:: Official Dungeon and Fighter Help Thread ::

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Unplayed View Post
    even then i prefer msf. dat needle throw .. dat needle throw.

and yes, the stun is the saving grace, but it stuns at lvl 1 as well. the dmg on max isnt that impressive.
    One needle doesn't cut it, lets have 4 and make them travel in a 120 degree arc and all with pierce ability.
    Don't forget that the poison from poison bottle and venom mine is crazy as well.

I wonder what the developers were thinking when they introduced strengthen throw.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by dby2k View Post
    The problem with female SF in PvP is their serious lack of ability in terms of y-axis, their only saving grace being junk spin. They also lack ranged engagement to help combat y-axis players. All poison kings I fought complained I abuse y-axis and they continuously refuse fighting y-axis classes unless the opponent is seriously underpowered (I'm only using +0 normal rares). There's also several other y-axis classes to choose from. There's also the "running game" in PvP where males excel at and females don't since they have ranged AoE.

Witch, ranger, soulbringer(not really that much on y-axis, mainly field domination) and physical/hybrid exorcist are the usual classes that abuse y-axis superiority.
    Other classes have y-axis skills too, but that's not their main focus. Unless you want to counter with nenshot(wtf?).

Male SF can be quite good at bosses too and without much risk. Like I said before, they are already handy WITHOUT good equips, something Light Hagurashi is having difficulty acquiring now unless you're willing to donate 80 million to him to get better ones. Normal rare(cheap) set equips already make them far useful than female versions using the same set. At bosses they can stun, bleed and poison from range, thus reducing risk of getting their arse hammered. The bleed and poison damage combined can reach 4~7k DoT depending on level. At max level awakening passive, they become spamming beasts that possess truly terrifying DoT + DPS + Lots of Ammo. Quick cooldowns on the various skills also add to their strong points. Strengthen throw also covers any shortfall in terms of damage difference.

The only downside to male version in PvP is the initial casting of the various throw skills. This is why they usually prefer team PvP where there is a nen master in their party or a heavy/full-plate tanking class. And also they aren't sexy or hot looking as females(as claimed by Light). They look better than the other male classes to me. How do you top spammable ranged AoE stun, ranged AoE pierce bleed + major hitstun, mid-ranged AoE poison with a female SF in PvP? I keep saying this, so tell me how female versions are more valuable than their male counterparts (aside from Males not having Rare avatar yet).

Well in the end, it's Light's choice what he wants to get. If he wants to do it the hard way, by all means go play the female version. But he'll be losing out in a lot of things.
    Is it possible for people not X ranked to pvp each other from different servers yet. I have never fought a male street fighter so I wouldn't know. Keep in mind my build isn't a pvp build so I don't even have max ground pound yet. I still would like to fight you.
    Dungeon and Fighter : Shapeshifter

LagDesu~ Lv. 70 Poison Queen

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 43

One needle doesn't cut it, lets have 4 and make them travel in a 120 degree arc and all with pierce ability.
    Don't forget that the poison from poison bottle and venom mine is crazy as well.

I wonder what the developers were thinking when they introduced strengthen throw.
    i bet they weren't thinking at all
    Kritika Online
    Server: 보야카 - Guild: Guardians

Finster - Shadow Mage | Funken - Mystic Wolf
    Blutig - Crimson Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Shuusuke View Post
    Is it possible for people not X ranked to pvp each other from different servers yet. I have never fought a male street fighter so I wouldn't know. Keep in mind my build isn't a pvp build so I don't even have max ground pound yet. I still would like to fight you.
    Yes it's possible to cross server PvP. I did a test run with Light Hagurashi a few days back too. Although I fought him mainly without my weapon equipped at all. Didn't want my repair costs to climb too high. The only problem I had with him is that due to distance lag, I am unable to grapple, hence my "slow combo" cannot be executed since it relies heavily on smasher + star in the sky as a major chain combo.

My guy isn't PvP solo build too. He's extremely slow so he doesn't have any cancels since I'm trying to maximise superarmor for team PvP.
    I don't know if Light and you are in the same server, but if you are, you can get more details from him. He fought me firsthand with literally everything he had which resulted in 60k repairs on my end.

