2d mmorpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default 2d mmorpg

Go to http://www.capture.4t.com its a great 2d mmorpg.

Right now we are currently looking for moderators on capture.

The screenshots on the website arent acurate because we have updated the whole game.

We recently added player housing and are going to add mining and fishing in the near future.

Sorry to the people who like to pk but there arent any places to pk yet.

This game will be updated very often if not every day so that means more maps to explore, more skills to train, and more items to use.

Im sorry if the website looks like crap we haven't updated it yet but we need to work on it.
    Last edited by Derlith; 01-23-2007 at 03:10 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 125

looks like a NES game. pretty cool but doesnt seem like something that great compred to all games even tho its easy to run.

Default .

The screen shots on the website arent acurate, we have been updating the game and it looks alot better now.

We need to update the website with a better layout and update the screenshots.

We will get to that eventually.

If you get runtime error 53 when you try to play the game its because your operating system doesnt support the new tiles we used to update the game with. Most windows 98-me operating systems dont support them.
    Last edited by Derlith; 01-23-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Firor's Fury Reputation: 100

Before I try this I would like to know one thing.

What is the difference between this and every other PW game? I've seen hundreds of these and most of them either end up getting abandoned or suck so bad that nobody plays. If you are going to get a decent fanbase at all, you are really going to need what you are doing. Also, the premade sprites make it look really half-assed.

No offence or anything, I think PW is great for people who like easy going games, but I just dont see what is so different about this one.

When we started making the game we abandoned it but now it is up for good. The server may crash sometimes but will be back up shortly. I am basically the person who makes the game so if you see anything wrong with it then tell me. My friend Criptin he runs the server and he sets up the website.

Back when the game was just being developed we had 20 players but then we shut the game down. We want to run the game again and cant do it if nobody plays...

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 57

a crew of 2 people sounds hardly sufficient to create a game that can be at the level of game company games such as EST soft and CABAL, Maiet and GunZ, Netgame and SoF. I suggest recruiting people that understand this kind of stuff to help you with your project. Also, you should think of some sort of revolutionary idea that sets your 2D apart from all others out there. Maple story's theme is the bash and kill like no other. DragonGem's theme is to do quests like a mad ***** and have nice easy going training. Ghost Soul's theme is to suck up souls for upgrading, follow the dark or light path, have pvps and guild wars, and have very unique skills. If you ask me you should add a very very unique feature that is unseen in other games, like, perhaps the first 2D ever to have hover cars to travel around in, or to have exotic maps that differ from the generic "get on a platform and kill for 2 hours", like making a Link style terrain. Have a desert where there's sand pits and booby traps and mosnters springing from the ground, a forest that boasts a fun maze in the center leading to a special high level dungeon with awesome items and spawn and monsters, a plain area that's more like the beginner's zone and is more standard so that people don't get screwed over by features they've never seen before. ANYTHING that's different, make your game "THE game to play". Personally, i suggest you do a final fantasy tactics advanced style: let the players interchange between jobs and have automatic stats that build in the proper path for that job. An assassin goes to train in a high level zone, but he lacks the defensive power to last. let him be able to change into a warrior, and as long as he has the proper gear, he can do this change effectively. A fire mage fights in the desert where fire is ineffective. Let this mage be able to change into an ice mage or an archer or ANYTHING to make it easier for him/her to level.

But honestly, don't just improve the graphics and display, IMPROVE THE GAMEPLAY AND UNIQUENESS OF YOUR GAME! GRAPHICS AND WEBSITE CONSTRUCTION ARE JUST THE SHINY GOLD BINDINGS ON A TREASURE CHEST: WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS WHAT'S INSIDE THAT CHEST, THE HEART OF A GAME, IT'S GAMEPLAY!!

Slogan created by Kai and Me

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Duo View Post
    GRAPHICS AND WEBSITE CONSTRUCTION ARE JUST THE SHINY GOLD BINDINGS ON A TREASURE CHEST: WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS WHAT'S INSIDE THAT CHEST, THE HEART OF A GAME, IT'S GAMEPLAY!!
    So true...
    ~Reality Is The Worst Thing In The World~
    Games Playing: Tantra Online
    Games Waiting: Cabal Online , TS Online

my game isnt a 2d game that has a ton of graphics, it isnt a game with alot of quests but it is a fun game. The game is like the old final fantasy games. Just try the game if you dont like it you can delete it.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

looks 2d to me.. well.. good luck on ur game.
    ~Reality Is The Worst Thing In The World~
    Games Playing: Tantra Online
    Games Waiting: Cabal Online , TS Online

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Derlith View Post
    my game isnt a 2d game that has a ton of graphics, it isnt a game with alot of quests but it is a fun game. The game is like the old final fantasy games. Just try the game if you dont like it you can delete it.
    The thing is.. Final Fantasy isn't much without the huge quest and plot twists and general story. Without that final fantasy isn't really anything. You can't really achieve the same thing sense it is online.

Have you done anything to the game? I'm assuming that you are using a Mirage based engine, if so then have you done anything like add features? or is this simply no different then the rest of these Mirage based engine games?

Either way, good luck with that.
    Games & IGN
    Wurm Online Leviathan
    FFTA2
    Last updated May 31 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast