Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Default Got me thinking

Taken from here;

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=950977

Quote Originally Posted by carrot
    Bandits suxors.

FACTS:
    - Bandits (Dagger Rogues) are the worst 1st job'ers. Ever.
    - Leveling from 30-40 with a Mastery build can leave you lying under your bed sobbing. (The same may apply to the SB-first build, but I've never done that).
    - Since bandits have terrible range, bandits can and will be ksed out of popular maps, ie: Zombies.
    - Dagger scrolls are expensive, and are comparable to claw scrolls. I have no idea why, because:
    - Bandits don't make money. Melee means bump damage meaning HP pots are needed, as well as lots of MP pots for that blasted -27 MP SB costs us.
    - Bandits are freakin' weak. This is relative. Also, please don't tell me you can outdamage your level 32 cleric friend.
    - Bandits don't have any moves that make them useful in parties. Haste? Hermits have it, and they favored over bandits because they have Meso Up, and deal quicker, stronger damage.
    - 50% of bandit players are buttheads. I'm not claiming I'm not, but sheesh. 60% of all the "ccplz"'s I get are from bandits at Zombies. Somehow, being the underdog class (and I emphasize underdog) made us arrogant and nasty. Oh well.
    - Bandits are flamed. Dunno why, deal with it.
    - Hermit > CB. DK > CB. WK> CB. Crusader> CB. Ranger > CB. Sniper > CB. Priest > CB. Mage > CB. Beginner < CB (orly?)

MYTHS:
    >BANDITZ R G3T BETTERZ LATER
    -In terms of versatility, yes. But the damage still sucks. Ludi is a bandit hater. Once you hit 3rd job, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass. If you thought Zombie channel hunting was bad enough, have fun in Ludi, looking for a freakin' priest. Without a priest, you'll take massive damage, meaning you need to OD on pots. Have priests friends? They'll be too busy with DK's to deal with your whining. Ludi monsters have delicious def. My SB on a DT really looks retarded. Assualter doesn't work on fat-ass Dualies or Vikings.
    >B4NDITZ R FUN
    -This may be the case if you've decided to play on your friend's bandit. But it's very different if you own a bandit. Sure, SB is fun. But its loud and obnoxious. Assualter looks hawt! But it's slow and annoying. Meso Guard saves your butt! But drains the money from your pocket without you realizing it. You're friends will all level faster, provided that they aren't a Ranger/Sniper or a CB.
    >MESO GURDZ IS GR8 MOV3 AND PWNZ ALL
    - No. Just because its awfully useful, it doesn't make it a great move. Sounds contradicting? Well, bandits have this move because we NEED it. Do you see Hermits dying left and right because they lack Meso Guard? Hell no. And they have the same HP too.
    >MESO EXPLOZIONZ (aka MESO BOM CAN KEEL CRIMSONSS ROGG. IS BEST SKILZL. CB ARE OWN BOSS
    - Sure. Just don't do it channel 1 where Noobs can loot you. The only reason why we can take on Crimson earlier than some other classes, is because of Meso Guard/Meso Explosion. As soon as the other classes reach that level where C.Rog is added to their hitlist, you'll be KSed. Face it. Meso Explosion is useless. When Pickpocket makes 1 meso pop out of a zombie's ass (which DOES happen), and you explode for 14 damage, you might feel bad. Maxed out Meso Explosion and maxed out Pickpocket is nice to watch, but not great. And let's look BEYOND Crimson Balrog (cuz it R nub plz). Thanatos = Hermit Fodder. Gate = pwnzors CB's.
    >BANDIT R UNIQ CLAZ AND R BETTR THAN SINZ
    - I see a LOT of bandits now. I don't know where they came from or how they came to be, but they've arrived. Although bandits will never match up to the sin population, the numbers ARE growing. You are no longer special. So if you're looking for a class that no one plays, play a BW Page, please. There are around 2 of those in Scania.
    >CB WILL BE GUD 4TH JOB
    - Probably not. Wizet loves money. They charge you more than a dollar to speak (Super Megaphone). Freaking Communists. In any case, MS is maybe around 25% sin. That's not a tested figure, it's just what it feels like. (Someone get some real figures please). When 4th job comes out in 2042, people will have quit already. Therefore, Hermits and DK's will own during 4th job (in order to entice those players to come back), and the least played classes (Snipers, CB's) will get ownzored, since there are only 4 people left playing either classes. This logic is obvious, and everyone knows that it's gonna happen.
    If somehow, CB's become godly during 4th job, I'll go to church everyday, become a vegan, shave my head, and never get married.

