View Poll Results: FLYFF v.s. Fiesta

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • FLYFF

86 51.81%
  • Fiesta

80 48.19%
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

FlyFF = much better, Feista has NO chance -shoots-!
    Champ vs. novie? o.o!

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Well, I've been playing Fiesta and I must say, it's addictive.

Kingdom Quests = Full of pure WIN.

-cries cause he already voted for FlyFF-

I like the GM involvement in Fiesta, cause the GM's in other games act like robots, these GM's actually socialize with the players and take their ideas into consideration.

The only problem with Fiesta is people in town spamming advertisements for RMT sites. -.-

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Okay.
    For those of you saying "zomg fiesta is teh suxors"...why are you on the fiesta forums? Surely you have something better to do. Also, please provide a reason as to why it's inferior. Saying something like "It has more to do" isn't really helping anyone.

Also, some of you claim that flyff has more to do. Um..not sure about how flyff is now, but when i played it was PURE grinding. There were a few quests..which included killing creatures. Sure Fiesta is kinda like that, but the quests are alot more plentiful, and alot easier imo. Alot more fun for the casual player. Also, there are kingdom quests which seem pretty intresting.

Also, as for the only thing that makes flyff unique is the flying system. But when i played, and from what i have heard, it has no real impact on the game. It's just basically a form of transportation. For a game named "FLY for fun" it's kinda disappointing.

So in the end i think i will have to go with fiesta

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by elazulblack View Post
    You can get off your boards in certain places and get stuck in the sky with no ability to warp, move etc. Also, you can blinkwing in certain places and get stuck. And sometimes you can die and click revive and get stuck. It happened to me several times and it's happened to several people I know.

lol thats so easy to fix... all you do is use the 5minute teleport... thats the whole reason for it
    so even if u do get stuck (happened to me), just use the 5minute teleport
    This is me...

This is my opposite...

Active in:
    LOTRO!!!~~~Nimrodel Server~~~Lemonkeeper~Runekeeper~Lv60~~~Eruhini Kinship
    Rappelz!!!~~~Bahamut Server~~~Cheese7357~Soul Breeder Lv6x with everchanging alts

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Dont these topics seem kind of.. Useless?
    anyways i pick flyff
    Scania FTW!!

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 13

Having played both I have to pick FIESTA. Yup, it has this wonderful feel into it and it's more of an action/casualgame than Flyff is.

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by subz3r0lt View Post
    When you get good at flyff you realise there is nothing more to it than popularity and drama. You get these people everyday who are over emotionally influenced by this game. They go too far and have 'pixel secks' and romance to the other characters.

Fact: Over half of the population of Flyff's girl characters are boys.

Flyff is mostly played by high school drop outs and losers who have intention of getting a good pay job or doing well. The game developers are more interested in monopolising this game by making new cash shop shit daily. They're so focused on taking every penny away from the already poor suckers.
    Very true..I have a 92 BP and theres absolutely nothing to do but just stand there and have others come to you for buffs ...The fact about the girl chars being played by boys is very annoying as well, and Yeah you're right, The people in Gala just want your money...After V9 came out they brought in Deleveling and Pk in every server forcing you to buy Blessing Scrolls and whatnot just so you wouldnt die and lose your level. They've killed Flyff and thats some of the reasons why I quit.

Danteís Inferno Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rahzephen View Post
    Also, some of you claim that flyff has more to do. Um..not sure about how flyff is now, but when i played it was PURE grinding. There were a few quests..which included killing creatures.
    Before I start, note that I've quit Flyff when they put V7 online. Didn't plan to, but the update turned out to be considerably worse than expected.

As quests go... they had some for lower levels, but it dropped quickly as you levelled up. For V7, they even *removed* some quests...

All that remained for higher levels was the office quests ("get 70 quest drops from that monster class" --- remember?), which I don't really view as quests. I mean, you even knew what the next office quest would be, and when you would get it. I usually had the items stashed long before that, so when I reached the level I didn't even bother getting it, played to 80%, went to the office lady, got the "quest" and immediatly cashed it in.

Also, as for the only thing that makes flyff unique is the flying system. But when i played, and from what i have heard, it has no real impact on the game. It's just basically a form of transportation. For a game named "FLY for fun" it's kinda disappointing.
    This is VERY true, although flying was also good to take a break without logging out (which would make you loose party).

They did have a bit of aerial combat and "flying exp"; from the looks of it, they had more plans for flying part. The aerial combat is very early experimental development stage, the flying exp has no effect in the game. From the looks of it, they had plans to do more, but never got around to actually do it.

So in the end i think i will have to go with fiesta
    Don't know yet. Have to check the PK situation there... too many PK games lately; Cabal in particular was a disappointment I'd like to avoid :-(

Quote Originally Posted by subz3r0lt View Post
    Fact: Over half of the population of Flyff's girl characters are boys.
    So what? It's a computer game, after all. I tend to refer to the person behind the char has "him", independent of the graphics ("He'll be back soon"); I use he/she if I refer to the character itself ("She can wear that").

I don't know what the current demographics say about male/female players, but I think "over half of the female chars are males" is way too low. Or it makes it look too low; "over half" does include "99%", but sounds much lower.

I do choose the female graphics in many cases myself, if it's not tied to the class, although traditionally any "barbarian" is male unless the gfx is really super bad. That's because the original Kargor was a Barbarian, so a Knight/Figher/Barbarian/Titan/whatever tends to get that name :-) Too bad I'm not playing a lot of melee classes anymore, so most of the more recent Kargors were just mules :-(

For Sword of the New World it was actually quite good, though. I named the family "Kargor", even though it doesn't really work as a last name --- but it also meant I could make a make fighter named "Lord", and finally have a "Lord Kargor" once again :-)
    My current game status
    ( Not playing anythiing these days, seems F2P MMO"RP"Gs have finally pissed me off enough )
    Went back to Cabal for a bit, but PK isn't my thing at all, so I don't know how long I'll stay this time.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

You cant do much in FLYFF except level, Gala have destroyed what was once a good game, shame on them. Havnt yet played Fiesta but i could probably guess its a better game than FLYFF.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Fiesta has lots of cool graphics and things but in FLYFF you can do a lot more.. Like flying... Thats why i pick flyff but if i could pick them both i would

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast