragon Raja, the graphics are pretty shocking. Still, I haven't uninstalled it yet, hopefully once I've gotten the hang of things it'll be better.

Well I have downloaded the Dragon Raja game and installing that now. I've also downloaded DAOC and Im gonna check out the trial that has on the site.

Runescape - Definately no interest.
    FFXI - I'll reconsider what I said and look more into it. I have a friend that I goto college with that plays it, I'll see what he has to say and probably get on the same server as him.
    Roma Victor - I've watched that game for a long time, but forgot about it. I'll get back into the loop tomorrow probably.
    Darkfall - I'll look into it.

Thanks for the suggestions..