360 or PS3?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

View Poll Results: 360 or PS3?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • XBox 360

    15 57.69%
  • PlayStation 3

    11 42.31%
  1. #21
    Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 18
    Darkone121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea?
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satio View Post
    Well you got a few exclusives for the PS3. But then you got a lot more exclusives for the Xbox 360.

    Xbox 360: Halo 3, Fable 2, Gears of War, Viva Pinyata, Guitar Hero II, Elder Scrolls IV, Rainbow Six,
    PS3: Resistance, Elder Scrolls, Tekken 5, Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

    Atm Ps3 doesn't have many exclusives, so I'd recommend the Xbox 360 right now. Who knows though the PS3 might come back with a bunch of exclusives next year, maybe you should wait and find out. Right now though the bet choice in my opinion is Xbox 360.
    FABLE 3 THO CUZZZZZZ!!! Fable is the most AWESOME RPG GAME IN THE WORLD!!!

  2. #22
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 20
    Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    3,302
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    360 = total pwnage.

  3. #23
    ಠ_ಠ Reputation: 45
    Sandman53's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    4,173
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Now the Xbox 360 is a solid console with a great game library, but thats because it has been out for a year and is a relatively low price. I hate it for many reasons though and I don't feel like going into that, but one of the reasons is live.

    The PS3 has only been out for a relatively short time, and the games it's getting are better and the chances are in the near future it will rack up a gaming library like that of the PS2. Once they drop the price down a few $100 everyone will be wanting to get one. The only thing thats stopping them from doing that is that stupid ass blue-ray player. But if you take the premium xbox, $400, and add on the HD player, 179, then you get a nearly 600 dollar system. So the price difference in the end is un-noticable. Your lookin at even more if you get the elite and the HD add-on since it doesn't come with it. But that right now is just for media buffs.

    I would personally go with the Playstation 3 because Sony has yet to let me down these past 14 years or so with the PSX or PS2. They were both solid systems with awsome games and I expect the PS3 to join them soon.
    "The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty." - Amarant Coral

    "People who commit war are stupid, but the blood they spill is not meaningless." - Dr. J.

  4. #24
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 33

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eyes View Post
    notice how the 360 fans are comparing whereas the ps3 fans are being totally onesided. You are giving him your opinion, not helping him make up his own mind..

    Like you're not guilty of it too

    For racers, shooters, alright platformers with a few stars ie banjo kazooie FTW, and a smaller selection of not quite as good rpgs - go for the xbox - oh and unmatchable online play
    Unmatched online? PC says hi.


    for Rpgs, shooters which arent as good as the xboxes, better platformers i.e little big world, and not as good racers go for the ps3, the ps3 has online play, but its not anywhere near as good as the xbox 360. the ps3 also has home.. dunno if that sways your opinion.
    How are shooters any different the on the 360 exactly? They pretty much have the same ****ing FPS's. The PS3 also has great racers like GTHD,F1,RR7, and Motorstorm plus, GT5 that will be out next year(GT is a known Forza "killer" by many).

    oh and if you think blu ray, sony have done this before, i.e betamax tape, minidisc, umd.. its gonna be the same story over again
    Don't forget the CD because that failed...oh wait(Before you say it both Phillips and Sony worked on the CD-ROM). And who can forget how Sony pushed DVD support back when it was overly expensive that failed too.


    and if you think hddvd, its failing badly
    Because you can get the same movies on Blu-ray, a format that is nearing 1.5 million sales and is supported by all the big names.

    both will fail because nobody wants to pay £10 more for a better quality movie.
    Yet, blu-ray is selling better then expected.

    then there are all of the cross platform games... and there is likely to be an ff13 for the xbox 360..
    But will it be the main FFXIII or a spin-off?

    SURVEY SAYS: SPIN OFF!
    Last edited by Neebus; 05-12-2007 at 12:29 AM.

  5. #25
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 10
    Guato617's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Str1der View Post
    So today my father came up to me and flat out asked me if I would want an XBOX 360 or a PS3. He got a bit extra money for doing a side job and wants to spend some of it on one of these two systems. I can't decide which console I want. The 360 is going to have Blue Dragon being released in August, and that looks flat out amazing. At the same time, the PS3 will be having FF XIII, which is really what I want. I have heard thoug that the exclusity of the game itself isn't set in ston, and it may venture over to the 360. Personally, I'm an avid RPGer, and love those type of games.

    With this being said, which do you think I should choose?
    If rpg's are your hearts desire, then ps3, but if u like fps games, xbox, personaly i would get ps3.

  6. #26
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 16
    xXDeathzJrXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ......................... Posts: 8,243,915
    Posts
    2,296
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Shooter ~~~> 360
    RPG ~~~~> PS3

  7. #27
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 16
    Ganix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,422
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    I'd go with the PS3 then, Star Ocean, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, oh my!

    I was originally going to go with the Wii, but after seeing all those, I'm probably going to get a PS3 when the price drops a bit, or when said games above get closer to coming out.

    PS. White Knight looks interesting though..
    Welcome to the Dark Side. >:] MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
    When i first saw Level 5 developing for the PS3 I searched for any footage. I then saw that beautiful master piece video and remembered my love for SONY. I vow my life to them.
    FACEBOOK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyoudai View Post
    My hopes, struck down by a non-available youtube video!

  8. #28
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    Noefius A.K.A Konaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    ive read in numerous places like wikipedia about rpgs from playstation going cross platform like dmc 4 ,kingdom hearts 3 ,ff13 (i would list more but those are all i really cared about and remembered )
    WoW-70 paladin-Lerok, 70 hunter-Drameos, 39 mage, 39 Warrior

  9. #29
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 33

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noefius A.K.A Konaru View Post
    ive read in numerous places like wikipedia about rpgs from playstation going cross platform like dmc 4 ,kingdom hearts 3 ,ff13 (i would list more but those are all i really cared about and remembered )

    DMC4 is quite true, It's probably because they sold poorly last gen.

    Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't true at all. a KH game will be coming to another platform other then the PS3. It will come out a Cell Phone, DS, PSP or, all 3.

    FFXIII is 100% Exclusive to the PS3. Spin offs of FFXIII are coming and it has been suggested that they will be on the PSP, PS3(See FFvsXIII), WII, DS, Cell Phones and the New FF MMO is based in the XIII universe and that will be on the PC, 360 and PS3.
    Last edited by Neebus; 05-12-2007 at 03:51 AM.

  10. #30
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    Noefius A.K.A Konaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neebus View Post
    DMC4 is quite true, It's probably because they sold poorly last gen.

    Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't true at all. a KH game will be coming to another platform other then the PS3. It will come out a Cell Phone, DS, PSP or, all 3.

    FFXIII is 100% Exclusive to the PS3. Spin offs of FFXIII are coming and it has been suggested that they will be on the PSP, PS3(See FFvsXIII), WII, DS, Cell Phones and the New FF MMO is based in the XIII universe and that will be on the PC, 360 and PS3.
    well for kh 3 i dont really remember where i got the idea of cross platform from and as for ff 13 http://www.psu.com/node/10027 its "might" to be cross platformed because of how they cross platformed ff11 i rather kh3 be crossed then ff13

    EDIT: woops just saw what you said about the ff13 universe thing sorry ^^ ; also i just re-read the thing and it said they hinted a new mmo guess i only looked at the cross platforming part
    Last edited by Noefius A.K.A Konaru; 05-12-2007 at 04:03 AM. Reason: woops just saw what you said about the ff13 universe thing sorry ^^
    WoW-70 paladin-Lerok, 70 hunter-Drameos, 39 mage, 39 Warrior

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •