Will this game ever be free?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by TimeSink View Post
    There's no way you could make an emulator for this game as you have to login from the the play online viewer. Which makes it impossible to emulate.
    There is a way to get through everything, it's just unfortunate that noone cares enough about this game to do it.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 38

my friend i think ur insane, check how many FFXI private servers there are (free btw)
    Leagues of Legends:The Disciple (US)

Steam:The Otterpus

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Aegothis View Post
    There's a free server now. But............................

You still have to have a PlapOnline account, lol.

I'm going to switch to Star Wars unless they drop the price to $6. This game aint so exciting any more when you could be playing The Old Republic.

It was good though. Square better do something soon. $12x10,000=big losses and I'm just thinking small.

Better take the $6x10,000 $60,000 VS $12x0000 which means $ZERO DOLLARS!
    are you guys ever play F2P game like out spark fiesta try it and say what is cheap p2p or F2p fiesta is like 200$ per month

Quote Originally Posted by odin_ff7 View Post
    are you guys ever play F2P game like out spark fiesta try it and say what is cheap p2p or F2p fiesta is like 200$ per month
    i wish i can play final fantasy but i cant pay and play insane expencive game like fiesta OS server
    Last edited by odin_ff7; 12-28-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by shevrock View Post
    I was wondering if this game will ever become free. I'm to cheap to pay, and me and my freinds realy want to play. I've been loking for a *evilthingnottobesaidonthisboard* or an emulator, that's nor free apparently. So s their a chance of f2p.

I guess not.. FF has a big name and big reputation.. They don't want to be this game as F2P level. If you like this game you may try Atlantica Online.. They have same game interface. It is a turn based game as well..

Default FFXI rox

I've been playing FFXI for almost 7 years and there's never a dull moment. 4 level 75s, and more in the near future...i would highly recomend it, it is only $12.95 US, I'm from Canada so i pay a little more...but it's worth every penny.

This game will almost never be f2p. Try guild wars. you only have to pay once and you can play forever. www.guildwars.com/
    Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

FFXI will never be free to play. SquareEnix would just assume close the servers if they ever needed to resort to a Free to play business model.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 25

TRUE private servers will NEVER exist for FFXI. Square Enix has seen to that with the PlayOnline Viewer.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mog View Post
    Unless the game completely switches companies, (ala FE:Z, but it's not happening) then chances of FFXI going Free to Play is zero to none. If you ever do decied to play, you definantly get alot for your money, considering the amount of content the game plus all three expansion packs have.
    The game will never switch companies because it's part of the actual Final Fantasy Series. Since it bears that trademark I highly doubt they would allow someone else to host it.

Regardless, FFXI will never become F2P. If anything it would become Buy to Play but I highly doubt that either. Square will wait and see what FF14 does and im sure they will continue to update FFXI for the next..3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Sticks View Post
    F*ck, you guys want to play something together? Looking for an 4we5umz gr4f1x game. Also, who ever wants, let's go ahead and play Gamez Aion. It's a private server, yes, but playing just to see how Aion is, if satisfied, well, I'll buy it.

Lovez~...
    And who thought the forum name spoke for itself? xD

Xfire ID: MateriaCloud

Currently Playing
    Lost Saga IGN: Unknown
    League of Legends IGN: Liquidated

Waiting For
    FF14
    The old Republic

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 57

No and it shouldn't be there are enough F2P games out there for people to choose from FFXI does not need to be one of them. It seems to be doing fine as it is. If a person can't afford to play or their parents won't pay then they can find other games to play it's no big deal FFXI is not the only MMO out there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast