How many watch Ecchi anime?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

View Poll Results: Do you watch ecchi anime?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's some of my favorite series

10 52.63%
  • I enjoy it very much

7 36.84%
  • I'll watch it if it has good reviews

1 5.26%
  • Ecchi is too perverted for my tastes (or some other "undisclosed" reason)

1 5.26%
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 43

I just realized (I didn't fully read the reference) but my reference does not accurately describe the ecchi genre.

Ecchi is dirty humor, thus it has comedic purpose.

here's Animenfo's deffinition:
    Ecchi
    Ecchi anime contains very light sexual themes, such as sexual comedy, transvestites, lecherous grandparents, the occasional bare breast, but never any actual sex. Lots of nosebleeds and potty humor.
    Now, an official Game Dev student.
    Visit my FPSBanana profile and Studio to see what I've been working on recently.

[[Inuyasha: Episode Infinity]]
    Naraku: --Evil laughter-- Oops! Killed your girlfriend again, Inuyasha!
    Inuyasha: Bullshit, you know how many cliffs Kikyo's fallen off? She'll be fine. Hell, I pushed her off one last week.
    EnB emulator, resurecting the dead

Banned Reputation: 10

the only reason i dont watch any ecchi is cuz none of them keep me interested for very long.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 67

once again, ecchi is ment for manga and image releated stuff. not for anime genres. u call it bishoujo in anime coz there's girls and of course there all ways will be perverted stuff with them...what ur saying sounds more like hentai animes lol. anyway you'll understand what i mean when u read/watch/collect enough of it...and i dont mean reading Wikis or forums to understand what they are...u gota go to sites and image boards n bbs and download enough to make ur head go pop.

Banned Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by ncyphe View Post
    Have you seen second season. If not, the first episode makes you go, "I can't believe they took it that far. . . . Where'd one of the tentacles go?"

I'm quite serious. Also, boushoujo is cutsey anime ment for girls. Ecchi is alabout makeing perverted references to sexual characteristics that would provide for a good laugh. Not all ecchi contains nudity, while some others make that the key point.
    Yeah I saw the second season. I had to like watch the show alone because of all the titties being thrown up in my computer screen. You trying to watch the show, but there all these titties up in your face that you can't even see what character is speaking. Plus.. all the nakedness... did they really need that. And the snake dress.. I was like wow.. I can't believe she wasn't bit yet. They went too far.. horny ol' bastards...

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 43

Quote Originally Posted by nzrock View Post
    once again, ecchi is ment for manga and image releated stuff. not for anime genres. u call it bishoujo in anime coz there's girls and of course there all ways will be perverted stuff with them...what ur saying sounds more like hentai animes lol. anyway you'll understand what i mean when u read/watch/collect enough of it...and i dont mean reading Wikis or forums to understand what they are...u gota go to sites and image boards n bbs and download enough to make ur head go pop.
    Actually, I work with a highly praised anime expert (I can't remember what people call him, but his name has spread from comic artists to bands [that make the theme songs] to actually anime firms) and his deffinition of ecchi is mine.

After checking a reference, "bishoujo" is ment to be a "fanservice" rather than purely for the comic releafe. Bishoujo is actually in many different genres of animes, while ecchi is of itself a genre. THe two terms mean the same, but one is a genre modifier while the other is a genre.
    Now, an official Game Dev student.
    Visit my FPSBanana profile and Studio to see what I've been working on recently.

[[Inuyasha: Episode Infinity]]
    Naraku: --Evil laughter-- Oops! Killed your girlfriend again, Inuyasha!
    Inuyasha: Bullshit, you know how many cliffs Kikyo's fallen off? She'll be fine. Hell, I pushed her off one last week.
    EnB emulator, resurecting the dead

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 67

well all i can say is..."You still have alot to learn young one."
    don't feel like lecturing nor arguing -.-

Moderator Reputation: 27

Uhm... I'm on the borderline of 'I watch it if it has good reviews' and 'I enjoy it very much' But I don't like hardcore ecchi at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12