Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: is it me or does scion of fate suck..

Wand of !!!!!!11!!! Power Reputation: 10

ppl that think this game is "kiddy-land" is pretty mentally retarded....seriously i mean do they think playing ping pong is for kids? like "omg ping pong is for kids..everytime i hit the ball blood doesn't come out"

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 15
    ..::New York City::.. <3s Consumed: 7,773,325 Status: licking my hair~ :3 Gender: i'm a girl.

hehe, it actually looks cute when it's night~ everything glows around you <3 and it's not grindy at all.
    when you first start the game, make sure you start at frogs.
    they're easy to attk, low atk/def and best of all, they're lvl 4 so they give more exp then the avg bobcats give you.
    the thing that annoys me, though, is the lack of friendship implementation.
    i hate it when i leave and the next day, i have to wait and bump into the person in order to party them.
    also, the whisper function isn't working for me (or perhaps i just don't know how to use it)~

healers are fun though. frantic in parties because of agressive mobs chasing me about, but fun nonetheless <33

LaTale ; Iris [Knuckle Knight] kimmii
    ~ ai rabu joo. <3 ~
    ..:: 배고파요 ::..

kimjee: joined on Aug 12th 2005
    waiting for (in english): Ragnarok Online II, Datang Online, Priston Tale II, Latale~

'08~

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    hehe, it actually looks cute when it's night~ everything glows around you <3 and it's not grindy at all.
    when you first start the game, make sure you start at frogs.
    they're easy to attk, low atk/def and best of all, they're lvl 4 so they give more exp then the avg bobcats give you.
    the thing that annoys me, though, is the lack of friendship implementation.
    i hate it when i leave and the next day, i have to wait and bump into the person in order to party them.
    also, the whisper function isn't working for me (or perhaps i just don't know how to use it)~

healers are fun though. frantic in parties because of agressive mobs chasing me about, but fun nonetheless <33
    There are several functions in Scions of Fate that you have to "unlock". So far the only "unlocking" there is to be done is when you reach lvl XX.

Right now, whisper and several other features cannot be used till lvl 25. Shout is one of those other chat features. If I remembered correctly, you cannot use the frineds list till lvl 20.

Its somewhat annoying, but it really helps. You feel determined to get to these levels. Just like getting to lvl 10 so you can party.

There are a lot of things you can unlock as well. I know that some emotes are unlocked when you reach a certain level, but I do not know what level it is ATM.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by cyber7chink View Post
    There are several functions in Scions of Fate that you have to "unlock". So far the only "unlocking" there is to be done is when you reach lvl XX.

Right now, whisper and several other features cannot be used till lvl 25. Shout is one of those other chat features. If I remembered correctly, you cannot use the frineds list till lvl 20.

Its somewhat annoying, but it really helps. You feel determined to get to these levels. Just like getting to lvl 10 so you can party.

There are a lot of things you can unlock as well. I know that some emotes are unlocked when you reach a certain level, but I do not know what level it is ATM.
    I understand you need to be lvl xx to be able to shout, we dont want lvl 1's spamming. But to whisper my god thats just absurd
    Lvl 25 to whisper....your gotta be kidding
    They forced you to grind. o well...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167

Quote Originally Posted by shadow__6 View Post
    I understand you need to be lvl xx to be able to shout, we dont want lvl 1's spamming. But to whisper my god thats just absurd
    Lvl 25 to whisper....your gotta be kidding
    They forced you to grind. o well...

No matter what you do, to advance in a MMORPG you have to grind.
    Your force to grind when you do a quest.
    You are forced to grind to get to your next job change.
    Your forced to grind to be better in PvP.

So whats new? Nothing. TBH, I would rather grind for features I would like to have than some a crappy or average quest.

So, honestly, what are you trying to tell us? Hmmmmm, maybe you are just repeating whats already known. Every MMO forces you to do something to get what you want.

OMFG, thats cruel, they should just auto level you to 500 and deem you PvP PWNZ0R. Now that would make for a great game...........

42 Reputation: 26

I must admit I'm very picky when it comes to F2P MMOs and so far I'm enjoying SoF (Lv23 Spearman). I played the latest popular titles and got bored in no time (Trickster, Voyage Century, 9Dragons, 2Moons...)

I agree with cyber7chink, it's nice to have little goals to help you grind, and the fact you only get 1 (meaningful) quest every 2~3 levels (giving really nice rewards). God I hated the quests-fest in Cabal Online, too many quests, running around town > quest spot was worst than plain grind.

The graphics are decent if you put everything on max (including glow), better than most F2P MMOs if you are into Chibi/Super Deformed design (<3).