I'll pick this apart from my own personal perspective.
- Bandits (Dagger Rogues) are the worst 1st job'ers. Ever.
It wasn't that bad for me, I didn't mind it that much.
- Leveling from 30-40 with a Mastery build can leave you lying under your bed sobbing. (The same may apply to the SB-first build, but I've never done that).
Again, it wasn't THAT bad. Mastery helps a lot as a pure bandit, and makes training much easier during this period.
- Since bandits have terrible range, bandits can and will be ksed out of popular maps, ie: Zombies.
I'd say this is false... It's been ages since I've trained, but generally very few people will bother you if you have haste. Sure an assassin can match speed, but if he can't kill in one hit, you can easily win a battle of willpower against most KSers.
- Dagger scrolls are expensive, and are comparable to claw scrolls. I have no idea why, because:
I never followed claw prices much, but dagger scrolls ARE pretty expensive. Lately in Bera I've seen 60% dagger scrolls that actually sold for 1-1.1 mill. They used to be about 700k before this inflation.
- Bandits don't make money. Melee means bump damage meaning HP pots are needed, as well as lots of MP pots for that blasted -27 MP SB costs us.
Quite true. Below 3rd job, you can usually train without spending TOO much on money, and once you can 2 hit zombies, you pretty much make money (no matter how little) there. Any monsters stronger than zombies, and you might be losing money unless you find some good drops.
- Bandits are freakin' weak. This is relative. Also, please don't tell me you can outdamage your level 32 cleric friend.
For 3rd job, true. In 2nd job, bandits have nice damage, about on par with assassins or some other classes.
- Bandits don't have any moves that make them useful in parties. Haste? Hermits have it, and they favored over bandits because they have Meso Up, and deal quicker, stronger damage.
Sounds true, but I've never stuck around high level parties. In 3rd job, Hermits will generally outdamage bandits on single targets. Since they have distance between enemies, they have a bit higher survivability (provided they don't get 1HKO by a monster)
- 50% of bandit players are buttheads. I'm not claiming I'm not, but sheesh. 60% of all the "ccplz"'s I get are from bandits at Zombies. Somehow, being the underdog class (and I emphasize underdog) made us arrogant and nasty. Oh well.
I never liked other bandits much, but not because of their attitude. In 2nd job, they probably do get carried away with SB and Haste and their decent damage. I can't offer any other opinion on this, since I haven't trained in months. I stopped training long before 'ccplz' was common.
- Bandits are flamed. Dunno why, deal with it.
Again, not much of an opinion here.
- Hermit > CB. DK > CB. WK> CB. Crusader> CB. Ranger > CB. Sniper > CB. Priest > CB. Mage > CB. Beginner < CB (orly?)
Hermit I'd say is true due to damage. Same goes for Dragon Knights and White Knights. I've seen very few crusaders in action, so I don't have much of an opinion here. Rangers and Snipers definitely outdamage us. Priests? More people want a good priest than a good bandit to train with. Mages? I don't see much of them. Fire mages deal good damage, and Ice mages freeze, which looks extremely useful.
>BANDITZ R G3T BETTERZ LATER
-In terms of versatility, yes. But the damage still sucks. Ludi is a bandit hater. Once you hit 3rd job, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass. If you thought Zombie channel hunting was bad enough, have fun in Ludi, looking for a freakin' priest. Without a priest, you'll take massive damage, meaning you need to OD on pots. Have priests friends? They'll be too busy with DK's to deal with your whining. Ludi monsters have delicious def. My SB on a DT really looks retarded. Assualter doesn't work on fat-ass Dualies or Vikings.
Seems mostly true, no disagreement here.
>B4NDITZ R FUN
-This may be the case if you've decided to play on your friend's bandit. But it's very different if you own a bandit. Sure, SB is fun. But its loud and obnoxious. Assualter looks hawt! But it's slow and annoying. Meso Guard saves your butt! But drains the money from your pocket without you realizing it. You're friends will all level faster, provided that they aren't a Ranger/Sniper or a CB.
Mostly true again. All other classes look fun when you haven't played it. Being a bandit can be enjoyable sometimes, but the low damage and lack of affordable high level training will get you down rather easily. All skills get old after time.
>MESO GURDZ IS GR8 MOV3 AND PWNZ ALL
- No. Just because its awfully useful, it doesn't make it a great move. Sounds contradicting? Well, bandits have this move because we NEED it. Do you see Hermits dying left and right because they lack Meso Guard? Hell no. And they have the same HP too.
Meso Guard rules. However, if you're using it for the sole purpose of survivability in a party with a priest, it's unavoidable money spent. Heal won't give you back the money that is used from the skill.
>MESO EXPLOZIONZ (aka MESO BOM CAN KEEL CRIMSONSS ROGG. IS BEST SKILZL. CB ARE OWN BOSS
- Sure. Just don't do it channel 1 where Noobs can loot you. The only reason why we can take on Crimson earlier than some other classes, is because of Meso Guard/Meso Explosion. As soon as the other classes reach that level where C.Rog is added to their hitlist, you'll be KSed. Face it. Meso Explosion is useless. When Pickpocket makes 1 meso pop out of a zombie's ass (which DOES happen), and you explode for 14 damage, you might feel bad. Maxed out Meso Explosion and maxed out Pickpocket is nice to watch, but not great. And let's look BEYOND Crimson Balrog (cuz it R nub plz). Thanatos = Hermit Fodder. Gate = pwnzors CB's.
Yeah, I'd have to agree that meso explosion is overrated. It can be fun at times, but that's mostly it. By the time you get at least one point in meso guard, you can fight crimson rog the honorable way without using cheap explosions.
>BANDIT R UNIQ CLAZ AND R BETTR THAN SINZ
- I see a LOT of bandits now. I don't know where they came from or how they came to be, but they've arrived. Although bandits will never match up to the sin population, the numbers ARE growing. You are no longer special. So if you're looking for a class that no one plays, play a BW Page, please. There are around 2 of those in Scania.
I never saw bandits as unique, ever since I started mine in Bera, I'd seen several other bandits as I progressed. Definitely much more common than I ever saw in Beta though.
>CB WILL BE GUD 4TH JOB
- Probably not. Wizet loves money. They charge you more than a dollar to speak (Super Megaphone). Freaking Communists. In any case, MS is maybe around 25% sin. That's not a tested figure, it's just what it feels like. (Someone get some real figures please). When 4th job comes out in 2042, people will have quit already. Therefore, Hermits and DK's will own during 4th job (in order to entice those players to come back), and the least played classes (Snipers, CB's) will get ownzored, since there are only 4 people left playing either classes. This logic is obvious, and everyone knows that it's gonna happen.
If somehow, CB's become godly during 4th job, I'll go to church everyday, become a vegan, shave my head, and never get married.
4th job is irrelevant in any argument since it simply isn't out yet. Until anybody knows what the REAL skills are, this should be left out of any conversation.
This is 2nd job thinking. Once you start comparing 3rd job classes for what they really are, you'll definitely see chief bandits as being weak or little use compared to other classes. In 2nd job, they're just fine. Stable damage, powerful, fast. This is practically everyone's view on the bandit.Originally Posted by NINJADUDEv.2
A recent sleepywood.net poll has voted Chief Bandits as the WORST third job class, taking 30% of the votes. In comparison, fire/poison mages come in 2nd at 23% of the vote.
Well he did say he had an 8x bandit, though I guess you don't have to believe it.Originally Posted by joonyung
Bottom line is, when people argue that bandits suck, they're speaking mostly in terms of 3rd job. If you're not a bandit, then your opinion is generally rendered invalid in such a discussion, same goes for bandits who aren't 3rd job. Trust me, it's one of those things that you just have to experience for yourself to fully understand. Watching videos and screenshots won't give you this understanding.
SW.net never fails to amaze me with level 4x people (mages, assassins, bandits, whatever) trying to tell experienced chief bandits how good their skills are.
And that's it for now...