Please, Please, PLEASE don't just plug in your website.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya Tetsu View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with freewebs as long as your site isn't bare. Yes, I just joinded today but I've also noticed people posting links and leaving. I actually joined to have fun and get some advice. An added bonus to this site is people to beta test when my game is ready! which it won't for a while, but hey, what can I say.

lol haha nice! I joined a while ago, but i haven't really left. you know... Same thing, I actually joined to have fun and get some advice on games n' stuffz.
    ======================================
    www.firstov.com/forums
    What did he just say?!...I dunno I was listening
    ======================================

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by FabianN View Post
    I've been noticing a lot of people just joing, plugging in there site, then leaving. If the only reason you came is to show off your site, than the chances are that no one will visit it. For people to care about your site, they will have to care about you first most likely. Stick around, get to know the members, than try showing off your site. We want new members to join and stay with us. If your new, than don't simply use this as an advertising board. Have some fun.

No one will care about the site of some newb they've never heard of.

Edit: Also, make sure that your site has something worthwhile to look at. If you have something new with barely anything, it's ok to post asking for help, but don't post saying "It will get better... eventually..."
    that's true, no one likes to visit a newbie's site
    LOve me, LOve MMORPG

Im looking for a good free mmo to play. Anyone know of one?

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Hi. Here's a simple rule that you could do. If anyone want to post or promote their website, make it a minimum of 5 forum posts (or something). But here's the bad thing...people will sure to spam just to reach that quota.

Or, make that section as section that requires moderation (or approval before post), therefore only a handful of posts would be posted. Requires a bit of work tho, that mod have to find all of those 5 posts to see if they arent spams.

Just my 0.00001 cents.

Contest deadline extended to 31 October 2008 ! Win your friend a WAR account for free ! Just take screenshots !

i have posted a link to my site but i will be around for a while

Into MMO Games?, Games in general or just want to kick back visit us at http://www.mmogameforum.com

I've been around a while, but I haven't been much of a poster (Ever scince I fell in love with one of the MMO's I found) but I do want people to know how wonderful this game is. Decayed of zombies.

btw Akarimas Habbo!
    Cya'll soon!

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 14

Yeah the only advertisement I care about is my UO server. But I rather host that for the purpose to offer mmorpgers what they want. I have played so many mmorpgs that lacked a few features but had some good ones. So i took my knowledge of the systems and implimented them on my own server after every game played to make a mmorpg with everything good and hopefully very little bad.

Owner/Admin/Coder/GM/Host
    Xfire: Despized
    PSN: TDREAD

p.s. my avatar is really me.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

I will definitely stick around

I might be a newbie to the site and yes I might stick something up about the games I love to play but I am always checking out what is said and how it is said. If there is a new topic area for those who want to do that they why downgrade someone for it just dont visiit it. I really enjoy comments so I have like a zillion forums that I am with so yeah it might seem like I am here and then gone again but I love checking up on everything when I can. But I just dont like bashers. If anyone posts a question pertaining to my game then I will answer that question. If i see a game here I like or someone has a question to a game that I know of then yeah I am going to reply. I just dont have all day to stay on one site.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

lol
    I saw this thread just after my first post (yes it was a "my site" kind of post).

Well the forum is titled "Shameless Promotion" so I guess I dont loose my sleep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast