TY for the vote of support, vash.

Yes, It is much easier to solo in the game now. From the start of the game, you can choose the SOLO diffuculty for a dungeon. They have added solo play diffuculty to dungeons of lvl 1-6, AFAIK.

I have made it a practice to solo dungeons that are 1-2 levels below me on NORMAL diffuculty level, which is supposed to be for parties. I can even do hard difficulty ones as well. The elite setting is still somewhat a challenge and find it to be a nice treat, now and then.

You still have quests that require party play (kill 200 kobolds in quest "Kobold Assault" as example), and its quite understandable, but you will notice a lot more solo play.

I do see players of level 7 and higher soloing a lot of toher quests from lvl 7+. I am sure they are applying the same approach as I do on higher level dungeons (go in 1-2 levels higher than the dungeon reccomends), but there is enough solo play were you will be able to "catch-up".

There are sorcerrors and there are wizards. Both have my "schools" of majic or you can also call them "branches of magic. Within these "schools", you will notice they are very specific at what they do. If you choose to, you can "specailize" in only a certain school, so you can be stronger within it. Just simply build your character's spells, skills, enghancements, and feats that complement that specific school.

Charm is a fun spell, it allows you to attempt to "befriend" the target your wishing to charm. If successful, you will have the MOB, for a duration of time. The time is depedant on what level of charm it is, and if your a Wizard or Sorcerrer.

You also have monster summoning spells. They got from Monster summoning I on up to V, I think (roman numerals). Each level summons a specific type of monster that protects and fights for you. Summmons Spells can alos be specific, such as Summon Elemental: Earth. If I remember correctly, Summons spells belong to the school of "Conjuration".

They used the word sheas a generic term. Just like using "they" and "he" as a generic term, when your referring to a gerneric person. A Paladin can be either male, female, or any race.

As for bards, the are the "moral" support for a group. THey are a "Jack-of-all-trades" in truth, but never a master of anything. I have not really played a Bard in either the tabletop or in the online version of Dungeons and Dragons. Sorry that I cannot help you on this one.

Last night, the ranger we had in the party was very much needed. He was able to pull mobs from a distance that most low grade graphics cards cannot see. They are the "for killer" of the D&D world. You can specialize them into killing specific type of monsters. Such as Orc-kin, dragon-kin, or any other. They are excellent with light 1handed weapons, and with certain feats are the best at dual weilding and long range attacks. They are somewhat good for solo play and party play.

Hope I helped you out.