not sure if comp can take a WoE

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 44

Default not sure if comp can take a WoE

as the title states im just wondering. I know it will always have lag but I just want to will it be a (dealing with lag) not a almost impossible to play lag. Thanks sys is listed below

512 ram
    256 ddr Video Card(Radeion 9250) ITS THE ONLY CARD IN MY COMP
    windows xp
    Reading:
    The Divine Comedy
    The Tempest
    Hamlet

O human race born to fly upward, wherefore at a little wind dost thou fall.
    Dante Alighieri

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I very much doubt that your computer could easily handle a War of Emperium. You won't freeze up or anything, but expect a considerable amount of lag, providing you can even get IN to the territory you're invading. (I mean, come on. Wizards usually bomb the entrance with spammed AoE spells...) So yeah...

Upgrading your computer would be a substantial help, especially with the RAM. Upgrading your graphics card wouldn't help as much, though...

... don't know what your processor is, so I can't say anything on that. If it's above 2.0 GHz then you're fine. If you have a Duo Core at 3.9 GHz or less then you're screwed for WoE.

(Reason being that the Duo cores can't seem to work well together on the same task - so games only get to work with half of the processor. Go figure. Duos suck for us gamers.)

Online Phantom Reputation: 228

Quote Originally Posted by Necronax View Post
    as the title states im just wondering. I know it will always have lag but I just want to will it be a (dealing with lag) not a almost impossible to play lag. Thanks sys is listed below

512 ram
    256 ddr Video Card(Radeion 9250) ITS THE ONLY CARD IN MY COMP
    windows xp
    Yes you can~ WIth a good internet connection, I'm sure your com can handle it. My com is of lousier specs, but only lags a tiny bit during WOE.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by rogueoftime View Post
    I very much doubt that your computer could easily handle a War of Emperium. You won't freeze up or anything, but expect a considerable amount of lag, providing you can even get IN to the territory you're invading. (I mean, come on. Wizards usually bomb the entrance with spammed AoE spells...) So yeah...

Upgrading your computer would be a substantial help, especially with the RAM. Upgrading your graphics card wouldn't help as much, though...

... don't know what your processor is, so I can't say anything on that. If it's above 2.0 GHz then you're fine. If you have a Duo Core at 3.9 GHz or less then you're screwed for WoE.

(Reason being that the Duo cores can't seem to work well together on the same task - so games only get to work with half of the processor. Go figure. Duos suck for us gamers.)

so you say cause my comp has a dual core thats why playing games for me suck :P thats actually wrong i geus most of the time the lag is because of the connection ppl with LAN 56.0 Mbps doesnt really have a good LAN connection i geus >.>

Keyboard Warrior Reputation: 193

Not very good, you could handle some of the less populated areas I think.. WoE is really a very messy thing lol, like every tile is taken by someone.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueoftime View Post
    providing you can even get IN to the territory you're invading. (I mean, come on. Wizards usually bomb the entrance with spammed AoE spells...)
    On the official servers you get a few seconds of invulnerability when you go into a different area, so unless they have a trapper Sniper with them, your party can just get a Sniper and WindWalk through them.

Everytime I post, I think Murph is about to BROFIST me. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

turn off your effects if its turned on it will help

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 44

what if I were to turn setting to the lowest point possible then would it be able to BTW I have a good connection comcast
    Reading:
    The Divine Comedy
    The Tempest
    Hamlet

O human race born to fly upward, wherefore at a little wind dost thou fall.
    Dante Alighieri

Banned Reputation: 10

Pre-RO Requires Ragnarok Client 0103.exe OR ABOVE TO PLAY

www.pre-ro.net !! Join TODAY!

Full Ninja, Homonculus, Gunslinger working

Server Info:
    Our server is hosted by S4S Dedicated Hosting. They provide us with the following:
    - Pentium D 940 Dual Core 3.2GHZ X2
    - 2GB ECC 667 DDR RAM
    - 10Mbps Full Duplex Upload/Download
    - 160 GB SATA

Ragnarok Server Info:
    Our Ragnarok Server is hosted with eathena SQL with the following mods:
    - Custom NPC at PreTown (Custom Map)
    - 45 Player Commands including @homtalk, @go, @storage, @autoloot ...
    - Minimal Spell Cast Delay and After Cast Delay
    - Minimal Skills Delay
    - 150% of normal mob rates
    - Customized items including wings, custom donator cards
    - PVP Ladder system including ranks
    - Low-Latency
    - Friendly Community
    - HP Rate: 120x , SP Rate: 120x
    - Hom fully working
    - Pets fully battle functionable
    - PVP server on all field maps
    - Any many many more for you to find out...

[size=15]Server Rates for Ultimate:
    Our rates are:
    - 6000x Base
    - 6000x Job
    - 100x Items (0.25% Drop rate for all cards)

Server Rates for Extreme:
    Our rates are:
    - 50000x Base
    - 50000x Job
    - 10000x Items (100% Drop rate for all cards) (0.10% for MVP Cards)

Server Rates:
    Lottery NPC can be found easily in PreTown. It is located next to the shifty assassin. Lottery NPC allows you to buy one ticket for a draw. These draws happen daily. You will have to win 3 numbers or above for a prize. These prizes include 150,000,000 Zeny for 3 or more numbers OR 500,000,000,000 zeny for all 6 numbers. Prizes are given out in coins.

Poring Events:
    Monday to Friday. Poring events happen in Gonryun (@go 11). They happen up to 4 times a day, random hours and sometimes consecutive. Porings will spawn all over the map and they each contain from a minimum of 1 zeny to a maximum of 1,000,000 zeny. One of these porings have a special prize which may be a donation card, item or up to 500 million zeny.

DB Events:
    Monday to Friday. Events happen in different maps which will be announced. GMS will continously spawn 400 Dead Branches, and 100 Bloody Dead Branches. Cards are your too keep, and the levels also.

PVM Events:
    Monday - Fridays. Extremely tough monsters are spawn inside a chosen area. Players up to a maximum of 30 people may participate over a first come first server basis. You will be warped by a event portal to a map filled with monsters. Players who die can NOT be resurrected and use of items are blocked. Harder monsters will spawn each time over a wave of up to 20. Last standing man wins. Prizes given out can be either zeny in coins, free upgrades to +10 for accessories, or donation items.

PVP Events:
    Saterdays. There are two types of PVP events. One is a free for all, where you as a player will be warped into a small pvp box, and fight with the rest of the people. Last standing person wins for this event.
    The second type of event, is the one vs one pvp event. A administrator or a GM will host this event and host 1 v 1 events for a number of up to 20 players. There will be a maximum of up to 3 winners. The prizes for these events include 3 free upgrades of any weapon/armor/headgear to +10. Bonus prizes includes MVP cards and donation items.

GVG Maps:
    We have made Prontera, Payon, Morroc, Aldebaran, Geffen full time GVG Maps. We have also nerfed the skills for GVG Maps. You damage less than normal.

War Of Emperium:
    The WoE times are Saterday to Sunday Full Day. WoE is not only Guild Vs Guild, but we decided to give donator cards to all guild members in a particular guild who owns the most castles in game. If your guild has 64 members, we will give out Level 1 Donation Cards to all 64 members ONLY if you own the most castles out of all of them. We give out once a week and the day which this counts is Sunday.

Both Ultimate and Extreme GVG and WoE Settings are the same

[ Edited Tue Mar 27 2007, 106PM ]