Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is it me or does scion of fate suck..

A Shrubbery Reputation: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyne View Post
    IMHO 2Moons looks worse, it looks like an ordinary grind with pretty graphics...

well you could say that about any MMO.

Yulgang looks like a kiddie cartoon grindfest?

Banned Reputation: 10

Personally I dont care if its meant for 12 years olds even if I am 18... since the game is really populated I get to pwn more n00bs you know what im saying?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by buddhabeads View Post
    well yulang is just a grindfest with fairy graphics.
    hmmmmm, grindfest.

Last one commented to be a grindfest took the avg player 4 days to make it to lvl 20. I think it was Last Chaos.

This game, an avg player can make lvl 20 in a day maybe 2. The serious grinder would make lvl 20 quicker than some of you ask and get answer back in any community to this question...... "How do I use skills?"

I havent seen the grind yet. Of course I lose track of things cause your able to play your own playlist instead of hearing awful background music, and I am able to find spots where the aggro comes to me and I dont have to leave till I need more pots. These spots can be found anywhere, just be smart of how much aggro you can take and how many pots you have. I can avg 1-2 levels sitting in one spot till my pots die out(alomost an hour), after level 18.

Its an unfinished beta? Neothaka, 10 minutes must be the avg time it takes to make any decision about anything. Betas are unfinished, its doesnt take the handicapped to figure that out, but I guess you dont even qualify to be handicapped. Maybe if you could get past the typical KSing and noob calling ( guess what? Its in every game) you would be able to see a game, but since thats what stops you... they are right, your are a noob. So, you have no real judgement on the game. You dont really know what beta testing is or expect from it. I suggest you wait till they are officially released. You are not a beta tester.

As for drops. I think they do need to be raised a bit. I do agree that its enjoyable to see that when you do have a full INV you do not have anything that is useless to anyone(junk drops). I do not gain a lot, but I do stay out enough to cover my losses(pots), and make a profit. Right now I am past lvl 20, have updated my gear except the sword. I need to gain 50k more to get it. Nothing a few rubies wont help.

Overall, for what your getting. Its a decent game.
    What I enjoy about the game is the fact it really enjoyable for anyone who has a low fixed budget. You dont need a updated graphics card for it AnATI Radeon 9250 works well, no lag, not jitters, and atmosphere graphics(moving trees, grass, reflections....) looks very good on this outdated graphics card. Its not processor reliant like Rappelz, LotR, and a lot of other games that have came out recently. This is key to all MMORPGs, its not the graphics power you have to worry about its your PC memory and the management of data coming into your PC from the server. For a game that doesnt need much processing power, this makes it a comfort for the low budget systems.

Overall, the game is good for it being a localization of another so called grinder.
    SO far the goods+
    +less grindier than other localizations
    +ts not graphic or PC memory reliant (low end PC can possibly run it on medium to high)
    +easy to pick up
    +you can play your own music- this features cuts down on the grinding considerably. Why? You dont notice muc when you have good music to keep you company.

The bads------
    - its beta
    - no real in-game guide( but its not hard to understand
    - not much in customization and gear selection
    - everyone needs to remember this- its in beta- not many of you really know what that means.

And to correct the ill educated. Its does have a anime look to it, but there is very little that looks cartoony to this MMORPG. From what I read about this game, its meant to be a funny time killer MMORPG.

Big difference in anime look and cartoon look. I dont like MMORPGs with that toon/childsih feel. This game gives off an anime feel and a casual feel as well.
    Last edited by cyber7chink; 01-17-2007 at 12:48 PM.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

its a really really really old game

see it as an interactive messsenger

春光乍泄 Reputation: 193

What's with the lame comments? Saying Scions of Fate is nothing better than an interactive messenger when it is a decent game.

Oh yeah, this goes in the SoF section.

*Moved*

If you rescue me, I'll be your friend forever. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

And your point is?

Diablo 1 and 2 are old. Still played?

Runescape is old. Still played?

Ultima
    Lineage
    Everquest
    Ragnorok
    Silkroad
    Knights online

I can name quite a few games that are older than SoF and they are still being played as much as they were in their idle days.

Thanks for the spam though

Hopscotch
    Tag
    Hide-n-Seek
    Billiards
    Kickball
    Defender
    Pacman
    Pitfall
    Pong
    Frogger
    Doctor
    Operation
    Catch
    Baseball
    Football
    Paintball
    Lasertag
    MUDs
    Zelda
    Metroid
    Plus limitless more

Try again?

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 12

Ahh.. the typical 2moon fanboy with his witty comments. Please wipe off your fanboysauce off of your cheeks.

Damn Cyber, you killed them in this thread. Enough said.

Hate it or love it.

Darts
    Quarters
    King of the Hill
    Magic: The Gathering
    Monopoly
    Clue
    Axis and Allies( one of my favorite boards games, board its 4 times bigger than tha monopoly board)
    Ninjas and Samurais( another favorite, 5 times bigger than Axis and Allies board)
    Warhammer 40k
    Dungeons and Dragons
    Might & Magic
    Bard's Tale (original series.... maybe even the newest console version is older than Scions)
    Elder Scolls( all the series except Oblivion)
    Baldur's Gate
    Warcraft
    Dune
    Command & Conquer
    Drug Wars
    and amazing enough this title is still being played
    LORD (Legend Of the Red Dragon)

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 46

Actually C7C I think the Lack of actual player controlled customization (stats) can be attributed to the games overall casual feel since you do not need to stress out that you totally ruined your character's build forever.

It feels nice to know its way harder for me to ruin a character....stat points stress me out.

NA Dragon Nest: Argenta : Cleric : Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by Danuve View Post
    Actually C7C I think the Lack of actual player controlled customization (stats) can be attributed to the games overall casual feel since you do not need to stress out that you totally ruined your character's build forever.

It feels nice to know its way harder for me to ruin a character....stat points stress me out.
    You still have state to distribute. But they are really simple as well.

You put one point into this, it will increase this by +%.

I do like that you cannot use an advanced stat till you gain 10 points in one of your main 4. This gives you some controll of what you want to do with the character, but I dont feel that I ever ruined a character with these points though.

13 into extra dmg>>>>2 into returned dmg (returned dmg is a sub stat of extra dmg)
    3 into accuracy
    3 into criticals.

I gnored one of the 4 stats.... or is it 5. Eh, I cant remmeber what others there were, but those are the 4 I add to. I really dont know if you can call them stats though. Maybe attributes?

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by neothaka View Post
    yes, really awfull. i quit after 10 minutes. the game itself shouldn't be in beta for a LONG time. it's the most unfinished beta i've ever been in.
    second, the community, really, really, REALLY dispickable. it's filled with little kids.
    i managed to kill 5 monsters in those 10 minutes. i see 7 foxes, i run up to one of them. a moment later, some kiddie spearman runs after me and kills the wolf, instead of any of 6 remaining. then he does the same thing to the next wolf i target. afterwards, without me saying a word, he starts calling me a 'OMG noobz'.
    i'm sorry, this game is ruined even before it began.
    in 2Moons i have never been ks'ed so far, and the small community there currently is, is a good one. I can only say that the mature rating affects the community
    LOL honestly what did you expect for a game targeted to Little kids. You can tell the game is kiddy land just look at the animations kiddy land mmo made for kids.

GOD This is so ****en funny

I cant stop laughing its so old and i still laugh
    Last edited by Afro-American; 01-17-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afro-American View Post
    LOL honestly what did you expect for a game targeted to Little kids. You can tell the game is kiddy land just look at the animations kiddy land mmo made for kids.
    Another who confuses cartoons with anime. Sit by neothaka on the shortbus.

The animations are depicted to be anime not toony.

Learn the difference. Yes there is a difference, you learn this in art and animation.

I would like to have seen them place eye customizations in the game. Everyone looks too innocent with the big eye anime style. We need some more of the anime eyes.... well maybe more physical characterization choices.

But, like neothaka, you do not know the difference between toony and anime.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    Another who confuses cartoons with anime. Sit by neothaka on the shortbus.

The animations are depicted to be anime not toony.

Learn the difference. Yes there is a difference, you learn this in art and animation.

I would like to have seen them place eye customizations in the game. Everyone looks too innocent with the big eye anime style. We need some more of the anime eyes.... well maybe more physical characterization choices.

But, like neothaka, you do not know the difference between toony and anime.
    Thats cool thats your opinion, But it looks kiddy land to me and i bet if i went up to random people in there 20+ they will say its kiddy land.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 67

It's grindy.You'll take about an hour to get 20% on the 50's-70's.
    Now tell me if that isn't a strong enough reason for it to suck?Don't they learn Western players are not like Eastern?We hate grinds!That's why we play FPS.

PS:The swordman is probably queer.I mean,look at him walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Afro-American View Post
    Thats cool thats your opinion, But it looks kiddy land to me and i bet if i went up to random people in there 20+ they will say its kiddy land.
    32 in Feb. I dont play toony looking games. I do play decent anime games. I dont play the anime games that compile the 2( anime with toons).

Immediately you say its toony on the way it looks.
    How is the enviroment?
    The mobs?
    The NPC and player characters?
    The ambient feel?
    The actions of the NPCs and mobs?

Its not an opinion. Its based on the rules that govern what is considered anime and what is considered an animation or cartoon. Its what you learn in college.

Only thing I see here is that
    the mobs
    NPC
    PC
    look anime-ish. The enviroment, and the game mechanics do not show any sign of a cartoony look to it.

Compare this to WoW.

WoW=
    toony looking toons
    toony looking enviroment(bright and vivid colors, even the dark regions look toony)
    actions toony
    even a lot of the NPC dialogue uses mild to moderate humor.

WoW looks like a toon MMORPG
    SoF looks like an anime MMORPG

Also, before WoW character were known as characters. After WoW, you hear many calling thier characters toons. The best example. I never see anyone calling thier characters toons in this game. I have seen the characters called toons in RO, FlyFF, and ROSE many times after WoW too. If a game changes the lingo its cause of the game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Darc View Post
    It's grindy.You'll take about an hour to get 20% on the 50's-70's.
    Now tell me if that isn't a strong enough reason for it to suck?Don't they learn Western players are not like Eastern?We hate grinds!That's why we play FPS.

PS:The swordman is probably queer.I mean,look at him walk!
    Dont you learn?
    Westerners do not like grinders?
    If so, why are so many publishers willing to create a localization for english/westerners?

It would be called research. You will find that your thought is in that of the minority. More and more westerners are playing these grinders everyday.

Now please, why dont you learn. Businesses do listen.

Also, your comparing FPS and RPG genre. Those are 2 different markets. Your mistake.
    Last edited by cyber7chink; 01-17-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 10

Whoa cyber you must like this game or you just like fixing people mistaks. Im with you all the way but i really dont understand the anime and cartoonish thingy what are you trying to say...i didnt say that in a bad way it was in a question

GO XBOX 360

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaznrice View Post
    Whoa cyber you must like this game or you just like fixing people mistaks. Im with you all the way but i really dont understand the anime and cartoonish thingy what are you trying to say...i didnt say that in a bad way it was in a question
    Suprisingly enough, I do like the game.

But, more or less, I try to give the proper facts. If I am wrong then I do make apologies. If its my opinion..... well, thats a critical subject. One of the grumpy tall korean guy kind.