BOTTOM LINE:

Don't make a bandit if you are planning to do so. If you have a high level bandit, consider starting over again. (Hermit plz) If you don't wanna start over, hope for the best, because I am.

edit: Oh yeah. I'd like to mention I have a 8x CB, and I have a vague idea of what I'm talking about.

edit2: LOOK! Idiosyncrasy: "some good points here for those future banditters...
    as in KMS you cannot find any CB in top 100 or 1000 maybe lol (because they are smart and know that CB sux)"

This really got me thinking, Cause, I'm not the type to like it when I have to worry about training and stuff like that, This might be the end for Monosyllabic the Bandit, Just possibly.

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

lol bet he said that in the mirror so he agrees with himself

i personally think its a bit exaggerated

Banned Reputation: 10

That is exactly why I made a sin. Bandits suck because they are melee and dont get a ranged attack.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 10

yeah, this is seriously an underestimation of the bandit. they are just as fun as an assassin. they do very stable damage. Assassins are nothing without critical. Banidts are screwed over by wizet, but not by as much this guy says. Also, the weakest class aint bandits, its clerics. (no offense)

I think its just a matter of personal interest.
    Last edited by NINJADUDEv.2; 06-22-2006 at 04:08 AM.

"Is shooting bullets just not cool enough? Buy a Maliwan and light some people on fire!"

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

bandits don't suck. trust me, my cousin has a lvl 80 chief bandit on KMS and he's making good money, lvling fast and even made his own guild. Ive seen him train, he trains at mixed golems, all he does is savage blow and assulter over and over again. it took him no time to get from 70-80. Im actually a lttle jealous because he's 2 years younger than me.
    "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spritual fervor, serving the Lord." (Romans 12:11)

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 14

And i was training a bandit...i should have made what i was thinking...making a sin :P But i guess its too late now so ill continue to feed him on tails and wish for happiness
    Maplestory
    Cyraan : 102 Khaini hermit
    Cryaan : 53 Khaini Aran
    LadyCyrus : 71 Khaini Blaze wizard
    Rainyn : 34 Khaini Gunslinger

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 11

Why did you make this same thread twice, except with different names?

Anyways, I really don't give a damn about what this guy thinks. I'm still leveling my bandit.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Ok, I doubt that guy got a bandit to 3rd job. I see so many people judging stuff when they don't even know for sure. I don't even have a bandit and I still disagree with him.
    "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spritual fervor, serving the Lord." (Romans 12:11)

Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by Arcteryx
    Why did you make this same thread twice, except with different names?

Anyways, I really don't give a damn about what this guy thinks. I'm still leveling my bandit.
    also it couldn't of been him pressing submit twice as they were named slightly different but meh whatever just locked the other one

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by LightningWizard
    That is exactly why I made a sin. Bandits suck because they are melee and dont get a ranged attack.
    Bandits do not suck, they are very quick actually, i can ks some assassins if its in mobs. WIth haste + dagger booster its a wicked combo. Don't judge bandits because of what you see and hear, play it for yourself.
    Scania
    AznRice13oi - lvl 50 Bandit
    Old beta...
    1AznPr1de lvl 53 assassin.. Good old days x_x

Left side is beta>Right side is oms..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast