Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Making Games Work With Vista

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 15

Default Making Games Work With Vista

As you guys know, vista is supposidly incompatible with a lot of games, here are a few steps i do EVERYGAME before i give up and uninstall it.

1-Right click the icon for the game on the desktop and click properties.

2-Click compatibility

3-Check run this program as administrater, then click the run this program in the compatibility mode of Windows XP SP2

4-Click Apply and than okay.

5-Now you can run the game, it takes a couple times to get all the programs allowed through the firewall, and if u log in and it sticks at connecting, alt tab and see if theres a thing u need to allow, if so, allow it.

Thanks
    Last edited by MagicElf; 07-01-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 72

Windows XP-----Score 1
    Windows Vista---Score 0

Forum PvPer Reputation: 383

agreed Vista a reshahing of windows me,only prettier.

Staff Admin Reputation: 29

Well I stickied it, hope it will help other people.

Moderator since Aug 2004. I am a guy.
    Email me at lothia@gmail.com
    FFXI Tsukisa: 60pld/30War (retired)
    The OnRPG War

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 6

Also , vista will encounter errors while updating Anti-hack systems like nprotect.

To fix this, go into your windows >> web >> host file, edit the file in notepad, and use an alternate ip. (Ive allready done this 3 times, and all 3 times easily found alternate IP's by simply asking in the game's technical support forum)

btw, I get a higher frame rate in my tweaked Vista than I ever did in my tweaked XP. - in pretty much everygame (tweaked as in tweaked, not as in bootleg) (so add another point to vista for that.)

Warioís Bad Accent Reputation: 10

I'm getting rather tired of the Vista bashers. Vista never did anything to you, if you don't have Vista, then don't act like it is inferior in any way. Vista may have it's downs but it has alot of ups too.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 18

Woot I love you guys! Now i can download Vista!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I have vista and I never have any problem running a game. It just like what the topic starter said, just make it to admin. I never get error when updating stuff from nprotect, so it must be something with your computer. I have run many game with vista, so it isn't incompatible with lot of games.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 15

please note this doesnt fix all games, and eventually i will add pictures
    and im freaking out about having a stickied post xD
    Last edited by MagicElf; 09-08-2007 at 01:47 AM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Well i still have trouble playing gunbound on vista maybe someone can help me on that, it like works on some vista computers and some dont... its weird

Current Anime:
    Major
    OnePiece
    Aoki Densetsu Shoot
    Bleach

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 10

hmmm was going to post this good job ^^. i found this out a week ago i reconsidered getting a new computer.
    MMORPGS
    ------------------------------------------
    Flyff-Hitamaru level:39
    Gunz:Akumafire4 level:29
    Grenada espada:Carv:Family:Shinozaki,lvl 18+
    SpaceCowboy: Hitamaru: level 14.
    Currently looking for a mmorpg :P.
    im get me a sig like that /a/c/d/e/f/g/h/j/k/l/m/n/o/p/q/r/s/t/u/v/x/y/z !!!
    Whats wrong with this? there's no /b/ !!!! Chips ahoy ^^

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

well i have had no probs at all with vista all games i play run fine

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

same. Ive had no problems with vista with any games yet. Just takes a little getting use to at first.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 54

Sorry to burst your bubble sunshine, but even games that are supposed to work with this "Compatabilty" mode don't sometimes. Even if they have Anti-Hack programs that are supposed to work with Vista they can fail. Yeah I know you admitted to it not always working with some games, but i'm talking about the games that people say do work. It's different for some people because even though Vista is the same OS on all... well... Vista-Equipped computers, it can run differently so stuff messes up and doesn't work for everyone.

Anyway, i've been using this method for a long time but it seems that the F2P games I love the most don't work with Vista. Or at least games I just want to try again...

EDIT: Is there a way to get Albatross 18 and FlyFF workin' on Vista..? -.-"
    Last edited by Serebii; 09-08-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Banned Reputation: 19

Im sticking with XP SP2 until the very last second. or until I can afford Vista.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 10

I only have one problem with Vista (I have both Vista and XP on my computers so im not being bias in anyway).The problem I have is that there are certain programs that can ONLY run on Vista. I mean im not saying they shouldn't do that because I believe they should. If it will make them more money then hey, why not? But its like saying you were going to a shoe store to buy some shoes. But the employee at the store tells you that you cant buy the shoes unless you buy socks with it.

Also does anyone know if XP will be able to have DX10 on? or will that be another Vista only?

Default wierd

Ok, I play GunZ and Gunbound and just got a new vista computer, i looked on the IJJI page and it said that GunZ was not yet compatible with vista but Gunbound is. I thought ok, well I`ll try them both anyways. It ended up that GunZ worked fine but Gunbound doesn`t. I installed the auto installer and then i went and installed Gunbound. When I hit the play button it shows the connecting thing, and then eventually the screen with events and messages and the `start` button. I click it then n protect pops up and then it loads and stuff then it disappears and nothing happens. On the bottom of my screen there will be the little thing showing a screen open with it but when i put my mouse over it to show what the window looks like itís just a grey block and eventually it says it`s not responding, does anybody else have this problem or more importantly, no how to fix it? Please help, I need to play Gunbound.

Just wanted to know...What games DO work with Vista? Even if it is using this way, tell me.
    Because I'm getting a new computer sooo...don't wanna buy both genuine XP and genuine Vista..

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

in my experience every game has worked. Of course i haven't tried gunz yet, but vista is compatible with most.

Thanks. I was kinda scared that most wouldn't work...

Is there a way to get Albatross 18 and FlyFF workin' on Vista..? -.-"

All i did was change albatross resolution to windowed mode and exit the game
    then restart it an change it back to fs works just fine.

and alb s3 installed an works correctly changing nothing
    Last edited by Totaldevil; 10-11-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    agreed Vista a reshahing of windows me,only prettier.
    Haha that made me laugh its people like you that have no clue that scares people I NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES WITH VISTA! If you give it the power it needs it will run as good or better then XP, Yes I am talking about games and everything else as well.... Unless you are willing to upgrade your system don't ***** you only make yourself appear as you are, an idiot..... As gamers you should be upgrading as is as Vista is sadly the future where games and new technology is heading like it or not its here and its here to stay!

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

FlyFF requires no additional configuration to work in Vista. Like all MMOs (or anything that has an online patcher), make sure it's set to run as Administrator.

If you can't run FlyFF, then blame not the OS and look elsewhere for why it will not work as I have it running on two separate Vista PCs with no problems.

Actually, the only game I've ever ran on Vista that I've had problems with (and I haven't even been able to test it on an XP setup to see if it's even a problem with Vista) is RF Online. I get numerous CTDs. Oh, and RAN Online says that I don't have DirectX 9.0c (duh, I have DX10 haha).

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonatural View Post
    FlyFF requires no additional configuration to work in Vista. Like all MMOs (or anything that has an online patcher), make sure it's set to run as Administrator.

If you can't run FlyFF, then blame not the OS and look elsewhere for why it will not work as I have it running on two separate Vista PCs with no problems.

Actually, the only game I've ever ran on Vista that I've had problems with (and I haven't even been able to test it on an XP setup to see if it's even a problem with Vista) is RF Online. I get numerous CTDs. Oh, and RAN Online says that I don't have DirectX 9.0c (duh, I have DX10 haha).
    Ya RF works on mine just Flyff doesn't due to the game devs blaming my driver when infact its their game needing fixed :P

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Here is a quick one go right-click on your game icon on your desktop then go to properties and then go to compatibility and tick on the box that said "Run this program as an administrator" Tab.