Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maplestory tech probs & solutions

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I got error 114

Unhappy Help please

I have just patched my maplestory to the newest version and when I start it up and type in my password it says connection failed due to system error and I have to close the game....I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and the same thing happened so I then uninstalled and and deleted everything off of my computer and then downloaded the full new updated exe from the nexon maplestory website and installed and when i tried to login again the same error message appeared and well I am all out of ideas now....I read the help thing related to section (b) and it says in my system32 fodler there should be a file called "hosts" well i only have a thing called "hostname" which looks like an exe file to me but it doesnt specify .exe yea im lost now please help.

I have also just installed the new version onto my laptop and tried to play and the exact same thing happened and also only have the hostname file in my laptop system32 folder although this one does have .exe on it so i don't know do u think something has happened to my account?

Well My account is fine so it must be something wrong with the update I guess because it worked from someone elses computer...signed in all ok....so i'm even more confused now...nothing work.

So lost....
    Last edited by purplified; 07-27-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Default ...stupid game

ok basically everytime i try to play
    it says hacking has been detected
    but i dont hack
    and it has been working fine
    before i installed windows vista
    and i just want it to work
    HELP ME PLEASEEEE!

Default maplestory connection failed......:(

i have seen on this page that many people have faced this same problem. because if i want tro login in maplestory it says "connection failed due to system error". could you guys help me plz, because i want to play maplestory so batly

yesterday, after having downloaded the patch, maple story suddenly ceased to cooperate. I was able to boot maple, but once i log in and select character, maple would crash.

I've attempted several fixes, none of which worked -- including Gundel's suggestion to check the host file.

I have even went as far as to reformat my computer and re-download maple which by the way, did not work -- but only created further problems when i had difficulty locating my motherboard and gpu drivers >_>

but i digress...

at the moment, i'm attempting the manual patch for the third time, it has stopped at (3/3) Creating: Base.wz again.

Please note that I have left the patcher running for several hours now.

also, my brother -- though he does not currently play maple -- patched and was able to run the game.

thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    Last edited by mongolpixel; 07-27-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Since nothing works as I exlpained above ^ I decided to delete and download the full exe once again...only this time I went into my registery folder and deleted all registeries relating to maplestory and nexon themselves and reinstalled the game once more then went and added it to my safe lists on the stupid windows firewall thing and RAWR still not working T_T this is pissing me off please help someone

Question I is confuseed

Help!
    I am getting the "Connectivity lost due to connection problems" error and eet happens rite after I log in (Wooden Sign Screen) and before the select World thingy.

HEEELP!!

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 22

For the people that are getting "Connection failed due to fatal error" use this thread
    http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1289549
    and it should fix your problem. Gundel i suggest you put that on the 1st page. Thanks
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Impossible is Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchyx View Post
    For the people that are getting "Connection failed due to fatal error" use this thread
    http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1289549
    and it should fix your problem. Gundel i suggest you put that on the 1st page. Thanks
    That is not teh prob i is having. I was able to log on and play correctly earlier but now no.
    Me thinks it mite be from da patch.

But tank u

Default Maple around the world

I moved to Malaysia recently and really want to play maple story with my friends in Canada. is there any way i can do this?

Quote Originally Posted by pepsimapler View Post
    When I try to start up maple story it won't start up and gives me a error message. Here screenshot:

If you still having trouble with that its an issue with windows vista home premimum not auto patching just go threw the c directory and maunually patch and it should work.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 10

Everytime I click the maplestory.exe icon, nothing comes up
    NOTHING happens, its like I didnt click it at all

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 10

I just got back from vacation and haven't tried the patch yet, but to all people that have the disconnect prob:
    First, the hosts file is a hidden one, so make sure to let the explorer show hidden and system files. It's in the folder, you just don't see it because windows thinks it's better to not show it ;)

Also check at the mapleglobal side if you're account is banned. When you try to login a banned account sometimes you get that "connection prob" error instead of the "banned for xxx" one.

For the error 114, there's a lik in the first post that points to mapleSEA, they have some good gameguard error explanations.

I'm having the same problem: I click the icon, the window where you press 'play' comes on, the game seems to load, but then the maplestory screen never comes on.

I tried to download the patch, but it keeps taking me to an error page. I'm a tech newb. I finished my summer classes and now I just want to play maple story for 2 solid weeks!! HALP!
    Last edited by Madeba; 08-06-2007 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeba View Post
    I'm having the same problem: I click the icon, the window where you press 'play' comes on, the game seems to load, but then the maplestory screen never comes on.

I tried to download the patch, but it keeps taking me to an error page. I'm a tech newb. I finished my summer classes and now I just want to play maple story for 2 solid weeks!! HALP!
    Run the "setup.exe" in your maplestory install folder, then try again, then post if it works or now ;)

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 10

It still doesnt work

setup.exe only fixes that frequency thing, problem for me is, it doesnt even show the gameguard thing, NOTHING shows up

When it stops after pressing the play button it seems that a firewall is blocking maple. Switch it off for testing, don't forget windows XP has a build-in firewall and some routers also.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

OMG GUNDEL thanks sooo much lol you helped my problem and what server do u play on again? O.o
    Currently Playing

Guild Wars
    IGN:Coo Nee Chee Wah

Quote Originally Posted by Endonei View Post
    OMG GUNDEL thanks sooo much lol you helped my problem and what server do u play on again? O.o
    You're welcome :) and for the server, just look here
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/1429.html

Whenever i try to open maplestory, it goes through the gameguard thing, then after that, it says, Error Code:-1 Unknown Error. It was working before, but now its all messed up.>

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 12

Well I get the ol' Gr2D problem, and I'm pretty sure that it's because I reformatted my computer. I've done all of the setup + restart, reinstalling restarting setup blahblahblah I've done all that. I know what the problem is, I need to reinstall my graphic's card driver. The problem is, when I found it and searched for it on the site that makes them, it said, "This download is no longer available." Help me pl0x

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 17

well, for some reason, my shift key is the pot key, but other key register it as the pot key. i don't know why. anyone wanna know why? could it be joy to key? because this never happened when i used it.

ok i might sound like a nub but thisis neva happend 2 me b4 and if uv already exsplained it at the beginin i properly dint under stand (im a dumass) right i log on and click on the old character and then its black 4 a while then it flashes a picture of me and my surroundings then poof on my desktop again eny help (im dum soo no really big words like melonbasher or watever...)

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

totaly mental i did it honestly 3 bloddy times and i ended up as yuna...
    o well least shes looks good

@reydawg: Either you not have admin rights on your windows or you use or have used some gameguard killer prog.

@Boom: Giving the type of your graphic card and the site where you tried to get the driver could help. Also storing even old drivers is a tip, i even have the drivers of my (long gone) voodoo 1 card.

@moon: Hm, on shift i have tele and it works, could be joy2key. Does it work when you switch it off?

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Gundel View Post
    @moon: Hm, on shift i have tele and it works, could be joy2key. Does it work when you switch it off?
    naw, i just found out why it's going on. when numlock is on, then the buttons get all funky...