Maplestory tech probs & solutions

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 10

Default Maplestory tech probs & solutions

As there are many tech problems asked over and over again, i just gathered some of the common here with possible solutions, so we don't get the 256th post about Gr2D each day.
    When there's more than one solution, usually try the first one and do the next step only if it doesn't work then.
    It should be obvious that you don't run any hacks/trainers while trying to get it to run, also close all other unnessesary applications/progamms that are running in background.
    Also note when nothing works, maybe you got a virus/trojan etc. on. Perform a full virus scan on all harddrives and then run spybot s&d and ad-aware, this helps keeping your comp clear also, i do it ~ every 2 weeks alas. Spybot and Ad-aware are free-to-use, everyone should just run them from time to time. I also include a link to a good free Antivir Program i use myself.
    Spybot S&D
    Ad-Aware
    Avira AntiVir

If you solved a prob that isn't in here yet, feel free to post and i will take it in.

Install Maplestory don't work or hangs?:
    Make sure there's at least ~800MB free on your Sytem Drive (usually C:) when you start the install, even if you want to install Maple on another Drive or Partition.
    Reason is, when installing maple it depacks temorary files on your System Drive and deletes them after the installation is complete, so when there's not enough space it stops, sometimes even without an error.

Common Maplestory graphic errors:

First, really old graphic cards that don't support DirectX8 don't work with Maplestory, so the only option is to buy a new one. Laptop users should use the drivers that are provided by the laptop manufacturer, as they're often specific driver versions.
    A User just told that switching your colour-depth to 16-bit and the resolution to 800*600 before starting maple also might help with some older rigs. This works as some older graphic drivers don't do the switch to direct3D properly (ty to slade).

"Cannot display video mode" or "Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D"or
    "I only get a black screen after starting Maplestory !"
    a) Run "setup.exe" in your maplestory install folder.
    b) Install the latest DirectX version, get the newest driver for your graphic card (and install it, duh),
    reboot, run "setup.exe" in your maplestory install folder.
    c) deinstall & reinstall Maplestory, then run "setup.exe" in your maplestory install folder.

"Gr2D_Dx81.dll" error:
    a) Install the latest DirectX version and reboot.

Connection errors:

There could be many reasons, so the tips are not specific, but should work for most of them.
    a) First, can you connect to the internet, does browsing work? If not, your problem isn't Maplestory related, check your hardware and internet settings. This also works for most gameguard errors.
    b) Check your hosts file. Usually it's located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc. The name is "hosts", without any ending. It should look like this, the comments are in your language of course. There should be nothing under the "127.0.0.1 localhost" line, when there are more lines delete them.
    Also notice the hosts file IS and MUST be write-protected, don't forget to re-enable write protect after editing. Do NOT just delete the hosts file, even if some people suggest so. Also make a backup of it, in case some other application isn't working after you edited it.

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # Dies ist eine HOSTS-Beispieldatei, die von Microsoft TCP/IP
    # für Windows 2000 verwendet wird.
    #
    # Diese Datei enthält die Zuordnungen der IP-Adressen zu Hostnamen.
    # Jeder Eintrag muss in einer eigenen Zeile stehen. Die IP-
    # Adresse sollte in der ersten Spalte gefolgt vom zugehörigen
    # Hostnamen stehen.
    # Die IP-Adresse und der Hostname müssen durch mindestens ein
    # Leerzeichen getrennt sein.
    #
    # Zusätzliche Kommentare (so wie in dieser Datei) können in
    # einzelnen Zeilen oder hinter dem Computernamen eingefügt werden,
    # aber müssen mit dem Zeichen '#' eingegeben werden.
    #
    # Zum Beispiel:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # Quellserver
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x-Clienthost

127.0.0.1 localhost
    c) Temporarily end your firewall and virus scanner (don't disable only, end the programs) and try again.
    d) If you have a router with build-in firewall (or your software firewall was the bad guy at step b),
    configure it to allow these files full internet access (don't forget the caps):
    MapleStory.exe
    Patcher.exe
    GameGuard.des
    GameMon.des

Gameguard errors:

a) First step should be delete the gameguard folder in your Maplestory install folder and give it another try. This forces Maplestory to re-download the newest gameguard version.
    b) Try all steps under "Connection errors".
    c) If it still doesn't work, maplesea provides a good support side with most of the gameguard errors explained, maybe the specific error number will give you a clue what's going on.
    http://www.maplesea.com/support/gameguard.aspx

I can start Maplestory, but once i doubleclick my char Maple closes itself !
    This mostly comes when some hack/trainer fiddled with your hosts file. Do the steps described at "Connection errors" under b). Full virus/spybot/ad-aware scan after that.

Running Maplestory on a Mac.
    Oisterboy made a good post about it, if you have any probs just look there first.
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/41942.html
    Last edited by Gundel; 09-09-2008 at 09:00 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 12

I got some error about Gr2D, what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by BoomThunda View Post
    I got some error about Gr2D, what should I do?
    I begin to realize why you have over 2000 posts already... Cmon, that wasn't a serious question, eh?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gundel View Post
    I begin to realize why you have over 2000 posts already... Cmon, that wasn't a serious question, eh?

No, no it wasn't. Well this thread should actually help a lot of people, and if anyone else makes a thread about not being able to log in, I'm able to yell at them.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Right now i have a problem, "Your not online or Maplestory is going through a server check. Please check the website for more details.

And i can't check the website it says it's under maintenance...

And yes i'm Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrobe View Post
    Right now i have a problem, "Your not online or Maplestory is going through a server check...
    ...And yes i'm Online.
    Seems you answered your question yourself. As you are online, maple is going through a servercheck obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrobe View Post
    Right now i have a problem, "Your not online or Maplestory is going through a server check. Please check the website for more details.

And i can't check the website it says it's under maintenance...

And yes i'm Online.
    I would also get this message when GameGuard doesn't have the chance to close; Like if MapleStory unexpectedly crashed and you try to immediately restart it.

My solution to lag and connection error is just reset the connection. It takes only a minute and stops my lag (most of the time).

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by BoomThunda View Post

No, no it wasn't. Well this thread should actually help a lot of people, and if anyone else makes a thread about not being able to log in, I'm able to yell at them.
    im starting to think everyone should either 1. read everything b4 posting problems OR look through google for 15min +++
    its what i usually do cause i know people may not even know the answers
    and
    yes flaming them for this post should be done but , 1. if they are 13 or under i dont expect them to go read the stickys but its the rules so idk really

Halp. I broked my graphics.

This is my log in screen. When I log in, there is no problem with the graphics. If I alt-tab, the graphics become like this. If I then log out, they go back to normal. This happened after disabling unneeded services (Media Center stuff, printer, and remote desktop) and restarting my computer. As I like to alt-tab often, this with become a big nuisance. Any ideas on this one (and I've already tried system restore)?

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 5

I can't believe this thread never got made after Forum57 died.

Anyway, for reference's sake, the thread doesn't exist at Forum57 anymore, which is a damned shame.
    internets tough guy

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast