Tales of the Sea

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Tales of the Sea

Hello,

This new team is starting to make a new MMORPG called :
    Tales of the Sea.

Were currently Discussing Gameplay everyday but ill tell you what we have come up with.

"Tales of the Sea" is a MMORPG people start the game and are able to choose between two
    Factions :
    Marines
    Pirates
    after making the character they will spawn in a capital city of there faction:
    They will start as a novice named :
    *Marines* - Soldier
    *Pirates* - Buccaneer

Wen they reach lvl 10 they should be able to choose between :
    *Marines* - Commander : Artilery : Knight
    *Pirates* - Captain : Ranger : Bandit

There skills will be made wen we get to that part

The Games Graphics:
    We are going to use Anime looks a cartoony texture and Cell shading here is a picture of cell shading:
    http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycri...1106397267.jpg
    the picture is property of its respectfull owner.

There wil be alot of traveling in the game and Ship battle between the two faction the world will be made 60% out of sea and canals and 40% out of island and dry land

If you would like to join were currently looking for :

3 Programmers C++ - 1 for the server, and 2 for the client
    6 Modelers - We are using Maya, 3DsMAX and Lightwave 2 for weapons and armor 1 for Body Modeling and 3 for Map and City's
    2 Concept artists - We need anime artists should have a good style and also good skills with coloring in Photoshop or another program we already have a concept artist so all together there are 3 concept artists

If you would like to join :

*We are doing this complete without payment so dont acspect to get payed or maybe if we complete and use a cashshop system you will get a share of the money but the money will always go to the server first, so we can take care of our community

*Before joining think about what you can do for the team dont email me about you dont know any program but you can come up with idea's and other things, if you dont have a skill in any of the jobs ive put up you should not apply.

*The project isnt going to be made in 2 - 12 months it will take more then a year to get is of the ground but we are going to use a update system that makes the game larger as you play it.

*Wen you apply please keep in mind that its a long time working and takes alot of your time if you dont have alot of time please dont apply also do not apply and quit the team after 1 month of work we need a Mature team.

Do you think you can give the magical sparks to this game please post on our temperarely Forum
    http://www.phpbb88.com/talesofthesea...=talesofthesea
    or email me at:

Banditrice@gmail.com

Do not forget to post some of your work in the mail or on the forum that way you will be accepted earlier.

Yours Truely,

Benjamin "Bayu" Nolten

Lead Producer/Modeler, Tales of the Sea TEAM

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

did some1 model Totoro? or is that from the movie and i didnt notice it was 3D? Awsome sounding Idea not many pirate MMORPG's. Loopix has great plant models for some nice island plant life if your set in like the Corribean (however you spell it) google loopix project. he has some nice free samples and his tropical plant pack is 15 bucks really great stuff, you could easily convert it to some anime looking models, if I were you I would have just characters cell shaded and the rest of the world realistic. Could save you some plant modeling time... If you dont have a 3D engine already I suggest either Irricht, Ogre3D, or CrystalSpace all free great 3D engines! I personally prefer Ogre3D the best it has great Resource managment for easy loading and unloading of models, textures, Shader Languages, particles, materials, you name it, all easy. Also if you dont have them already you might want to collect some 2D artists and some Sound People. Thats all i have to say good luck with your game.
    Legends of Alterion - Under Development

toast lands butter down, cats land on their feet, what happens when u strap toast to a cat?.....
    Math indicates they will hover in quatom indecision...(yet to be tested)

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 12

OMG the sample pic, is that what the graphic will look like?? if so Im looking out for this then!

(>_<)○------(^o^)○
    (; ・_・)―――――――――C<―_-)
    (゚ー゚)(。_。)ウンウン

Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 16

Er, no, that picture was simply an example of the technology they're using...

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

apparently someone modeled Totoro from the Anime move "My friend Totoro" and cell shaded it. It was on Cartoon Network Last month.
    Legends of Alterion - Under Development

toast lands butter down, cats land on their feet, what happens when u strap toast to a cat?.....
    Math indicates they will hover in quatom indecision...(yet to be tested)

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

It seems you've thought this out well! Although your ideas seem to be flowly freely from your clearly creative (what the hell is it with me and alliterations?!?) mind, there are one or two things you could improve in a request for help such as this.

First of all, have a quick look over your post and make sure all punctuation and spelling is correct. It makes things look a lot more professional - a good deal of skilled developers won't even take a second glance at a badly presented proposition.

Secondly, talk with respect! I can understand how annoying it is to have people constantly asking to be a "Game Moderator", "Marketer" or "Idea0rz submitt0rz" but you just have to put up with it! No-one likes to be spoken to with a commanding tone and some of the individuals with talent browsing through your post may be put off! Also, don't forget that in most development teams, Game Designers are often looked for; what if a trained individual with a degree from a respectable University in Literal Composition happened to be browsing through the site? That would certainly be a major loss!

Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck in the development of your game and truly look forward to its release, as I am an avid follower of both cell shading and piracy! God Speed!