MMOFaces - Social Network Beta

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Retired Staff Reputation: 492

Don't be hating' all up on Gabe's work, you know it's awesome.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

I jump! alternating with firefox & IE.

Hold your Breath and jump in now!

http://www.mmofaces.com/DarkLight

add me to your friends list!

Mines only going to get crazier by the second, lol

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 13

I also signed up, LordLOC is the name (LOC was to short!) so feel free to add me as a friend if you want

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Initial Thoughts:
    Oooh, myspace tailored for the gamer without all the addme freaks.

Wow, so now I don't have to thumb through groups to find gamers, sweet.

God I hope it isn't just a mypace clone. It's great copying somethign that works, but myspace doesn't.

Ooh, a new site for me to break and crap on, or fall in love with and grow addicted to.

I hope this isn't like virb--great delivery, small fan base. IF it's good, let it thrive!

Will edit after I actually register and have had ample time to review the site.

Default MMOFaces Quick Review

What I Like:

The concept in general. Gamer meets gamer...it's love at first frag.

The banner is sexy, despite my hatred for WoW.

Though I would say the design is a bit over simplified, I'm certainly pleased you didn't over do it, throwing flash animations all over the place or those stupid animated cursors.

I like that you fit the site to an 800x600 form factor. This allows for people who don't have larger monitors, or are blind to view the site at a comfortable resolution. It also minimizes horizontal scrolling (which I loathe).

The forums seem pretty well laid out. Granted its a cooky cutter design, but that's sometiems the only thing that works. Also, the source code is pretty clean, though I'd have put the CSS into an intirely different file.

I like the concept of having a helper robot to show you the ropes.

The statistic sections are pretty neat. When I'm not on there blogging or whatever, I can look up some random facts.

What I didn't like:

Aside from the forums, the rest of the site was poorly written. It leads me to believe the creator used some kind of "click and go" web designing software. Great for making mock ups, but horrible for final versions (yes I know this is a beta). Messy code leads to slow execution.

The drop down menus. If I'm not mistaken, they were coded in javascript, which, as we all know, is slow to excecute. Not to mention some people block javascript, which means they wouldn't be able to navigate the site. Not to mention the fact that the menus seem to appear a cm below where I would expect them. CSS would have been faster. Static menus are less sexy, but I wouldn't have been as frustrated navigating the site.

Organization of the menus over all didn't seem like it was well thought out. What is the point of the tabs on the main page if you have the my account drop down menu? Speaking of extra menus, why does the home button have a drop down menu to begin with?

There's too much crap on the main page. I have to scroll down twice just to get the news. Shouldn't that be up top some where?

Isn't the color scheme kind of..well...dark? Neutral colors I get, but why so much black? Feels kind of emo to me.

As was mentioned before, this is just a beta, so hopefully things will look up later down the MMOFaces world.

Red face

where do you want to go?

can you take me ?
    have you ever been to www.yesdaq.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234