Making Games Work With Vista

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 10

hmmm was going to post this good job ^^. i found this out a week ago i reconsidered getting a new computer.
    MMORPGS
    ------------------------------------------
    Flyff-Hitamaru level9
    Gunz:Akumafire4 level:29
    Grenada espada:Carv:Family:Shinozaki,lvl 18+
    SpaceCowboy: Hitamaru: level 14.
    Currently looking for a mmorpg :P.
    im get me a sig like that /a/c/d/e/f/g/h/j/k/l/m/n/o/p/q/r/s/t/u/v/x/y/z !!!
    Whats wrong with this? there's no /b/ !!!! Chips ahoy ^^

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 11

well i have had no probs at all with vista all games i play run fine

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

same. Ive had no problems with vista with any games yet. Just takes a little getting use to at first.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 44

Sorry to burst your bubble sunshine, but even games that are supposed to work with this "Compatabilty" mode don't sometimes. Even if they have Anti-Hack programs that are supposed to work with Vista they can fail. Yeah I know you admitted to it not always working with some games, but i'm talking about the games that people say do work. It's different for some people because even though Vista is the same OS on all... well... Vista-Equipped computers, it can run differently so stuff messes up and doesn't work for everyone.

Anyway, i've been using this method for a long time but it seems that the F2P games I love the most don't work with Vista. Or at least games I just want to try again...

EDIT: Is there a way to get Albatross 18 and FlyFF workin' on Vista..? -.-"
    Last edited by Serebii; 09-08-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Banned Reputation: 19

Im sticking with XP SP2 until the very last second. or until I can afford Vista.

Pellet Eater Reputation: 10

I only have one problem with Vista (I have both Vista and XP on my computers so im not being bias in anyway).The problem I have is that there are certain programs that can ONLY run on Vista. I mean im not saying they shouldn't do that because I believe they should. If it will make them more money then hey, why not? But its like saying you were going to a shoe store to buy some shoes. But the employee at the store tells you that you cant buy the shoes unless you buy socks with it.

Also does anyone know if XP will be able to have DX10 on? or will that be another Vista only?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default wierd

Ok, I play GunZ and Gunbound and just got a new vista computer, i looked on the IJJI page and it said that GunZ was not yet compatible with vista but Gunbound is. I thought ok, well I`ll try them both anyways. It ended up that GunZ worked fine but Gunbound doesn`t. I installed the auto installer and then i went and installed Gunbound. When I hit the play button it shows the connecting thing, and then eventually the screen with events and messages and the `start` button. I click it then n protect pops up and then it loads and stuff then it disappears and nothing happens. On the bottom of my screen there will be the little thing showing a screen open with it but when i put my mouse over it to show what the window looks like it’s just a grey block and eventually it says it`s not responding, does anybody else have this problem or more importantly, no how to fix it? Please help, I need to play Gunbound.

Just wanted to know...What games DO work with Vista? Even if it is using this way, tell me.
    Because I'm getting a new computer sooo...don't wanna buy both genuine XP and genuine Vista..

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

in my experience every game has worked. Of course i haven't tried gunz yet, but vista is compatible with most.

Thanks. I was kinda scared that most wouldn't work...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast