Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: what is grinding?

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    10

    Default what is grinding?

    what is grinding?

  2. #2
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 17
    KyleHavok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Flawda, USA
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Grinding

    There ya go.


    "I wait at the bottom of this dark abyss for the savior of the red captive."

  3. #3
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    so... why do people think that questing isnt grinding?


    theres no difference between killing 100 boars, and killing 100 boars because an npc tells you to

  4. #4
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    grinding is....virtually every mmorpg out there

  5. #5
    Banned Reputation: 13
    AthlaS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,204
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannym112 View Post
    so... why do people think that questing isnt grinding?
    Because they're idiots. Grinding is just killing the same thing over and over again.

  6. #6
    Banned Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i thought grinding is were a girl put her ass in ur front and starts moving it o.O

  7. #7
    Phantom's Freak Reputation: 22
    cloudx1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,501
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *vash_the_stampede* View Post
    i thought grinding is were a girl put her ass in ur front and starts moving it o.O
    haha lawl.


  8. #8
    McFox Sandwich Reputation: 13
    Koga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    461
    Rep Power
    9

  9. #9
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123
    Greed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oakwood USA :O Posts: 9,998,999
    Posts
    12,135
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannym112 View Post
    so... why do people think that questing isnt grinding?


    theres no difference between killing 100 boars, and killing 100 boars because an npc tells you to
    Quests usually have a story connected to them, so to further the story a certain item/limit/condition must be met. Whereas grinding for a level is just... grinding for a level.






  10. #10
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82
    Cereal&Milk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,668
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koga View Post
    That was actually kind of funny.

    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 11
    Server: Caitsith
    ~Mains~

    Stats: SAM 75/ THF 37
    Stats: THF 75/ NIN 37
    Stats: RNG 75/ SAM 37
    Stats: BLU 66/ NIN 33


  11. #11
    Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10
    jhey021's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koga View Post
    lol..:3 maple=grind


    ftw.. she's got angel wing hairband.. hit her till it wears off

  12. #12
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 8
    soe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,326
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannym112 View Post
    so... why do people think that questing isnt grinding?


    theres no difference between killing 100 boars, and killing 100 boars because an npc tells you to
    not all games r like that, and if a game is like that its even better.. UR grinding + your doing a quest.. so not only do u gain from the grind, but also from doing ur quest

  13. #13
    Chrono's Crony Reputation: 22
    Sketchyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,358
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Dam it I was gonna give a link to silkroad but that dude stole MY IDEA. I knew i should ahve copyrighted it. Anyways GAME grinding is when you train for hours on monsters to gain a level getting like .01% lol. Real life grinding is well....Go find out
    ---------------------------------------------------------

    Impossible is Nothing

  14. #14
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 12
    BoomThunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,821
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I don't even get .01% per kill anymore *sighs*

  15. #15
    Banned Reputation: 7

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the basement
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i love to 50-50 grind lOl

  16. #16
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 43
    xXpsychoXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,456
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Why do you think i dont play RPG's anymore i just play sports games [tennis, basketball ect] because the games are never the same..

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleHavok View Post
    Grinding

    There ya go.
    go back to that site and click history and check the things that someone tried editing into it lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Fieren View Post
    Howdy, I'm Fieren, the local pedophile. Share the fun, bring your kids to OnRPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by power_gamer_6 View Post
    I like to abuse mod powers to have other mods admit to messing around with a mod's posts.

  17. #17
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 17
    KyleHavok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Flawda, USA
    Posts
    1,057
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cartography View Post
    i love to 50-50 grind lOl
    I got wrecked on my first 50-50.

    That memory sucks.


    "I wait at the bottom of this dark abyss for the savior of the red captive."

  18. #18
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannym112 View Post
    so... why do people think that questing isnt grinding?


    theres no difference between killing 100 boars, and killing 100 boars because an npc tells you to
    You're still grinding in a sense, but its not really grinding because you are getting a reward for it.

  19. #19
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 15

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,652
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    What is grinding?
    Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

  20. #20
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Every game has grind, stupid kids with their stupid excuses, don't like it don't play it.

  21. #21
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,843
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Grinding is killing for hours using the same skills, on the same monster, for little exp with little to nothing to look forward to in the next level with little variation in scenery because that's all you can do in the game. The only game I've played where the grind was not so bad was PSU cause you party with different people all the time and can use a decent number of skills/weapons. There may be others but not many.

    J.L.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

  22. #22
    春光乍泄 Reputation: 193
    Raiyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Iguazu Falls
    Posts
    13,561
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaZe View Post
    Every game has grind, stupid kids with their stupid excuses, don't like it don't play it.
    Except some games make the grinding fun by giving it an illusion of non-repetition, and thats how those kind of games excel even though they still have a grind.

    If you rescue me, I'll be your friend forever. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

  23. #23
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 26

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,723
    Rep Power
    12

  24. #24
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    PsyCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Maple story is gay idiot retarded grind
    silkroad online is grind
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    "NoT lEiK WoW!?11!eleven! cAN noT CoMpUte!1 SISTEM OVARLOAD SISTEM OVARLOAD!!BEEPBEEPEBEEP!!*POW*"




    92% of teenagers have switched over to rap, if you are one of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy this into your signature.

  25. #25
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 12
    BoomThunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,821
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsyCo View Post
    Maple story is gay idiot retarded grind
    silkroad online is grind

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •