Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will this game ever be free?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

This game will almost never be f2p. Try guild wars. you only have to pay once and you can play forever. www.guildwars.com/
    Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

FFXI will never be free to play. SquareEnix would just assume close the servers if they ever needed to resort to a Free to play business model.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

TRUE private servers will NEVER exist for FFXI. Square Enix has seen to that with the PlayOnline Viewer.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mog View Post
    Unless the game completely switches companies, (ala FE:Z, but it's not happening) then chances of FFXI going Free to Play is zero to none. If you ever do decied to play, you definantly get alot for your money, considering the amount of content the game plus all three expansion packs have.
    The game will never switch companies because it's part of the actual Final Fantasy Series. Since it bears that trademark I highly doubt they would allow someone else to host it.

Regardless, FFXI will never become F2P. If anything it would become Buy to Play but I highly doubt that either. Square will wait and see what FF14 does and im sure they will continue to update FFXI for the next..3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Sticks View Post
    F*ck, you guys want to play something together? Looking for an 4we5umz gr4f1x game. Also, who ever wants, let's go ahead and play Gamez Aion. It's a private server, yes, but playing just to see how Aion is, if satisfied, well, I'll buy it.

Lovez~...
    And who thought the forum name spoke for itself? xD

Xfire ID: MateriaCloud

Currently Playing
    Lost Saga IGN: Unknown
    League of Legends IGN: Liquidated

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 57

No and it shouldn't be there are enough F2P games out there for people to choose from FFXI does not need to be one of them. It seems to be doing fine as it is. If a person can't afford to play or their parents won't pay then they can find other games to play it's no big deal FFXI is not the only MMO out there.

Banned Reputation: 161

It will never be free it will also most likely be live and kicking for years to come.

They got big plans for 2010. rising level cap in 3 stages to 99 and new end game stuff and re-tweaking all classes and what not.

A Shrubbery Reputation: 22

Damn, I miss FFXI alot, can't believe I'm missing out on them updates. Probably missed out on alot more too, Lol.

Still, it'll probably will never go free to play. Would be nice if it did, Wouldn't get your hopes up.