Ultionis Online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 11

Default Ultionis Online

orignally posted by Jolt

Project name:
    Ultionis Online

Notes:
    Ultionis is a Free-To-Play MMORPG with a unique battle system.

Story:
    Just over 12 aeons ago, a remarkable and legendary battle took place between the dark forces of Ragnarok and a warrior called Tiell who fought them single-handedly. The battle raged on for 2 full days, every Ragnarok soldier was slain and the commander of the Ragnarok forces was annihilated. However, Tiell was never seen again. Now, every year, every inhabitant of the world of Ultionis celebrates Tiell's victory over the dark forces of Ragnarok.
    However, the forces of Ragnarok have returned and it is your duty to eradicate them forever. Travel the vast realms of Ultionis, fight off the forces of Ragnarok and become the legendary warrior that Tiell once was. This is your quest...

Welcome to Ultionis; where your strength is limited only by your imagination.

Classes and their regions:
    Saragu
    The Saragu tribe is the toughest tribe out of the three. They are strong, resilient, and they know how to wield any melee weapon with fearsome efficiency. They can also master with shields, which makes the Saragu very difficult to overcome in battle. They are always found at the front of the battle field fighting the most feirce of enemys. When travelling, the Saragu mainly protect the other team members in the group.
    Although, the Saragu do have a weakness. Its their lack of ability to learn magic. Even though they can use magic, it is very simple. Such as lite healing, so they reliy on the Aerken or Obsidians to heal them durin battle. They also lack the ability to use long-ranged weapons, giving them the disadvantage when outnumbered and having to flee.
    Due to that, the Saragu are the most trustworthy fighters on the field.

Region:
    Aeyru:
    Aeyru, one of the most popular of realms because of its dazzling beaches and warm sun. Aeyru is the home realm to the Saragu tribe. Due to this, there is a massive Arena built right in the center of Aeyru, where the best of the best of Ultionis fight for glory.

---------------------------------

Obsidians
    Obsidians are also highly gifted melee fighters. They can also ware a good amount of melee weapons and can master combat with shields. But their main skill is the ability to attack from a distance. The Obsidian's accuracy is unbelieveable, they can hit a bullseye from a long, long way back. It could be simple rock throwing to firing a crossbow. With a nice distance away from the enemy, the Obsidians could possible kill an enemy two times their own striengh. But there is more; Obsidians can use a fairly wide range of magic to aid themself and others in battle. The Obsidians can be firing cross bow bolts and casting fire is a rather scary sight.
    Obsidians are great to play with if your a starter.

Region
    Salkar:
    Salkar, one of the hardest realms to survive in, with its strong foes. Although Salkar is a great attraction to highly trained Travlers, due to its great hunting spots and rare treasures. Salkar is the home realm to the Obsidians tribe.

Aerken
    The Aerkens mainly focus on magic, and require a huge amount of patients and time to build up the striengh and wisdom due to the way they have hardly any skill with weapons. But when their magic ability is ready, they can be the most deadly of all tribes, but most reliable on the field. Many tribes look up to the Aerken as they also look after the other team members durin battle. They can Heal, Anti(Revive) and attack with their mighty magic.
    High-level Aerkens could proberly take down the most fierce of monsters that many others fear.
    Although; the Aerken is a hard tribe to play in and if you a starter, you should play as the Saragu or Obsidians. But if its casting Instant death spells over monsters you want, with the Aerkens, thats what you will get!

Region:
    Eavaen
    Eavaen is a magical place. It is always snowing and has that magic aura in the air. Eavaen is the home realm to the Aerken tribe. The towns and citys are made out of crystal and caves are tinted with ice. This beautiful scene attracts many others to Eavaen. It is also said that you heal quicker withing these boarders of the crystal.

Notes:
    Every tribe has its own class tree, which the player may chose. Different classes leeds the player down different paths. The way of Ragnarok or the path of Tiell. You decide. There will also be Region wars.

Features planned to be added:
    Unique battle-system
    3D Anime-like graphics
    Horseback riding/fighting
    Guilds & Guild wars

FAQ
    What coding language are we using?
    Full hard C++

How much experience do you have with this coding language?
    We have about 6 months of C++ experience, over 2 years of the C++ syntax with similar languages.

Are you using a game creator? If yes, what one?
    Nope, were fully coding the game from scratch.

What makes your battle system "Unique"?
    Well, we have a battle system that involves skill and strategy. You will use your mouse buttons to attack and guard and the WSAD to move around the game. You can also switch between your sword and bow for more effective fighting with the click of a single button (or mouse wheel). We are also hoping to add the element of wind to the game so you have to aim your bow according to the wind strength.
    Were thinking the same with magic. You will have to aim where you wish to cast the spell. Wind will also affect magic, depending on its type. If the spell is launched (e.g fireball) it will be effected, if it is not launched (e.g lightning) it will not be effected.

What? No screenshots yet? Whats going on?
    The game is in very early development, so we cant post any screenshots yet. If I could, I would.

Website?
    Were coding that too... so its still not finished at this point.

Thats the main over-view of the game. Sorry about the lack of screenshots, but this game is in VERY early development, and we are not able to post them at this time. The website will be finished very soon, so I will update this with the site later on.

Heres the forums:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Ultionis_...php?act=SC&c=1

Note: This forum and Game is under heavy development. Plez post suggestions that would be vital to Ultionis Online.
    Last edited by Alucard; 05-19-2006 at 03:50 AM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

:eek: 6 months of c++ exp and your coding a massive Multiplayer good luck,

What are you using to render? Are you writing your own 3D engine or using a premade one, I suggest premade so you dont have to maintain it...

How are you going to deal with the latency and real time aiming combat?

If I create a character, can I log onto all the servers with it (like FlyFF or RS)or is it one server per character like WoW?

Do you know how your death system will work?

What kind of currency will the game have?

Will armour be degradable?

Do you have any "Money Sinks" planned?

The story sounds cool! I'd love to see the game developed!
    Legends of Alterion - Under Development

toast lands butter down, cats land on their feet, what happens when u strap toast to a cat?.....
    Math indicates they will hover in quatom indecision...(yet to be tested)

Well currently Thats all I know for now. Because I was just introduce to this Mmorpg yesterday and was asked to post information about the game. Just to let everyone know that this game is like 6% done, but I will keep everyone up to date on the game.

Tocs1001, Thanks for giving us some ideas for the game.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Angry

crappy crapity crap. another fantasy mmo. why not somthing different?!:mad:

Quote Originally Posted by zamorak
    What! We can create whatever Game we like and however we like. At least we are trying to create a game that everyone would enjoy. Anyways it is going to be diffrent :mad:

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by zamorak
    Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. I suggest if you have nothing nice to say, kindly say nothing at all.
    Gauntlets of Recursion (+5) - My game development journal.

Dante’s Inferno Reputation: 10

I wish the best of luck on the creation of this interesting game! I hope it goes smoothly for you.
    You never know how precious someone is till they are gone...
    Past Post Count: 457
    Day Started:Apr 25, 2004

Currently Playing:
    Free Realms (PS3)
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    IGN: Tsukasa Tantalus (Cornelia)
    Aion
    IGN: Tsukasai (Israphel)

Thank you HopeDagger and f3191

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Hello. I'm Jolt, the maker of the game.
    Here are answers to most of your questions:

Are you writing your own 3D engine or using a premade one
    Were writing our own.

If I create a character, can I log onto all the servers with it (like FlyFF or RS)or is it one server per character like WoW?
    Yes, we are planning on letting characters use their character on multiple servers.

Do you know how your death system will work?
    We havn't decided yet. Obviously the game is in very early development. Although, discussing this, we do not want to make the death system to be to harsh. Maybe a loss of EXP and maybe now and then a loss of items. (Not too many though)

What kind of currency will the game have?
    The nice traditional "GP" or "Gold". We are also planning on having the currency like the game "Tibia". 100 Gold = 1 platinum... ect.

Will armour be degradable?
    As i said in a couple of questions. The game is in very early development and we are currently not sure about these certain features. Later on in development we will let you know.

Any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone else's comments. We really do appreciate it.
    I will try to keep you all updated as much as possible.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

wow dis game sounds so kool cant wait till its done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast