Making Games Work With Vista

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Is there a way to get Albatross 18 and FlyFF workin' on Vista..? -.-"

All i did was change albatross resolution to windowed mode and exit the game
    then restart it an change it back to fs works just fine.

and alb s3 installed an works correctly changing nothing
    Last edited by Totaldevil; 10-11-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    agreed Vista a reshahing of windows me,only prettier.
    Haha that made me laugh its people like you that have no clue that scares people I NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES WITH VISTA! If you give it the power it needs it will run as good or better then XP, Yes I am talking about games and everything else as well.... Unless you are willing to upgrade your system don't ***** you only make yourself appear as you are, an idiot..... As gamers you should be upgrading as is as Vista is sadly the future where games and new technology is heading like it or not its here and its here to stay!

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

FlyFF requires no additional configuration to work in Vista. Like all MMOs (or anything that has an online patcher), make sure it's set to run as Administrator.

If you can't run FlyFF, then blame not the OS and look elsewhere for why it will not work as I have it running on two separate Vista PCs with no problems.

Actually, the only game I've ever ran on Vista that I've had problems with (and I haven't even been able to test it on an XP setup to see if it's even a problem with Vista) is RF Online. I get numerous CTDs. Oh, and RAN Online says that I don't have DirectX 9.0c (duh, I have DX10 haha).

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonatural View Post
    FlyFF requires no additional configuration to work in Vista. Like all MMOs (or anything that has an online patcher), make sure it's set to run as Administrator.

If you can't run FlyFF, then blame not the OS and look elsewhere for why it will not work as I have it running on two separate Vista PCs with no problems.

Actually, the only game I've ever ran on Vista that I've had problems with (and I haven't even been able to test it on an XP setup to see if it's even a problem with Vista) is RF Online. I get numerous CTDs. Oh, and RAN Online says that I don't have DirectX 9.0c (duh, I have DX10 haha).
    Ya RF works on mine just Flyff doesn't due to the game devs blaming my driver when infact its their game needing fixed :P

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

Here is a quick one go right-click on your game icon on your desktop then go to properties and then go to compatibility and tick on the box that said "Run this program as an administrator" Tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjow1982 View Post
    Here is a quick one go right-click on your game icon on your desktop then go to properties and then go to compatibility and tick on the box that said "Run this program as an administrator" Tab.

Ummmmmm I run windows as an admin account as I am not stupid enough to **** anything up LOL it has nothing to do with that. However others may find this advice applicable.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 0

I'm using vista on my computer, though I really don't think it's a good choice, there are actually many problems with compatability with lots of programs, hate it. I will reinstall and back my window me next time.

Warioís Bad Accent Reputation: 10

Yes, the longer you have it, the more you start to hate it because of it's cons. When I first got it, I was so excited because it had alot of new features. But then, when I realized that all I got was a bunch of things I will never use and a bunch of stuff that I can't do like i did on XP, well, it just sucks.

I'm betting they are going to offer downgrades to vista users, then stop making vista systems. Happening in Hong Kong already(or was it Korea?)

Quote Originally Posted by alphamage View Post
    Yes, the longer you have it, the more you start to hate it because of it's cons. When I first got it, I was so excited because it had alot of new features. But then, when I realized that all I got was a bunch of things I will never use and a bunch of stuff that I can't do like i did on XP, well, it just sucks.

I'm betting they are going to offer downgrades to vista users, then stop making vista systems. Happening in Hong Kong already(or was it Korea?)
    Its not happening anywhere Vista is here and here to stay... Sorry upgrade your systems then vista will run better then Xp would ever even try to trust me runs perfect on my system 10x faster then xp no problems with any games or programs so all your comments mean one thing..... You have old non Vista certified hardware upgrade and it will be better

Pellet Eater Reputation: 10

Where did you hear this? Can we get a source?

Its not happening anywhere Vista is here and here to stay... Sorry upgrade your systems then vista will run better then Xp would ever even try to trust me runs perfect on my system 10x faster then xp no problems with any games or programs so all your comments mean one thing..... You have old non Vista certified hardware upgrade and it will be better
    Sorry to say this but, your sounding a bit like a Vista fanboy. He didn't say anything about Vista being slower than XP. And about vista being 10X quicker than XP on your PC sounds like a load of crap but could somehow be true but I'm not about to believe it.

Requirements for XP (Professional):

PC with 300 megahertz or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233 MHz minimum required
    128 megabytes (M of RAM or higher recommended

Requirements for Vista (Home Basic):

1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    512 MB of system memory

Basically Vista needs more than double the CPU and RAM power than XP does. Im not saying your a lier but I dont believe it.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast