Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ROSE Online possibly going F2P?!

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by hobokiller10
    Name 1 game that's done that.
    There has to be a first of everything.

I personally like cash shop games becuase when I pay I get advantages over normal players. in p2p games everybody is paying and you don't get an advantage for not being cheap. (only problem is p2p games > cash shop games)
    Dunno, it's more fun to be able to look cooler than non payers (like games such as GunZ online).
    I've actually thought about the idea of a p2p and cash shop game before seeing anybody else even mention it. Obviously the items would be A LOT cheaper than normal cash shop games, like items all under 1 dollar. It obviously wouldn't give players huge benefits other than appearance most likley. that way if you don't pay extra your game play experience is only affected by your appearance. This would give players who love the game a chance to show it off, could just add fun effects like glowing armor or other things you can't normally do in the game. I guess all of this is easy for me to say becuase I don't come from a poor family, and I have a job to pay for my mmorpgs, gas, and other fun stuff unlike a lot of people here.

I doubt rose online would be p2p and cash shop, I rarely hear of people playing this game, it can't be doing to swell compared to ragnarok or really any other p2p game. When I played this game when it came out in open beta I really didn't see anything in it that would explain why it's p2p. Really all it is is constant grinding, almost exactly like FlyFF, only thing is ROSE seems to have better graphics, a larger world, and smoother game play. Thoes three things in no way qualify it to be a p2p game though. ROSE online should have never gone p2p, only gone straight to cash shop.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 40

I really hope it goes F2P. This game is like a 3D MS, and I loved playing it in beta.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

I played it when it was in beta. It's not anything like MS to me. It's more like 3d RO. (I play both) I do kinda hope it becomes f2p though. I probally wouldn't play it though cause' I had a pretty high level character.:rolleyes:

'Mind if I defeat you? Can't hear ya!' ~
    モンスター

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 32

Name 1 game that's done that.
    Dark and Light.

Banned Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by hydroxph
    yea they might make it f2p if everyone votes for the item mall, cuz they wouldnt make ppl pay monthly and then have a item mall and make ppl pay more money and no one is stupid enough to pay for both!
    WRONG
    http://www.team-vip.com/
    http://www.lewt.com/
    and look at the prices

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by ddc
    WRONG
    http://www.team-vip.com/
    http://www.lewt.com/
    and look at the prices
    Wtf. Go advertise elsewhere.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 5

I played rose was ok I dont really care either way I just wanted to comment on the 1 guy who said name 1 game that has gone from p2p - f2p with cash shop and the awsner is Knight Online an e-games game.. It was p2p for few months I was one of the people paying was into the game at the time but so many ppl didnt pay that server was sort of dead wars were small by comparison so they went f2p with cash shop and populated thehell out of the game again so it does work rose might be thinking along the right lines.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by the420kid
    I played rose was ok I dont really care either way I just wanted to comment on the 1 guy who said name 1 game that has gone from p2p - f2p with cash shop and the awsner is Knight Online an e-games game.. It was p2p for few months I was one of the people paying was into the game at the time but so many ppl didnt pay that server was sort of dead wars were small by comparison so they went f2p with cash shop and populated thehell out of the game again so it does work rose might be thinking along the right lines.
    I said name 1 game that is P2P AND has a cash shop.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 29

This is a great sign! At least it brings up the possibility of becoming free again! I'd definitely play this game if it became free. I really enjoyed leveling by crafting. =P
    Currently Playing
    Sword Girls ~ Mac2492
    LaTale ~ ShuiLong

Game List Master Reputation: 239

i played in beta and didnt find it pay to play worthy i got annoyed about the wipe then i made a new character and then bye it went :mad: if it goes free i will play i liked it but not enough to pay for it the only game i have payed for is pristontale and i played for a good 3 years but now its not worth playing for it

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

rose was one of the only free mmorpgs which i really liked, woul be nice to see this game free again with item mall

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

lol don't think it will become f2p 'coz gravity didn't anounce it in her annual meeting ^^
    sorry guys

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 10

the transition from p2p to f2p would be like hell. the server would be overwhelmed with so many people playing at one time that it lags a hell lot. not to mention a great increase in people acting as *******s in-game. i'd rather it be p2p.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 27

I said name 1 game that is P2P AND has a cash shop.
    Hm... DarkEden Thai...
    Tantra PH... both are P2P with cash shop.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 10

No i doubt it will be free because somebody say there is a sort of shop if you play allot of hours you get points and you can spend them on some sort of shop.

Chrono's Crony Reputation: 20

****ing happy if it would go f2p!! ><

Banned Reputation: 10

Yes cmon i hope it will be free.. and not p2p with a cash shop it will be suck:mad:

Banned Reputation: 87

If the game is p2p they can't make it item shop......Thats beyond selfish and retarded.No one would play the game then.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

make rose F2P YAYAYAYA

lol

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    If the game is p2p they can't make it item shop......Thats beyond selfish and retarded.No one would play the game then.
    If the items benefit them or are items they can't have in the game without using the Item Mall then they will purchase those items. There are people who are willing to do that use some common sense people.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 11

Hm.. Either they need some more publicity, or they are going down in money.
    That is why they are making Item Mall. This won't mean they won't go F2P, but it kind of makes sense anyway. You're paying for the game (Which I suspect is a monthly fee), and you can buy more items in the Item Mall to boost your character.

It's not beastly at all. I would play WoW actually instead of this anyway.

Banned Reputation: 87

It makes no sense what so ever to pay for a game then pay again to get items.....Then what the hell are you paying for in the first place...If they need players,puting item shop WITH p2p won't help at all.

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    It makes no sense what so ever to pay for a game then pay again to get items.....Then what the hell are you paying for in the first place...If they need players,puting item shop WITH p2p won't help at all.
    Once again, it's an option to buy things from a cash shop, not a requirement.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 11

Quote Originally Posted by No_Life_Gamer
    Once again, it's an option to buy things from a cash shop, not a requirement.
    Why else would they want to add an Item Shop whenever the game has already started? Something must be happening.

I think they need more cash, so they are adding this in.

Pipster's Punk Reputation: 10

But why people shut buy things when they are already paying to play that certant game, and cronna you're avatar is from Squidi.net