Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 102

Thread: Making Games Work With Vista

  1. #51
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 22
    whocarezzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    C:\, and proud of it.
    Posts
    1,907
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    hey guys not exactly an on topic question sorry but here it goes

    i'm considering to upgrade my pc from xp to vista for better graphics
    it has AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5200+, 2 gigs of ram and 8800GTS
    if i switch to vista will i experience a noticable system slow down? like is 2 gigs of ram enough to run it smoothly?

  2. #52
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10
    Icharou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,097
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whocarezzz View Post
    hey guys not exactly an on topic question sorry but here it goes

    i'm considering to upgrade my pc from xp to vista for better graphics
    it has AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5200+, 2 gigs of ram and 8800GTS
    if i switch to vista will i experience a noticable system slow down? like is 2 gigs of ram enough to run it smoothly?
    I think you need 4 GB of ram to run Windows Vista Ultimate at FULL speed? I can be wrong.

  3. #53
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 140
    MageMoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,573
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whocarezzz View Post
    hey guys not exactly an on topic question sorry but here it goes

    i'm considering to upgrade my pc from xp to vista for better graphics
    it has AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5200+, 2 gigs of ram and 8800GTS
    if i switch to vista will i experience a noticable system slow down? like is 2 gigs of ram enough to run it smoothly?
    You are a fool if you switch over. Just keep XP till windows 07 comes out....
    I'm only one voice in a million, but you ain't taking that from me!

  4. #54
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 22
    whocarezzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    C:\, and proud of it.
    Posts
    1,907
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MageMoa View Post
    You are a fool if you switch over. Just keep XP till windows 07 comes out....
    serious?
    why?
    and windows 07...?

  5. #55
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 10
    Icharou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,097
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MageMoa View Post
    You are a fool if you switch over. Just keep XP till windows 07 comes out....
    Does Windows 2007 excist? Damn, I lived under I rock I guess?

  6. #56
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 22
    whocarezzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    C:\, and proud of it.
    Posts
    1,907
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    okay so we didnt get his joke...

    any opinions from users switched from xp to vista?

  7. #57
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    i have both XP and Vista systems. my vista system has better hardware specs than one of my xp systems yet runs MUCH SLOWER. I will NOT game on vista because currant video drivers have not matured enough to run smoothly with vista and vista is such a huge resource hog it makes playing a game, that on xp runs perfectly, lag horribly.


  8. #58
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 17
    Rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I recently got Vista. Had lag issues with Shaiya that I haven't had before....until I turned the background music off and it works just fine now I also have Fury (now that I have a system that can run it) and it runs as smooth as anything with no lag and no issues. Don't be scared of vista and don't be lazy either...take the time to tweak and ask for help.

  9. #59
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    vista is bad in general stay wif XP

    still /spit vista
    Last edited by krusnik01; 01-18-2008 at 11:37 PM. Reason: -=Doublepost=-

  10. #60
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    before i used vista and it has lot of bugs but when i updated my system is seems that the bugs were lessened.. but i prefer to use windows xp.. because i used to it.. maybe i'll use when xp became obsolete.. ^_^

  11. #61
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mog View Post
    Ok, I play GunZ and Gunbound and just got a new vista computer, i looked on the IJJI page and it said that GunZ was not yet compatible with vista but Gunbound is. I thought ok, well I`ll try them both anyways. It ended up that GunZ worked fine but Gunbound doesn`t. I installed the auto installer and then i went and installed Gunbound. When I hit the play button it shows the connecting thing, and then eventually the screen with events and messages and the `start` button. I click it then n protect pops up and then it loads and stuff then it disappears and nothing happens. On the bottom of my screen there will be the little thing showing a screen open with it but when i put my mouse over it to show what the window looks like itís just a grey block and eventually it says it`s not responding, does anybody else have this problem or more importantly, no how to fix it? Please help, I need to play Gunbound.

    Did anyone figure this out? I have the exact same problem that is described...

  12. #62
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 30

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,878
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Step 1 - Format



    Step 2 - Install Xp



    Step 3 - Enjoy

  13. #63
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 28
    Exeunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    2,245
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Totally Freakin' Awesome

  14. #64
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    archangel_iza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    house of horror
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    more practical procedure from zeroburrito.. i agree to it.. ^_^

  15. #65
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,031
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    out of all the games i've played on vista, the only one that still has a bug is trickster with the sound problem. I have to run a audio program before i play otherwise my audio driver fails on me and i have to reinstall it.

    other than that...no problems. I like it better than XP
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  16. #66
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10
    archangel_iza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    house of horror
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    i think that it would take some time ti'll all get fixed in vista.

  17. #67
    Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 15
    MagicElf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    VT Baby
    Posts
    444
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Wow, still stickied came back for a bit, suprised to see its still here, should probably update it a bit... but lazeh.

  18. #68
    Retired Staff Reputation: 714
    SnOwBunZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hamster's closet.
    Posts
    12,751
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archangel_iza View Post
    i think that it would take some time ti'll all get fixed in vista.
    well vista was buggy in the beginning, but tell me... wich program wasnt in the beginning?

  19. #69
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167
    cyber7chink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Missouri USA
    Posts
    9,576
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    It seems the sticky is missing another important feature that is in Vista and XP.

    DEP-Data Execution Prevention

    Every game that is listed "unplayable" in this thread is playable. Just make allowances in your DEP. Every game I have played, I can play on Vista.
    Last edited by cyber7chink; 03-26-2008 at 11:44 AM.

  20. #70
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    This is the only cause i hate using vista.

  21. #71
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    All games run fine on vista for me, plus Vista is much faster than XP, people who slag vista off only do it because they probably haven't got it, like the 360 and PS3 people slag the ps3 because they can afford the 360 and not the PS3, same as Vista and XP. I can play games perfectly but not install them perfectly

    P.S I'm having a problem when i double click the installer it takes like 20 mins for the Allow/Cancel thing to pop up, ne1 know how to fix this.

  22. #72
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 82
    TheWiseGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Onrpg
    Posts
    4,656
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalum2k7 View Post
    All games run fine on vista for me, plus Vista is much faster than XP, people who slag vista off only do it because they probably haven't got it, like the 360 and PS3 people slag the ps3 because they can afford the 360 and not the PS3, same as Vista and XP. I can play games perfectly but not install them perfectly

    P.S I'm having a problem when i double click the installer it takes like 20 mins for the Allow/Cancel thing to pop up, ne1 know how to fix this.
    have you tried out every game??...just because the games youve tried work doesnt mean all of them work.....think before you speak i have both vista and xp...i uninstalled vista and think it was a waste of money since i cant play a lot of games without getting errors......some games couldnt even install......only good part of xp is its GUI and you can get that on xp as well

  23. #73
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 167
    cyber7chink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Missouri USA
    Posts
    9,576
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy View Post
    have you tried out every game??...just because the games youve tried work doesnt mean all of them work.....think before you speak i have both vista and xp...i uninstalled vista and think it was a waste of money since i cant play a lot of games without getting errors......some games couldnt even install......only good part of xp is its GUI and you can get that on xp as well
    Every game that anyone talks about not working on Vista on this forum, works on Vista. I tried them all.

  24. #74
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Actually people Vista will run faster for multi-core processors but Xp will always beat Vista in older PC's. As Vista was designed for the multi-core setup as Xp doesn't support it the only reason to go vista is to maximize CPU utilization on multi-core CPU's and DX10. Otherwise stay with XP it needs less hardware power than Vista ever will.

    BTW Windows 7 not 07 is rumored to be close to release so the suggestion to wait for Windows 7 is actually one recommended by most techs.

  25. #75
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    o.o vista ... just buy an apple computer microsoft is a rip off company runned by a money loving freak

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •