Thread: Runescape Guides

Missing No. Reputation: 39

Default Runescape Guides

I have mergerd all the guides here into one post, and they are all sorted out. If you have a guide or are a maker of a guide and would like for it to be updated, just PM me.

Guides:
    Smithing Guide
    How To Make Money(and everything else)
    Thieving Thief Guide
    The Anti-Scam Guide
    Runescape Complete Item and Quest Guide v1.2(part 1)
    Runescape Complete Item and Quest Guide v1.2(part 2)
    Runescape Complete Item and Quest Guide v1.2(part 3)
    Last edited by FabianN; 05-18-2006 at 07:29 PM.

Default Smithing Guide

--Posted by chronoX--

Runescape Smithing Guide v0.9

Table of Contents

1) Legal Crap/Disclaimer
    2) Versions
    3) Introduction
    4) How to Smith
    5) Smelting Tables
    6) Smithing Tables
    7) Getting Started
    8) Smithing related quests
    9) Item prices as of 30/3/2003
    10) Runespeak
    12) Tips
    12) About the Author
    13) The last word/Thanks

This FAQ is best viewed with a wordprocessor with a character width of
    about 79

------------[1. Legal Crap/Disclaimer]---------------------------------

This FAQ is the copyright of it's au
    Last edited by FabianN; 05-18-2006 at 07:20 PM.

Default How To Make Money(and everything else)

--Posted by OmarJatoi

hi all,

[COLOR=blue]ive decided to make a guide for rs to help out many of the ppl here

first of all lets start of with a small intro so people kno what rs really is:

RuneScape is a huge magical world. you create your account, choose what you would like to look like slay some montsers, raise your stats, make money, do quests ... some skills are : mining , smithing, rune crafting, magic, wood cutting, fire making, fishing, cooking, crafting. Then theres this option to become a member( by paying 5 USD/month ) and u get alot more skills for example herblore, thieving, slayer, agility, and some addition feature for the free to play
    Last edited by FabianN; 05-18-2006 at 07:19 PM.

Default Thieving Thief Guide

--Posted by chronoX--

--==Runescape Thieving Guide v1.0==--
    Created by: morpheusjedi77
    RS Username: mastertribal
    E-mail: HimuraKenshin779aolcom
    Created: 3.21.03
    Updated Last: 3.21.03
    (c)2003

--==Table of Contents==--
    I. Introduction
    II. FAQs
    III. Beginner's Guide
    IV. Pickpocketing
    V. Stall Robbing
    VI. Chests
    VII. Picking Locks
    VIII. Credits and Such

--==I. Introduction==--
    Perhaps one of the more profitable member's skills is Thieving. In the
    beginning, you will only be able to make small amounts of money, but once you
    get high enough, you will be able to easily get loads of GP, Nature Runes,
    silver, gems, and more. It is also needed in

Default The Anti-Scam Guide

--Posted by Xenonight2--

Note- I made this a sticky out of good will for floppy, alright?

Guide: Anti-Scam Guide V.01
    Author: Created by FloppyPillow
    Date Created: 13th of April, 2004

Read Before Reading Guide:

RuneScape is a game. It is meant to be played. Not to cheat. So here is a few ways to aviod the stupid scammers because I hate to see people scammed like the stupid posts like "Give me your username and password and you will get 1 000 000gp for you!" They are total scams so use this and you WILL NOT get scammed! It's simple really:

1) Scammers always ask for your password and username. Guy's, lets think about this for a minute. There is two reasons why I feel that scammer that ask for passwords are just a total fake. 1) If they really CAN **** RuneScape, why would they tell everyone else about it. I mean, if you could **** something, then why lets others benifit? And 2) If they really COULD **** RuneScape, then why would they need to know your password and username? Like some other guy said on ANOTHER scam post, he bluttered some I.T. junk no one understands that went a bit like this. "[/i]If they knew how to **** RuneScape, then why would they need to know your password. If they are good hackers, then he could go into the Java Applet and get the Config files and change the levels and then **** the mainframe....[/i]", and went on and on for ages. Anyway, what the point of that was to tell you that if they COULD **** RuneScape, then they could get your username and password. That is the first way to tell if they are scammers.

Lesson 1:
    Don't EVER give ANYONE you password, because they only want you account, as they wouldn't help you benifit in RuneScape. They just want to benifit themself with a new account Stupid scammers!

2) Scammers generally have bad spelling. I don't know why, but after alot experience dealing with scammers, that is the general rule. Bad spelling. (Then again, I have bad spelling too )

Lesson 2:
    Scammers generally have bad spelling.

3) I have heard that RuneScape is like, 'impossible' to ****. It is like hacking the NASA database. Now i don't know how to **** and everything, (And I definatly do not want to learn how to **** aswell), but I DO know that NASA has ALOT of security; So I doubt that ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE, could **** RuneScape. I am NOT doubting that they CAN NOT make automators, because I have seen alot of people cheating in RuneScape, but it is VERY unlikely that ANYONE could change your status.

Lesson 3:
    NO ONE can change you status or create money for you. When anyone says "I can make you have 1 million gp...just send your user and pass to me at i_am_a_scammer@hotmail.com and you will get 1 million gp instantly!" don't trust them. (Don't go to i_am_a_scamer@hotmail.com . It was an example of an email. That was not a scam people.)

4) People. May I ask this? Why, ohh why cheat on a game like RuneScape? It spoiles the game for everyone. I think that the guy that has like 1 million more experience in mining than everyone else has been using an autominer. (By the way people, that is my opinion. Don't go telling everyone that he IS a cheater or telling him that he is a cheater, because that is my opinion.). Now is that fair for the 2nd top miner? It would spoil it.

Lesson 4:
    Why cheat? Honestly people, why cheat? The only thing in RuneScapeis to fight and level up your skills. Now there is AutoMators out there that could do all that for you. But why look at a machine or something doing everything for you.

Another thing to watch out scammers. JaGeX can catch every cheat and AutoMator, so don't think, (when you are cheating), to think you can get away with it. You will not be able to. That is the last note.

It is as simple as that. (That should stop about umm...ALL the scams in this forum away.). So keep those things in mind, so when you see another scammer, then laugh in their face.

Default Runescape Complete Item and Quest Guide v1.2(part 1)

--Posted by chronoX--

Guys, I will do this in several posts because its just way to big to do it all at once.

@@@@@@@@%
    @%%%%%%@%
    @% @%
    @% @%
    @% @%
    @@@@@@@@% @% @% @@@@@@@@% @@@@@@@ @@@@@@@% @@@@@@% @@@@@@% @@@@@@@ @@@@@@@
    @%@@% @% @% @%%%%%%@% @%%%%%%%@% @%%%%%%% @%%%%%% @%%%%%%@% @%%%%%%@% @%%%%%%%@%
    @% @@% @% @% @% @% @% @% %@@@@@@@% @% @% @% @% @% @% @%
    @% @@% @% @% @% @% @@@@@@@@@% %%%%%%%@% @% @% @% @% @% @@@@@@@@@%
    @% @@% @% @% @% @% @@%%%%%%% @% @% @% @% @% @% @@%%%%%%%
    @% @@% @@@@@@@% @% @% @@@@@@@% @@@@@@@ @@@

Default Runescape Complete Item and Quest Guide v1.2(part 2)

and talk to him to finish the quest.

Reward: 1 quest point, + 3 cooking skill (Must be between cooking lvls 1 and 4 )

Talk to the gypsy in Varrock market, she tells you that you must go see someone ( I forgot his
    name) in the palace. When you find him he says he needs you to collect 3 keys to open the box
    to silverlight. For the first key go two the 2nd floor and find the guard chief. For the 2nd
    key go visit the wizard's tower with 25 bones. And the for t

Default Runescape Complete Item and Quest Guide v1.2(part 3)

Attack potion 3 Guam Leaf Eye of Newt
    Cure poison potion 5 Marrentill Ground unicorn horn
    Strength potion 12 Tarromin Limpwurt root
    Stat restore potion 22 Harralander Red spider's eggs
    Defense potion 30 Ranarr weed White Berries
    Restore prayer potion 38 Ranarr weed Snape Grass
    Super attack potion 45 Irit Leaf Eye of newt
    Poison antidote 48 Irit Leaf Ground unicorn horn
    Fishing potion 50 Avantoe Snape Grass
    Super strength poti