World of Warcraft - Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ಠ_ಠ Reputation: 45

Default World of Warcraft - Links

WoW Armory - The WoW Armory is Blizzard official information site where you can view any character on any realm. This includes gear, rep, skills, talents, ect...

WoW Head - Awsome database site containing lots of information on quests and skills. Loads better than Thottbot.

WoW Database - This new site popped up recently and is an interesting alternative to WoW Head and Thottbot.

WoW Census - check out the population of your favorite servers!

Thottbot - The google of WoW, it has drop rates, what drops what, skills for each classes, where monsters are, etc etc.

Petopia - has all the pet skills and where to get them listed. Also lists pets, and has some best possible choices.

World of Warcraft - the main site, crazy active forums.

CTmod - popular UI replacement mod

Cosmos - popular UI mod collection

WoW Vault - Great source for WoW info. Good community too. They also have a weekly segment called "Sprawls Crawl" which I encourage you to check out as it has the latest rumors, information, and other misc. info.

post any other links which are wow related(besides guild sites, and free servers, don't post those.)(well guild sites if they have something special)
    Last edited by Sandman53; 02-26-2008 at 01:12 PM.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 10

Another World of Warcraft Fansite:

http://wow.************/

I use the above all the time!
    MMORPG community

Playing:
    Runes of Magic - Grimdal Server (PvP)

Retired Staff Reputation: 10

Don't forget these!

Warcraft Movies. Awsome site for people who post Videos of their WoW adventures!

Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth. A great web comic that uses WoW screenshots as the art!

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

http://wow.allakhazam.com/ - Has quests, items, builds...... pritty much everything you need ^^ and is very accurate

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Noah
    Flintlocke's Guide to Azeroth. A great web comic that uses WoW screenshots as the art!
    I highly recommend this comic. I've been reading it for months, damn hilarious. although sadly now they just put a screenshot from WoW map viewer together with a bunch of screenshots from WoW character model viewer.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Arrow

A web dev buddy of mine and a friend of his have been working on a site for the WoW community over the last few months, and it's showing serious promise. The goal at first was to sort of do the face behind the character thing right, as well as add certain features reminiscent of FaceBook or MySpace, or something of the like, to the player community.

At least it started out that way. They've now grown, and along with the face behind the character modules, have developed some pretty cool ways to tie into the armory and it's opened up some even more pretty cool features for guilds (quite a bit still not released) and, my favorite, for the average Joe not in a large guild, but still wanting to take part in end-game raiding with others on his server, perhaps in similar situations. As well as for guilds to coordinate their raiding schedules beyond forum posts and in-game messaging, if they do not currently have a stable system to do such a thing.

The site will eventually be sort of a hub for players looking to setup, join, and maintain public raiding or instancing groups outside of the game itself. Players will be able to invite, join, and customize raiding events for their server/faction & guild or even for just fellow non-guild players on their server, to help with coordination for in-game grouping and raiding.

<<Not yet released>> Also very soon, and similar to Outlook calendar layout, each player/character will have a calendar of events that either they're participating in, or events they meet certain criteria for taking place on their server. As an example, if you have 7 of your characters uploaded to your profile and have your Rogue 'selected', public raid opportunities looking for DPS, Rogues, whatever that may apply to the Rogue class and character's level, you will see on your own calendar as an event you can participate in and easily sign up for. If a raid is looking only for tanks, the event will not show up on your Rogue's calendar, but would on a tank's calendar. Being a public raid, guild raid, a combination of both, etc, is all something the event scheduler chooses at the outset.

The events themselves will of course show accepted/attending/can't make it, all the basic shit you'd need it to do as well. And it'll look like somebody that knew what they're doing coded the site. Not animated .gif cheese, or shitty mods necessary to download and use in-game. Also they're working on a forum scheme for the site for guilds, and have already put a messaging system in place for signed up accounts.

Obviously the site's success will depend heavily on participation and interactivity from the users, as well as the quality of the content they're putting into it. They know it can't be some half-ass Frontpage or old-school Geocities shit, and have spent the time and money to make sure they've got the resources to give the players something they want.

They've already developed certain aspects core to the site, but much more awaits. Feel free to check it out now though, create an account, login, browse characters, upload pics, whatever. Fellow members of your guild that do the same will automatically be detected and linked on your character's profile. The site is in its infancy and down the road the utility should be something of serious value.

http://www.wowidentity.com

Comments/Suggestions welcomed! Use the Contact WoWId option at the bottom if you'd like to see something implemented, or just post here.. I'll get them this post's link. Please bookmark and keep checking back for new content and features. And encourage your buddies and guilds to check it out if they'd like! Thanks dudes.

Cool Funny

Wow you guy's are funny.This game is great.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

another good site

http://www.wowdb.com/
    AMG D3!!!!!!!!!!!
    Deathknights are gunna be awesome!

Retired Staff Reputation: 54

http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php

You want to learn how to play your class from the best theorycrafters around? That site is everything you'll ever need.

"Basically it was a ball of mechanical shit." - SandMan

I love you.. lmfao
    I love you too

I love Cloud13 more than anything in the world, though. His Magic...rawr

I've also decided to have Gabriel change my username to StriWonder, when he gets a chance.

This game is great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast