what weapon combos to use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 467

Default what weapon combos to use

..for a trojan.

Theres a few guides on the player tips section on the site but they always get bad criticism.

i use two clubs if im leveling myself or plvling but some people say that encourages pkers to come after you since you havent got any ranged magic skills to use in defence.

i was thinking for general purposes maybe if i stick to sword and a blade, or myabe just two blades because then i'll keep most of the damage and will still have a 0.001% higher chance of surviving against a tao or archer.

also, for socket weapons and levelling is it better to have dragon gems so you can kill monsters faster, hence getting xp quicker....

..or is it better to have loads of gems that give you extra xp from kills?
    To be THIS good takes

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

For leveling, killing mobs etc rainbow gems are better, less damage, more damage would mean more kills and the mob spawn rate would then have an increased affect on your leveling speed.

Of course everything is determined by circumstance though, not everyone has the money lying around for a rainbow gem set for pvm and a dragon gem set for pvp.

Some combinations i have are Club/Club, both with rainbow gems for pvm 2x clubs are always the no.1 for lvling, if you dont have the money straight away use club/blade i guess (though i do like swords :P) blade for pvp.

PvP i use club/sword or sword/sword, all with dragon gems naturally, with the club/sword you get SS + the much higher maximum dmg of the club which is further increased by the dragon gems.
    Sword/Sword which is my fave on my main char ages ago, you dont get the same damage as blades :P but phoenix is cool, as far as i can remember a +5 sword is equal or around the same dmg as a +2/3 blade so its not that bad, also have you ever seen a 120+ rb tro try to hit something with blade/blade?
    They usually will always miss, where as with sword/sword you can put all your points into vit and have minimum dex and see no difference, so with sword you get everything id say.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 467

thats a good point about after being reborn. i forgot about the whole re-alloting points thingy.

at the moment im saving up for some rainbow gems but on statue of zues the economy is really rubbish due to the low amount of players.

one reason i havent been using swords all that much is because pheonix seems to take ages to lvl and im too poor at the moment to afford socket weps. how comes ss is much better than fb at pking? i thought they were basically the same just they look different.
    To be THIS good takes

SS and FB are the same apart from the graphical difference, though an all fb/ss person prefers blade for higher dmg.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Club in right hand for extra dmg. Blade in left hand for FB..when PKing.. I use Club+Club when hunting..but of course for hunting i have a level 117 archer.

If you wanna do close melee, sword+sword because of the phoenix ( only if phoenix lvl is good) But it will suck most of the time because everyone always jumps and SS is weaker then blades. That's all I Use.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 6

I think the best if for leveling Club/Blade and for PVP Blade/Blade OR Blade/Club.
    (Yes it makes a difference if your Blade is placed in first slot)
    Blade/Blade is pretty much the best because you get Hercules and Fast Blade which makes it easy to kill tao and archers that always runs away

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdeve
    For leveling, killing mobs etc rainbow gems are better, less damage, more damage would mean more kills and the mob spawn rate would then have an increased affect on your leveling speed.

Of course everything is determined by circumstance though, not everyone has the money lying around for a rainbow gem set for pvm and a dragon gem set for pvp.

Some combinations i have are Club/Club, both with rainbow gems for pvm 2x clubs are always the no.1 for lvling, if you dont have the money straight away use club/blade i guess (though i do like swords :P) blade for pvp.

PvP i use club/sword or sword/sword, all with dragon gems naturally, with the club/sword you get SS + the much higher maximum dmg of the club which is further increased by the dragon gems.
    Sword/Sword which is my fave on my main char ages ago, you dont get the same damage as blades :P but phoenix is cool, as far as i can remember a +5 sword is equal or around the same dmg as a +2/3 blade so its not that bad, also have you ever seen a 120+ rb tro try to hit something with blade/blade?
    They usually will always miss, where as with sword/sword you can put all your points into vit and have minimum dex and see no difference, so with sword you get everything id say.
    do you mean mele hit with dual blades o.0? because usualy when a troj use dual sword or blade they do it so they can both herc and fb/ss. oh and my current combo is club and blade. i have 1 ref rain, 1 norm rain (armor), and 3 red drags. i lvl quite fast really. the rain gems exp depends on how much dmg you do ( i think....) so im using both rains and drags >.>. (oh btw i your strog enough say 10k+ atk, use dual blade. 1 herc 1 fb = dead unless your enemy ha pots or too much hp)

melee hit of course :P
    For lvling all rainbows are better naturally, mostly due to killing the mob slower, removing time wasted waiting for spawn, moving or looking for mobs.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdeve
    melee hit of course :P
    For lvling all rainbows are better naturally, mostly due to killing the mob slower, removing time wasted waiting for spawn, moving or looking for mobs.
    but killling slow is bad for meles if your in lab or wine since the more monster hit you = the faster dura goes down =x so i prefer liek 70pc drag and 30pc rain =x

It dosent really make much difference, if 4 are hitting you rage gets exp from 4 monsters, if one is hitting you you get 1 monsters exp. Unless you can kill in one hit, higher damage rather than higher exp is detrimental to lvling wherever you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast