Im in a bad situation here...(Activation key?)

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Im in a bad situation here...(Activation key?)

ok well, I purchased a NEW copy of guildwars online threw "newegg.com", Everythings fine, I have the recipe, order number, tracking info for the product, I have the box right infront of me, Now where is the activation key? I cant find it...There is a booklet but it gives you a 14 day trial of guild wars (dont know what thats about), Can anyone help me? I just remember that I THINK, That i opened it way before I went to install it, and there was a paper inside a paper, with the key in there, Not sure if thats how the key comes from, and maybe i threw it away (since I got about $3000 worth of items all in one day lol), Im going to be pissed off if i find out i cant play it even thoe i have a new copy right infront of me, I did contact them and they said to buy a new key...wow...

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Open up the CD Case. My copy had it on the inside front cover. The piece of paper that shows the graphic for the front of the CD Plastic Case has it on the reverse side. So when you open the CD Case and are looking at the disc, there should be a silver bar on your left. Scratch it off (be a bit careful). Give it a wipe too, because sometimes it looks like you smudged the numbers, it's just crap you wipe off. Voila, there's your key.

At least it was in my edition. I got it through a game supplier on TradeMe (Virtually the same as getting it off the shelf).

Ehh? Well it seems i have Guildwars Game of the year edition, It doesnt come in a jewel case, Its just a case with the 2 discs , Manuscript thing, quick refrence card, ect.. Wow they should of put the cd key behind the manual like other games...

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 10

In the jewel case where CD-1 and CD-2 is found there should be a paper saying "Inside this contains the Cd-Key, Open it and scatch out the silver part to find your key." Its a white paper with 2 sides blank except that text, tear it out and inside you'll find ANOTHER paper, scratch it and you'll find it.
    Current

Quote Originally Posted by kfckaykay
    In the jewel case where CD-1 and CD-2 is found there should be a paper saying "Inside this contains the Cd-Key, Open it and scatch out the silver part to find your key." Its a white paper with 2 sides blank except that text, tear it out and inside you'll find ANOTHER paper, scratch it and you'll find it.
    I knew it, I think I threw it away :eek: , Meh I guess I wont play guildwars then, $50 lost...Maybe Ill play the trial I guess then stop and play another game (Inside the case there is a small booklet with trial codes for some other games, including guild wars) Oh well, To bad I cant play, I dont think you can return open software , Bye

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 10

Search your rubbish bin. Contact your rubbish contractor.
    Current

Quote Originally Posted by kfckaykay
    Search your rubbish bin. Contact your rubbish contractor.
    lol, That trash is long gone, no way im going to look in the trash for $50 dollars, Maybe if it was in the dumpster lol but they trash collecters came early morning yesterday.

Oh yes! lol, My luck as changed, I was looking for my antivirus software, and bam, theres my guildwars activation key, YAY!, I can play now, hehe, cant wait

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 12

theres a edit button no need to double post and congrats for finding ur key