About the anime and cartoon differences. Its something I learned when I actually knew what my career is going to be. I wanted to create full length animes and cartoons. Plus a bit of voice-over acting. Then I had kids. From that point on, I didnt know what I wanted, I just knew I wanted to learn. What I learn the most about? PC, MMO, and the gaming business..... and how to be a good father(still learning).

At least the voice-over acting I still get to do. They like my Patrick (from Spongebob), Cobra Commander, and preacher Kane voices a lot.

BUt, now? I sit at home, do my duties as a father and a husband, and read up on any type of MMO RPG out there. The publisher, the developer, the game mechanics (if possible), community, and anything else related to MMORPGs (minus the coding).

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317

i want to play this game but didn't got invited O.O well if any1 want a 2moons CB key just PM me cause i don't even bother playing the game (and if some1 doesnt play yulgan anymore pls let me play instead )

btw cyber you forgot to add Final fantasy :P ppl still play the old ones cause they don't like the new ones :3
    Last edited by Bad Hamster; 01-17-2007 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksin View Post
    btw cyber you forgot to add Final fantasy :P ppl still play the old ones cause they don't like the new ones :3
    I knew I forgot a few really important games.

Final Fantasy (I still have the original one along with a nintendo power strategy guide)
    Dragon Warriors
    Defender
    Breakout
    Dig-Dug
    Ka-boom
    Destiny of an Emperor

Hey Darksin,

Sorry, I didnt think of fishing for more keys when I got this one. TBH, I was just going to ignore this testing. I am glad I didnt. Next Monday they will be testing higher end material. Lvl 70 stuff I think. Before this time, they will release 10,000 more keys. Make sure to get one then.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    I knew I forgot a few really important games.

Final Fantasy (I still have the original one along with a nintendo power strategy guide)
    Dragon Warriors
    Defender
    Breakout
    Dig-Dug
    Ka-boom
    Destiny of an Emperor

Hey Darksin,

Sorry, I didnt think of fishing for more keys when I got this one. TBH, I was just going to ignore this testing. I am glad I didnt. Next Monday they will be testing higher end material. Lvl 70 stuff I think. Before this time, they will release 10,000 more keys. Make sure to get one then.

ow i will be sure to get 1 there also midnight club thats till played :P they have those i nthe game hall :P there are a few more games i have somewhere in my room but to lazy to find them so older games aren't always worser then newer games:P (wow my english really sux O.O)

Super Moderator Reputation: 208

Why is it that in almost every thread about a game that doesn't have gallons of blood spill out every time you attack theres always someone that goes "lol this game is 4 kiddys i mean look at teh grafics!!!"

Newsflash, bloody gorey colorful language doesn't make a game any better, you just think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    Why is it that in almost every thread about a game that doesn't have gallons of blood spill out every time you attack theres always someone that goes "lol this game is 4 kiddys i mean look at teh grafics!!!"

Newsflash, bloody gorey colorful language doesn't make a game any better, you just think it does.

And dont forget. Cartoons can have blood, gore, and violent language as well. Happy Tree Friends, Wren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, South Park, plus several more.

With that knowledge, 2Moons looks too childish for my taste. But in the end, the creation of 2Moons was testoterone driven.

but the cartoonie graphics makes it fun to play O.O

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Luisreyesxv View Post
    i understand its in beta, but im not *****ing about the bugs and stuff. its the

whole games so to speak. you start the game cold with no tutorial or anything

to help newbs. You cant really raise your dude's stats(u can only upgrade like

his crit rate defense rate and combo rate). And even when u put the game in its

highest graphical settings, it still doesnt look impressive(at least compared to

those pretty screenshots). Does anybody who played agree with me?

i gree with you...i dont like this game >_>

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Darksin View Post
    i want to play this game but didn't got invited O.O well if any1 want a 2moons CB key just PM me cause i don't even bother playing the game (and if some1 doesnt play yulgan anymore pls let me play instead )

PMed ya for the 2moon key. I still have 2 keys left.

Hate it or love it.