Changes in PRose and Rose Online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Staff Admin Reputation: 29

Default Changes in PRose and Rose Online

As many people have noticed already there are major changes between Rose Online and PRose. Please comments about changes you have found.

Moderator since Aug 2004. I am a guy.
    Email me at lothia@gmail.com
    FFXI Tsukisa: 60pld/30War (retired)
    The OnRPG War

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 10

One very obvious change-

There is no more birth island, when you first play the game with a character, you're already in adventure's plain.

Changing weapons/clothing whatsoever REMOVES ALL POSITIVE BUFF on you. (not sure about negative buffs)

Getting on/off carts REMOVES ALL POSITIVE BUFF on you. (not sure about negative buffs)
    Current

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Redesigned Adventurere's Plains.. Adventurer's plains is a whole new map.
    New skill system.
    pROSE
    IGN: OhMyVadd
    Server: Polaris
    Class: Dual Raider
    Clan: Vanilla

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 72

umm dunno if its true but the experience rate is soooo much faster i got to level 37 in 3days and thats with playing like 2-3hrs a day or so.

Heads or Tails Reputation: -2

yeah higher xp rate they got.

Playing:
    Enemy Territory - zEdEroM
    Last Chaos - LvL 22 High Elf Healer > Archer - Layzee
    KartRider - Thralia

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Yeah that's for certain... 1 hour and i'm lvl 20 already.... Just killing off woopies.. I'm guessing that's a new skill tree as well. And episode quest, tho i find it better off when it just pops out like that.

Is there any high lvl dealers in game that can tell me does str still effect launcher dmg as much as con does. Or u just need to pump it for the minimum of holding a launcher?

Thx

Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 13

Skills have different names
    at least I think so.
    Unless guides have been lying to me again >.>

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 26

some skills have different names, and the it's more of a skill tree now, it's ok and kinda confusing but i guess you could say its more balanced now.

EDIT: Oh i also think there's a higher drop rate, of...anything.
    Last edited by iKai; 04-26-2007 at 02:57 AM.

[Mine and Duo's Slogan]:

[Currently Playing]:

LoL - Tickle Me Harry
    http://tinyurl.com/HKCYouTube
    http://harrykayan.deviantart.com/

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 10

Higher prices. Look at the personal shops

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Q: What exactly is ROSE Evolution?

A: Quite simply, it is an evolution of ROSE as a game. Not only will the game interface change, but character development, skill progression and party dynamics will also be quite different from the ROSE you were used to.

Q: Exactly what will change with regards to our characters? Will there be any resets of any sort?

A: Aside from some tweaking with each class’ HP/MP calculations, the most noticeable change would be the new skill trees. Some of the old skills have been removed or revised, and new ones added. Players from Beta ROSE may even notice old skills (such as the Muse’s Summoning skills) re-implemented. Some skill trees are also made in such a way that picking one skill progression will prevent you from taking other skill progressions, (Dealers have to be especially careful – taking the Discount skill prevents you from learning Craftsman’s Talent, which is a prerequisite of advanced Crafting skills.) making combat less of a simple race to the top game and more of a character build/party dynamic game.

With regards to Skills, the SP formula has also been changed. You now gain 1 SP per level starting Level 10. This means that your SP total should be (Your Level) – 9.

Resets? Yes, your skills will be reset, since a lot of the old skills no longer exist or have changed into different forms. Your SP totals will also reflect the new calculation above. All quests will also be reset, meaning that you have to redo major quests such as the Airship Quest and the Cart quest. Furthermore, with certain exceptions, all items in the game will be wiped.

Q: Say what?! An item wipe?!

A: A partial item wipe, yes. It’s not as bad as it looks, however. Gravity asked us for a list of items we would like the players to retain. However, when they found out that the list we gave them had more than 100 different item types, they scrapped the whole idea and used the same item retention list as all other ROSE servers worldwide. In brief, this list includes the following:

- Armor and Weapons (Masks, Shields, Wings and Backpacks, etc. crafted, store-bought or monster dropped)

- Some seasonal quest items (Complete list to follow, but includes Firecracker Penguin capsules, Christmas Tree capsules, Love Chocolate, Fireworks, ROSE Ball Dance Scrolls and Ice Spirit capsules)

- Gems (Ruby, Topaz, Diamond, etc)

- Cart parts (Battle Cart parts will no longer be dropped, but parts already existing will not disappear)

- Zulie (It would be stupid of us to wipe this, yes.)

(This list is still subject to change, but changes will probably mean more items removed from the game instead of retained)

All consumables and materials will be lost, so better sell them to the NPCs before we wipe. Certain items – Common Clothing, especially – will also have drastic changes made to them.

Q: But I’m an Artisan! Do you mean that I’ve been collecting materials for nothing?

A: Sadly, yes. The good news, however, is that most of the materials you’ve been collecting (Essences, etc) will not be required for crafting. In fact, a completely new list of items will be needed to craft items during Evolution. (Clue: Stones with the symbols of the Zodiac…) It’s best to use up all crafting materials now as equipment crafted now won’t be any better or worse than equipment crafted during Evolution.

Q: You mentioned changes to items. Exactly what does this mean?

A: Gravity has changed some item stats for game balance issues. The major change with regards to this would be Common Clothing. The level requirements and defense values of Common Clothing have been dropped drastically. However, new equipment sets are also being worked on, and will be available in the near future. The most significant changes to Common clothing includes the following:

Islamic Dress
    Level Req : Level 80 to Level 30
    DEF Value : DEF 56 to DEF 27

Venetian Dress
    Level Req : Level 100 to Level 35
    DEF Value : DEF 71 to DEF 29

Fancy Sky
    Level Req : Level 100 to Level 40
    DEF Value : DEF 79 to DEF 31

Q: Oh, okay. Will we be hunting the same monsters on the same maps for the same items?

A: Hmm… Not exactly. Some monsters have been moved to different maps and others have been replaced with new ones. All the maps are still the same, with the exception of the Adventurer’s Plains, which has been improved.

Q: Is the Monster Property system for Luna monsters still active?

A: No; that’s been removed. All skills should now do normal damage to all kinds of monsters.

Q: Are we getting Eldeon with the new patch?

A: Yes, Eldeon comes with the new patch, with leveling opportunities up to level 190 (normal) or 205 (with double bridging). However, Eldeon will not be available to the public for the first week, since the WarGodz Clan has won the rights to a sneak peek before the rest of the ROSE population. Sorry, guys!

The level requirement to enter Eldeon is 90. You can catch a ride there from the Station NPC on Luna.

Q: I saw the new Faces and the new Visitor’s Outfit. Will we be able to change our facial expressions to the new ones? Can we get the new Visitor’s Outfit?

A: There is no way to change your face or hairstyle at the moment. However, that option is being worked on, and may be available in the future. As for the new Visitor’s Outfit, all you have to do is make a new character; a set of Visitor’s Clothes is given to all new characters.

Q: Restorative items are really expensive! What gives?

A: Since restorative item efficiency has been increased, a price raise is also in order. They’re worth every extra zulie you’re spending on them, really.

Q: What happened to the Teleport scrolls? And what happened to the Teleport NPC and Stat/Skill Reset NPCs?

A: The teleport scrolls are now being sold by the Tavern NPCs. That’s Sharlin (Zant), Harin (Junon), Anzhelika (Eucar) and Peppie (Xita). As for the event NPCs, Gravity has shut them down since they may cause some unwanted side effects with the new patch. They may or may not be re-implemented, depending on the results of their testing. Be very careful with your skill choices!

Q: Not all of the skill books can be found in the shop! Where can I find the rest?

A: All the ghosts drop them. Candle Ghosts on Junon, Elec Ghosts on Luna, and Eldeon’s native ghosts. The 2nd job skill books have been moved to Olleck Basilasi in Eucar. (Darren has copies of the skill books available to Leonard, Tryteh and Ulysses)

Q: The Battle Cart skills have vanished! Does that mean that our Battle Carts are now useless?

A: No, not really. While Battle Cart skills are being tweaked with, the Battle Cart parts now simply do greater damage than normal attacks. (You still cannot use skills while riding, however…) The Ride Request skill is still working, however.

Q: What about Castle Gear? How will we be able to ride them?

A: Castle Gear parts can be crafted by Artisans. However, the Ride Castle Gear skill is still not available yet as some Castle Gear parts are still bugged. They are being worked on right now, so just hang tight!

Q: This is all fine and good, but exactly when will we get the new patch?

A: Around mid-August. We’ll let you know if it’ll be patched sooner.
    pROSE
    IGN: OhMyVadd
    Server: Polaris
    Class: Dual Raider
    Clan: Vanilla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast