Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is it me or does scion of fate suck..

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

Quote Originally Posted by neothaka View Post
    yes, really awfull. i quit after 10 minutes. the game itself shouldn't be in beta for a LONG time. it's the most unfinished beta i've ever been in.
    second, the community, really, really, REALLY dispickable. it's filled with little kids.
    i managed to kill 5 monsters in those 10 minutes. i see 7 foxes, i run up to one of them. a moment later, some kiddie spearman runs after me and kills the wolf, instead of any of 6 remaining. then he does the same thing to the next wolf i target. afterwards, without me saying a word, he starts calling me a 'OMG noobz'.
    i'm sorry, this game is ruined even before it began.
    in 2Moons i have never been ks'ed so far, and the small community there currently is, is a good one. I can only say that the mature rating affects the community
    Ten minutes is not enough time to do anything in-game. Or else you'd notice a few things, like:

-The game is overpopulated, mobs are underpopulated. Chances are you will be KSed a lot. It's not your choice whether you will be.
    -Every game has an ******* in it. Even if it's beta. You've just had enough bad luck to run into one during your testing.
    -Mature rating has nothing to do with it. I'm 2 years below that rating and I'm still mature in-game. It has to do with personality. There are going to be adults with a present inner-child.

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33

Banned Reputation: 8

C7C, You're my hero now. No, I'm not joking.

Anyways, for everyone saying that this is a kiddy game, if this is a kiddy game, then almost every MMORPG i see nowadays is a kiddy game. The only really "non-kiddy" game would be 2moons. Which I'm downloading now btwe >_>

Anyways. As for the people complaining about the grind, it's really not that bad. Compare this to maplestory and it will seem like heaven.

For the people that just want to go ahead and say this game sucks, get a life and actually play the game before judging it I hate people who judge things off videos or screenshots.

Offtopic: Anyone know where the screenshots are stored? I can't find them T_T

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

In the game folder, the folder is called capture. Whats odd is its loaded with SS of the original version too, lol.

And why am I a hero?...... What must I do to prevent this again?

You're a hero because your owning all the little noobies ^_^

and cool, thanks i found it =P

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 32

This game doesn't catch my eye at all except for the graphics, the quests are pretty lame especially since quest drops are pretty hard to get from my view. Gameplay isn't soo great, I do like how you have combos, but I guess I grow bored of the whole "click and kill" I will not leave this game though I think it just needs time to be improved. Another thing is that there's a lot of bugs that need fixing lol.

Banned Reputation: 13

Is a tutorial even need anyways? I've never played before and I learned how to play in a pretty short time

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Having not played the game i'm still debating whether i should bother with this game at all. I'm not saying that this game is going to be bad or anything (god forbid CyberChink may whine at me if i were to say so) but from what people have been saying, it's little more than a 'point-click-kill-rinse and repeat game' such as is so many others.

Are the minor reviews right or is there anything else in this game to do other than click kill and repeat?
    Are the character types different enough to have decent PvP?
    Is there any use in being social and partying?
    Have they/will they implement job skills (fishing, mining, craft, etc...)

Though, i don't see why Cyber is making such a fuss out of this playlist thing. Surely it's easy enough to put WMP in the background to play you're albums right? It's what i did while playing SRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Satio View Post
    This game doesn't catch my eye at all except for the graphics, the quests are pretty lame especially since quest drops are pretty hard to get from my view. Gameplay isn't soo great, I do like how you have combos, but I guess I grow bored of the whole "click and kill" I will not leave this game though I think it just needs time to be improved. Another thing is that there's a lot of bugs that need fixing lol.
    I saw you ingame yelling at people to effin look at the guide / help menu o_0

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 16

dumb question to ask in a yulgang section.. it's like going to maplestory and asking if maplestory suck or is it just you.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinboyz View Post
    dumb question to ask in a yulgang section.. it's like going to maplestory and asking if maplestory suck or is it just you.
    Ofcause its a stupid question if you post it in the ms section. But yulgang is a new released english game, everybody has an opinion on it. Its just that theres more people that like sof more then there is haters. way more like 90%, more

and if you looked at the GnGs games
    trickster/nostale
    I remember one person who made a thread just like this, and most of the people agreed with him. it was boring, it was grindy and so on.
    But this game is different from GnG and other mmos, it just has that cosy feeling.

We will not let you piss on this game like you pissed on the other games

You meaning more then one person, its not directed to you kevinboyz

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 10

I know this is old but. .
    The game has cartoony anime graphics cause its from a Martial arts funny comic, or was it a normal comic. The whole game is based off the comic basicly, we don;t care though. WE LOVE IT CAUSE ITS UNIQUE! =D

"Unleash your inner bunny"

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 10

the thread starter finally got his answer..it was him that sucked not the game =)

Heads or Tails Reputation: 8

C7C you are so my hero now!(TrayDay you moved to slow >_>)
    Well i havent played the game but I'm so going to now.

And a game can not be judged within ten minutes of gameplay

I believe all people who act like jerks in games have had someone act like a jerk to them in game or irl so they feel they must get revenge by picking on t3h n00bs. Which is completely immature. And graphics to not determine gameplay but, I guess those who are so 1337 are too small minded to see pass that. And age does not determine maturity >_> . and btw noob is so old I say vagrant now! (FlyFF )

- Hey my title updated to pikachu's flea collar! To my profile!( runs away)

Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    I'm try-sexual, I'll try anything..melons,cars,trees,books...anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal&Milk View Post
    Put this shit back into your toilet, and pull something worth reading out of the box.

Banned Reputation: 10

Scions of Fate DOES suck. And I told you so.

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 35

So is there a free MMORPG that doesn't suck to you??

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu View Post
    Scions of Fate DOES suck. And I told you so.
    dude go drown in a sweat crack.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    And your point is?

Diablo 1 and 2 are old. Still played?

Runescape is old. Still played?

Ultima
    Lineage
    Everquest
    Ragnorok
    Silkroad
    Knights online

I can name quite a few games that are older than SoF and they are still being played as much as they were in their idle days.

Thanks for the spam though

Hopscotch
    Tag
    Hide-n-Seek
    Billiards
    Kickball
    Defender
    Pacman
    Pitfall
    Pong
    Frogger
    Doctor
    Operation
    Catch
    Baseball
    Football
    Paintball
    Lasertag
    MUDs
    Zelda
    Metroid
    Plus limitless more

Try again?

I guess u are missing my point

I'm simply expanding on what you said about Yulang

It's casual game
    It meant to be comical
    It's heavily party based
    Theres nothing much to do but grind through the maps with other grinders

Well you add all these ingredients up you get an interactive messenger.

You party with a group, relax with the toonish graphics, play your own music, click auto attack, turn on auto potion, auto pick up, put ur avatar in one spot and then chat away with a comprehensive emote feature. I dont see any gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTY View Post
    Ahh.. the typical 2moon fanboy with his witty comments. Please wipe off your fanboysauce off of your cheeks.

Damn Cyber, you killed them in this thread. Enough said.
    lol another lil kid who has nothing to say on his own but backup behind someone else.

im not a 2moon fanboi, its just that both games are being released around the same time as well as both being f2p.

I'm giving you guys a real alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaznrice View Post
    Whoa cyber you must like this game or you just like fixing people mistaks. Im with you all the way but i really dont understand the anime and cartoonish thingy what are you trying to say...i didnt say that in a bad way it was in a question
    Precisely demontrates my point that the game is made for lil kids. Anything with some theoretical depth will cause confusion to an immature mind.
    Last edited by buddhabeads; 01-18-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Wow dude, all I can say is stop being a ass to C7C and gtfo o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Associated View Post
    You're a hero because your owning all the little noobies ^_^

and cool, thanks i found it =P
    lol
    i guess ur in the same vein as most defenders of Yulang. Kid's who really can't think for themselves. Have an opinion of own.

Quote Originally Posted by Associated View Post
    Wow dude, all I can say is stop being a ass to C7C and gtfo o_0

im not being an ass to C7C

im having a proper discussion.

He missed my point so i am eleborating.
    Last edited by buddhabeads; 01-18-2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Quote Originally Posted by buddhabeads View Post
    I guess u are missing my point

I'm simply expanding on what you said about Yulang

It's casual game
    It meant to be comical
    It's heavily party based
    Theres nothing much to do but grind through the maps with other grinders

Well you add all these ingredients up you get an interactive messenger.

You party with a group, relax with the toonish graphics, play your own music, click auto attack, turn on auto potion, auto pick up, put ur avatar in one spot and then chat away with a comprehensive emote feature. I dont see any gameplay

lol another lil kid who has nothing to say on his own but backup behind someone else.

im not a 2moon fanboi, its just that both games are being released around the same time as well as both being f2p.

I'm giving you guys a real alternative.

Precisely demontrates my point that the game is made for lil kids. This guy didn't get the whole cartoon/anime dichotomy. Oh well kids will be kids.

Theres a auto pot feature in this game because I havent found it?? Anyway graphics dont determine if the game was made for kids or not... Maybe they wanted to make a game all ages could enjoy and not just made toward one age group... For example the game "Zelda: The Wind Waker" for gamecube has cartoony graphics and lots of adults play it a long with other zelda games...

Anyway since this is a party type game where you need healers I don't see why they would add a auto pot feature since that would make healers useless... Also you almost explained every free MMORPG with the bolded text in your quote above... Only difference is instead of them using a in game music player they use a independent music player in the background and the graphics might be different

Quote Originally Posted by mixedguy206 View Post
    Theres a auto pot feature in this game because I havent found it?? Anyway graphics dont determine if the game was made for kids or not... Maybe they wanted to make a game all ages could enjoy and not just made toward one age group... For example the game "Zelda: The Wind Waker" for gamecube has cartoony graphics and lots of adults play it a long with other zelda games...

Anyway since this is a party type game where you need healers I don't see why they would add a auto pot feature since that would make healers useless... Also you almost explained every free MMORPG with the bolded text in your quote above... Only difference is instead of them using a in game music player they use a independent music player in the background and the graphics might be different

well if u think i just explained every free MMORPG with the bolded text in your quote above... perhaps you haven't played that many.

SRO --- you have the whole triangular conflict system
    Space cowboys --- fraction vs fraction
    Risk Your Life --- Race vs Race
    KAL --- Castle seige
    Knights OL --- Castle seige

(should i go on)

well if u think i just explained every free MMORPG with the bolded text in your quote above... perhaps you haven't played that many.

KAL --- Castle seige

(should i go on)

SRO - Auto pot feature, Custom music with independent player, Auto Attack and can chat... Has some nice features but you will still go back to the same grind at the end...

Space Cowboy - not a mmorpg

RYL - Never played it but Yulgang has wars between Dark and Light clans

Kal - Seige wars are basically just PVP with different rules and extra stuff added into the role... Yulgang has a war system where you try to kill everyone on the opposite clan and you get special drops when you kill them... Also while your doing that you must crush the other clans statue that they protect... Which is Faction wars right?

Knight Online - See above

All of them besides maybe RYL have point and click auto attacks with pot spaming while people chat a lot....

http://fate.netgame.com/g_system/system_ep_09.php
    SOF faction wars^^^
    Last edited by mixedguy206; 01-18-2007 at 12:08 PM.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Actually a lot of changes can be made after beta.. ^^ But if you hate the chars / graphs / game system, well, too bad for ya.

Banned Reputation: 12

KAL --- Castle seige

(should i go on)
    Shadowbane ~ All of them.

Baby Bowsers Soiled Diaper Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Luisreyesxv View Post
    i understand its in beta, but im not *****ing about the bugs and stuff. its the

whole games so to speak. you start the game cold with no tutorial or anything

to help newbs. You cant really raise your dude's stats(u can only upgrade like

his crit rate defense rate and combo rate). And even when u put the game in its

highest graphical settings, it still doesnt look impressive(at least compared to

those pretty screenshots). Does anybody who played agree with me?
    Hmmm... Apparently your either dead blind or dead stupid. The stats are AUTO ADDED. That way idiotic childish things such as "OMFGWTFBBQ!!!! I ADDED ONE MORE STAT TO STR!!! I P00N YOUR ARSE!" to happen. The things that DO matter and depends on your play style are your abilities, in other words the things you DO add. Well, the tutorial IS there. Your just so god damn mother f**king lazy to look on the site or forum. If you'd ask someone who HAS played the foreign yulgang you would progress MUCH faster than b*t*hing around as you are right now. Graphics aren't everything kid. If your one for graphics then I advise you to get a PS3 and buy some RPG's so you can start jacking off of the graphics.