Normal male streetfighters aren't to be feared as long as you can interrupt them quickly. They most probably don't even invest in cancels at all and will just try to gain distance. These are the team PvPers and are closer to the casual side. They also wear cheap armor like me.
    The only problem is fighting a souped up male SF who is intent on causing lots of pain. Basically these male SF probably wear 55/60 or 60/65 legacy and invest heavily in skill cancels as well as cross class skills. Thus specializing in 1v1 duels. The scariest I fought was one which had such crazy attack speed that he didn't even use a claw. He was using a gauntlet to pulverize everything.

You can come on steparu IRC if you want to chat more. Just ask around for "Dart".

Quote Originally Posted by Unplayed View Post
    i bet they weren't thinking at all
    Agreed 100%. If they were thinking at all, they would have done something to kind of nerf Male SF.
    Last edited by dby2k; 02-07-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Yes it's possible to cross server PvP. I did a test run with Light Hagurashi a few days back too. Although I fought him mainly without my weapon equipped at all. Didn't want my repair costs to climb too high. The only problem I had with him is that due to distance lag, I am unable to grapple, hence my "slow combo" cannot be executed since it relies heavily on smasher + star in the sky as a major chain combo.

My guy isn't PvP solo build too. He's extremely slow so he doesn't have any cancels since I'm trying to maximise superarmor for team PvP.
    I don't know if Light and you are in the same server, but if you are, you can get more details from him. He fought me firsthand with literally everything he had which resulted in 60k repairs on my end.

Normal male streetfighters aren't to be feared as long as you can interrupt them quickly. They most probably don't even invest in cancels at all and will just try to gain distance. These are the team PvPers and are closer to the casual side. They also wear cheap armor like me.
    The only problem is fighting a souped up male SF who is intent on causing lots of pain. Basically these male SF probably wear 55/60 or 60/65 legacy and invest heavily in skill cancels as well as cross class skills. Thus specializing in 1v1 duels. The scariest I fought was one which had such crazy attack speed that he didn't even use a claw. He was using a gauntlet to pulverize everything.

You can come on steparu IRC if you want to chat more. Just ask around for "Dart".

Agreed 100%. If they were thinking at all, they would have done something to kind of nerf Male SF.
    What irc server/channel? I just wanna pvp you thats all.

What irc server/channel? I just wanna pvp you thats all.
    I'm just recommending the irc so that it's easier to coordinate. Rizon/steparu.
    I'm on around 2pm onwards for weekdays since I have to work in the morning.
    On weekends, around 11am onwards.
    Oh, GMT+9 KR/JP time btw.

Edit:
    Nice fighting you Shuu.
    I noticed that there is a serious bug with exorcist in PvP regarding their weapon/crucifix throw. If you get the EX skill for it that allows y-axis control, it may result in the weapon being thrown randomly up or down instead of straight. Very serious problem indeed but has it's perks. It is usually fixed by just re-entering the PvP server. Also rather sad to see less and less exorcists around lately, and even less hybrid dual exorcists.

And for Light, work on that male streetfighter!

Is it just me or are silvermoons really weak. They die faster than deathbringers. Even with full 60/65 legacy and a 65 pink+12.
    All I see them do is dash around trying to grapple me like a Tornado and jump way high up into the air...only to get eaten by my dog.
    Are they good in maps or anything? Might be worth levelling a rogue/silvermoon next to 70 if it didn't crap so bad in PvP.
    Any rogue users here can provide some input, since the koreans I beat up with full HP left don't want to tell me.
    Last edited by dby2k; 02-08-2011 at 03:04 PM.

With the right setup a rogue is pretty stupid OP in PVE and can have a 100% crit chance - and shining cut is crazy. Not sure if that would carry over to PVP though, would have to ask Zerreth.

The way I deal with silvermoon as a hybrid exorcist is to throw as much flak as possible on the field to confuse them and by jump attacking when they get within grappling range. In this aspect, they are actually much easier than Tornadoes since they lack the superarmor grapple buff. They die in 1 of my slow combo too, so I only need to nail them once.

If they manage to keep evading till my level 45 skill is close to being usable, I'll start zoning with magic. Silvermoons are especially weak against exorcist's dog as it can eat through their grapples. Also my level 45 gale swing has a higher grapple priority than any of the silvermoon's grapple attacks so it's pretty much my "end all" against them. All this with cheap normal rares for equips and normal level 30 avatars.

Silvermoon's spin attack, the one with some suction, is good too. The only problem is that when they try to use it as their y-axis skill against my exo, it's practically a suicide run. They are locked in that axis and are vulnerable to superarmor y-axis attacks of my own which are superior.
    Last edited by dby2k; 02-10-2011 at 01:55 AM.

I'm just recommending the irc so that it's easier to coordinate. Rizon/steparu.
    I'm on around 2pm onwards for weekdays since I have to work in the morning.
    On weekends, around 11am onwards.
    Oh, GMT+9 KR/JP time btw.

Edit:
    Nice fighting you Shuu.
    I noticed that there is a serious bug with exorcist in PvP regarding their weapon/crucifix throw. If you get the EX skill for it that allows y-axis control, it may result in the weapon being thrown randomly up or down instead of straight. Very serious problem indeed but has it's perks. It is usually fixed by just re-entering the PvP server. Also rather sad to see less and less exorcists around lately, and even less hybrid dual exorcists.

And for Light, work on that male streetfighter!

Is it just me or are silvermoons really weak. They die faster than deathbringers. Even with full 60/65 legacy and a 65 pink+12.
    All I see them do is dash around trying to grapple me like a Tornado and jump way high up into the air...only to get eaten by my dog.
    Are they good in maps or anything? Might be worth levelling a rogue/silvermoon next to 70 if it didn't crap so bad in PvP.
    Any rogue users here can provide some input, since the koreans I beat up with full HP left don't want to tell me.
    Yeah ggs, we have some nice fights even if it was short.

Also rogues are basically better rangers. The are very dependent on a upgraded weapon to be good. Their passive gives them extra damage to criticals so they don't need a buff like dbr. You can go either twinsword for damage or dagger for speed. I enjoy them quite a bit. In pvp they are really dependent on combos so they will have a hard time against super armor characters like exorcists.

Yeah ggs, we have some nice fights even if it was short.

Also rogues are basically better rangers. The are very dependent on a upgraded weapon to be good. Their passive gives them extra damage to criticals so they don't need a buff like dbr. You can go either twinsword for damage or dagger for speed. I enjoy them quite a bit. In pvp they are really dependent on combos so they will have a hard time against super armor characters like exorcists.
    The problem is that rank 6 gold silvermoons know that they are weak against exorcists in direct combat as my normal hits already deal more than their crits, and my crits practically rip them apart (not to mention I have a 20% chance to do double hits on every attack as a passive). As a result, they resort to playing mid-ranged grapples only and to combo from there.

Against pure physical type exorcists, their mid-range dash grapples are effective since it can cancel off superarmor. Only problem for them is that I'm a hybrid and am capable of playing like a magic exorcist by doing partial gear switching for near instant cast speed. So with my summons as decoys to make them use up their skills, I whack them while they are running to buy time for skill cooldowns.

I never really partied silvermoons in PvE, seeing as how they can be annoying when they grapple and throw enemies upwards and how they aren't good against spaced out enemies or enemies that can't be grappled. They also die very quickly with their crappy defence.

On the part about them being like a ranger, I do agree on that as well. Same can be said to a pure physical exorcist as our most damaging skills are all percentage based. Like our gale swing is ~7000% damage when maxed while having an AoE the size of mecha tau. I also noticed that in rank 1 silver and higher PvP rooms, players are more touchy on having to fight exorcists and certain other classes even when they are using "end-game" equips.

Also, happy chocolate hunting. Daphne is the cutest npc in DNF.

Update: Something weird happened to my account. I got disconnected midway through a map. When I relogged, my mail was filled with gold sent to me from the market even though I had nothing for sale earlier. The total wasn't much and amounted to ~500k only. Anyone else experienced this?
    Last edited by dby2k; 02-11-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Page 1947 of 1998 FirstFirst ... 94714471847189719371945194619471948194919571997 ... LastLast