How many watch Ecchi anime?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

View Poll Results: Do you watch ecchi anime?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's some of my favorite series

10 52.63%
  • I enjoy it very much

7 36.84%
  • I'll watch it if it has good reviews

1 5.26%
  • Ecchi is too perverted for my tastes (or some other "undisclosed" reason)

1 5.26%
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 43

Default How many watch Ecchi anime?

So, I have this conversation alot, describeing the difference between the words ecchi and hentai. So I want to know how many onRPG anime fans watch ecchi, based on a scale.

note: here is the deffinition from reference.com
    Quote Originally Posted by www.reference.com
    In English, the word is often used in the context of manga and anime. The term ecchi is applied to anime or manga that has vague sexual content (such as skimpy clothing, partial or full nudity), but does not show sexual intercourse. However, ecchi has historically often been used as a synonym of hentai, presumably due to confusion of the two; thus it can carry different connotations than allowed for by the original Japanese. In recent years, however, its use by English-speakers has largely realigned with the Japanese meaning — although H has become a completely separate term, inclusive of all of the above.

The ecchi art style is loosely comparable to pin-up girl artwork, as well provocative fantasy and comic book art in the United States and other countries. Typical features include:

* Clothing that outlines the shape of the breasts, nipples, and labia, suggesting tightness of clothing and arousal.
    * Uniforms, costumes, or outfits that may be provocative, but are worn as everyday clothing by the character.
    * Characters who are unaware of their sexuality, appear innocent or cheerful, or sly and mischievous.
    * Clothing that is falling off or being pulled off, notably swimsuits.
    * Upskirt panty shots and cleavage.
    * Suggestive or phallic imagery, such as Japanese mayonnaise bottles.
    * Exaggerated sexual attributes (such as large breasts), often on normal or petite figures to give a sense of contrast. Especially used in dōjinshi and fanart, where a character may appear more sexualized than normal.
    * Cute or innocent character with obvious sexual appearance or clothing.
    * The occasional bare breast(s) (with and without nipples), but no nudity below the navel or vaginal slit is included on female model.
    Now remember, ecchi is not about sexual arrousment, even though it pokes fun at it and occassionally has nudity. (Example: Girls Bravo)

Note: One example that was not referenced was the teenage male who gets a bloody nose at the thought of seeing a girl naked.

edit: I did not completely read my reference, it's only half of the deffinition of ecchi. Ecchi is essentially poty humor, it provides comdic value now.
    Last edited by ncyphe; 05-27-2007 at 04:17 AM.
    Now, an official Game Dev student.
    Visit my FPSBanana profile and Studio to see what I've been working on recently.

[[Inuyasha: Episode Infinity]]
    Naraku: --Evil laughter-- Oops! Killed your girlfriend again, Inuyasha!
    Inuyasha: Bullshit, you know how many cliffs Kikyo's fallen off? She'll be fine. Hell, I pushed her off one last week.
    EnB emulator, resurecting the dead

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82

Which show was it, Eiken Club or somethin like that? Yeah. Funniest ecchi ever. But it's the only one I've ever watched since I was forced to watch it.

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

who havent lol

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10

t-t-Totally duuuuude!! Yeah i watch it, even found a few wallpapers that i use on my desktop and other stuff like....giving them to friends and stuff.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
    (='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
    (")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 67

you don't call it ecchi, that's for the Manga term. for anime u call it bishoujo. those are the correct terms.

Aman Reputation: 193

Quote Originally Posted by nzrock View Post
    you don't call it ecchi, that's for the Manga term. for anime u call it bishoujo. those are the correct terms.
    I think you're wrong. Bishoujo refers to those really girly girly Animes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Bishōjo (美少女, Bishōjo? ; びしょうじょ; literally, "beautiful young girl", also spelled bishoujo) is a Japanese term used to refer to young and pretty girls, usually below university age. Bishoujo is not listed as a word in the prominent Japanese dictionary Kojien. An example of Bishōjo is Sailor Moon and Tokyo Mew Mew. A variant named biyōjo (美幼女) referred to girl before the age of adolescence.

If you rescue me, I'll be your friend forever. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 67

like the wiki says, that's ecchi.

Banned Reputation: 12

Girls Bravo was an awesome show. I felt bad watching it though.. kind of preverted.. But it was soo funni!

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Syetactic View Post
    Girls Bravo was an awesome show. I felt bad watching it though.. kind of preverted.. But it was soo funni!
    Have you seen second season. If not, the first episode makes you go, "I can't believe they took it that far. . . . Where'd one of the tentacles go?"

I'm quite serious. Also, boushoujo is cutsey anime ment for girls. Ecchi is alabout makeing perverted references to sexual characteristics that would provide for a good laugh. Not all ecchi contains nudity, while some others make that the key point.
    Now, an official Game Dev student.
    Visit my FPSBanana profile and Studio to see what I've been working on recently.

[[Inuyasha: Episode Infinity]]
    Naraku: --Evil laughter-- Oops! Killed your girlfriend again, Inuyasha!
    Inuyasha: Bullshit, you know how many cliffs Kikyo's fallen off? She'll be fine. Hell, I pushed her off one last week.
    EnB emulator, resurecting the dead

Firor's Fury Reputation: 100

Not really. I tried getting into them a few times but they are kind of tiresome. If you can consider Ah! My Goddess and other shows like it somewhat ecchi, I guess you could consider me kind of a fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast