Quick warning to any considering playing this..

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Default Quick warning to any considering playing this..

This is a LineageII (referred to as L2 from now on) clone. From my newbie immpressions it works like this:

-3 types of humans (dark, light, nature) 3 class types but each race version is slightly different.

-decent amount of skills per class.

-everyone has a pet(s) but the monster types you can train are very limited. Everyone has access to a mount.

-at newbie levels there are tons of quests I can't comment beyond newbie lvl's but its a pretty solid amount of questing for a free mmo for newbs. Bear in mind I doubt there is anying but fedex and kill quests but still its brainless on-rails quest lvl'ing at least to exp L20

-point and click movement (weak but common)

-damage increasing consumable spamming (ala L2) is sort of annoying.

-hotkeys auto-linked to F keys (stupid)

-two types of exp (Job and Level) again ala L2 but you spend job xp to raise skills

-pvp server and 3-4 non pvp servers, how the pvp system works unfortunately wasn't super clear to me.

-typical player run store slums in towns

-heavy reuse of monster gfx w/ new skins

-almost no character customization at creation or via equipment looks but the characters look good in the stylized L2 way, there is nothing as hawt as the L2 Dark Elves though.

-chat interface is far from intuitive and feels clunky, UI is same old same old.

-basically this game's grind is a bit less painful, but just a mindless but its free and L2 isn't (altho u can get 45 days for $10 right now). But at least Rappelz is fairly newbie friendly which L2 is not having a very established player base.
    "Action" f2p hall of fame:
    -Infinity
    -ATC-Raycrash
    -Gunz
    -Gunbound

Playing currently -- No mmo's // rpg's; Mostly Team Fortress 2

Recently Retired --
    Rumble Fighter: Hoax L2X Striker

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hoax View Post
    This is a LineageII (referred to as L2 from now on) clone. From my newbie immpressions it works like this:

-3 types of humans (dark, light, nature) 3 class types but each race version is slightly different.

-everyone has a pet(s) but the monster types you can train are very limited. Everyone has access to a mount.

-at newbie levels there are tons of quests I can't comment beyond newbie lvl's but its a pretty solid amount of questing for a free mmo for newbs. Bear in mind I doubt there is anying but fedex and kill quests but still its brainless on-rails quest lvl'ing at least to exp L20

-two types of exp (Job and Level) again ala L2 but you spend job xp to raise skills

-pvp server and 3-4 non pvp servers, how the pvp system works unfortunately wasn't super clear to me.

-almost no character customization at creation or via equipment looks but the characters look good in the stylized L2 way, there is nothing as hawt as the L2 Dark Elves though.

-chat interface is far from intuitive and feels clunky, UI is same old same old.

-basically this game's grind is a bit less painful, but just a mindless but its free and L2 isn't (altho u can get 45 days for $10 right now). But at least Rappelz is fairly newbie friendly which L2 is not having a very established player base.
    very nice hope seeing more like this
    Last edited by cheers4game; 05-17-2007 at 05:06 AM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Exclamation Epics

Rappelz is soon to be going to Epic4... currently in BETA

You may want to change those warning once E4 comes
    Last edited by eat the yummy cheese; 06-16-2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: umm for no reason at all.... lol

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Hoax View Post

alt of what you said is true although ive enevr played lineage but there are something s that arent true about that the creatures arent limted you need to find the other cards or buy them from another player there lots of creatures though, there is no nature race the gaia or humans are mix of the dark and light, but yeah pretty much your right about the rest