Got me thinking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

I'll pick this apart from my own personal perspective.

- Bandits (Dagger Rogues) are the worst 1st job'ers. Ever.
    It wasn't that bad for me, I didn't mind it that much.

- Leveling from 30-40 with a Mastery build can leave you lying under your bed sobbing. (The same may apply to the SB-first build, but I've never done that).
    Again, it wasn't THAT bad. Mastery helps a lot as a pure bandit, and makes training much easier during this period.

- Since bandits have terrible range, bandits can and will be ksed out of popular maps, ie: Zombies.
    I'd say this is false... It's been ages since I've trained, but generally very few people will bother you if you have haste. Sure an assassin can match speed, but if he can't kill in one hit, you can easily win a battle of willpower against most KSers.

- Dagger scrolls are expensive, and are comparable to claw scrolls. I have no idea why, because:
    I never followed claw prices much, but dagger scrolls ARE pretty expensive. Lately in Bera I've seen 60% dagger scrolls that actually sold for 1-1.1 mill. They used to be about 700k before this inflation.

- Bandits don't make money. Melee means bump damage meaning HP pots are needed, as well as lots of MP pots for that blasted -27 MP SB costs us.
    Quite true. Below 3rd job, you can usually train without spending TOO much on money, and once you can 2 hit zombies, you pretty much make money (no matter how little) there. Any monsters stronger than zombies, and you might be losing money unless you find some good drops.

- Bandits are freakin' weak. This is relative. Also, please don't tell me you can outdamage your level 32 cleric friend.
    For 3rd job, true. In 2nd job, bandits have nice damage, about on par with assassins or some other classes.

- Bandits don't have any moves that make them useful in parties. Haste? Hermits have it, and they favored over bandits because they have Meso Up, and deal quicker, stronger damage.
    Sounds true, but I've never stuck around high level parties. In 3rd job, Hermits will generally outdamage bandits on single targets. Since they have distance between enemies, they have a bit higher survivability (provided they don't get 1HKO by a monster)

- 50% of bandit players are buttheads. I'm not claiming I'm not, but sheesh. 60% of all the "ccplz"'s I get are from bandits at Zombies. Somehow, being the underdog class (and I emphasize underdog) made us arrogant and nasty. Oh well.
    I never liked other bandits much, but not because of their attitude. In 2nd job, they probably do get carried away with SB and Haste and their decent damage. I can't offer any other opinion on this, since I haven't trained in months. I stopped training long before 'ccplz' was common.

- Bandits are flamed. Dunno why, deal with it.
    Again, not much of an opinion here.

- Hermit > CB. DK > CB. WK> CB. Crusader> CB. Ranger > CB. Sniper > CB. Priest > CB. Mage > CB. Beginner < CB (orly?)
    Hermit I'd say is true due to damage. Same goes for Dragon Knights and White Knights. I've seen very few crusaders in action, so I don't have much of an opinion here. Rangers and Snipers definitely outdamage us. Priests? More people want a good priest than a good bandit to train with. Mages? I don't see much of them. Fire mages deal good damage, and Ice mages freeze, which looks extremely useful.

>BANDITZ R G3T BETTERZ LATER
    -In terms of versatility, yes. But the damage still sucks. Ludi is a bandit hater. Once you hit 3rd job, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass. If you thought Zombie channel hunting was bad enough, have fun in Ludi, looking for a freakin' priest. Without a priest, you'll take massive damage, meaning you need to OD on pots. Have priests friends? They'll be too busy with DK's to deal with your whining. Ludi monsters have delicious def. My SB on a DT really looks retarded. Assualter doesn't work on fat-ass Dualies or Vikings.

Seems mostly true, no disagreement here.

>B4NDITZ R FUN
    -This may be the case if you've decided to play on your friend's bandit. But it's very different if you own a bandit. Sure, SB is fun. But its loud and obnoxious. Assualter looks hawt! But it's slow and annoying. Meso Guard saves your butt! But drains the money from your pocket without you realizing it. You're friends will all level faster, provided that they aren't a Ranger/Sniper or a CB.

Mostly true again. All other classes look fun when you haven't played it. Being a bandit can be enjoyable sometimes, but the low damage and lack of affordable high level training will get you down rather easily. All skills get old after time.

>MESO GURDZ IS GR8 MOV3 AND PWNZ ALL
    - No. Just because its awfully useful, it doesn't make it a great move. Sounds contradicting? Well, bandits have this move because we NEED it. Do you see Hermits dying left and right because they lack Meso Guard? Hell no. And they have the same HP too.

Meso Guard rules. However, if you're using it for the sole purpose of survivability in a party with a priest, it's unavoidable money spent. Heal won't give you back the money that is used from the skill.

>MESO EXPLOZIONZ (aka MESO BOM CAN KEEL CRIMSONSS ROGG. IS BEST SKILZL. CB ARE OWN BOSS
    - Sure. Just don't do it channel 1 where Noobs can loot you. The only reason why we can take on Crimson earlier than some other classes, is because of Meso Guard/Meso Explosion. As soon as the other classes reach that level where C.Rog is added to their hitlist, you'll be KSed. Face it. Meso Explosion is useless. When Pickpocket makes 1 meso pop out of a zombie's ass (which DOES happen), and you explode for 14 damage, you might feel bad. Maxed out Meso Explosion and maxed out Pickpocket is nice to watch, but not great. And let's look BEYOND Crimson Balrog (cuz it R nub plz). Thanatos = Hermit Fodder. Gate = pwnzors CB's.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that meso explosion is overrated. It can be fun at times, but that's mostly it. By the time you get at least one point in meso guard, you can fight crimson rog the honorable way without using cheap explosions.

>BANDIT R UNIQ CLAZ AND R BETTR THAN SINZ
    - I see a LOT of bandits now. I don't know where they came from or how they came to be, but they've arrived. Although bandits will never match up to the sin population, the numbers ARE growing. You are no longer special. So if you're looking for a class that no one plays, play a BW Page, please. There are around 2 of those in Scania.

I never saw bandits as unique, ever since I started mine in Bera, I'd seen several other bandits as I progressed. Definitely much more common than I ever saw in Beta though.

>CB WILL BE GUD 4TH JOB
    - Probably not. Wizet loves money. They charge you more than a dollar to speak (Super Megaphone). Freaking Communists. In any case, MS is maybe around 25% sin. That's not a tested figure, it's just what it feels like. (Someone get some real figures please). When 4th job comes out in 2042, people will have quit already. Therefore, Hermits and DK's will own during 4th job (in order to entice those players to come back), and the least played classes (Snipers, CB's) will get ownzored, since there are only 4 people left playing either classes. This logic is obvious, and everyone knows that it's gonna happen.
    If somehow, CB's become godly during 4th job, I'll go to church everyday, become a vegan, shave my head, and never get married.

4th job is irrelevant in any argument since it simply isn't out yet. Until anybody knows what the REAL skills are, this should be left out of any conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by NINJADUDEv.2
    yeah, this is seriously an underestimation of the bandit. they are just as fun as an assassin. they do very stable damage. Assassins are nothing without critical. Banidts are screwed over by wizet, but not by as much this guy says. Also, the weakest class aint bandits, its clerics. (no offense)

I think its just a matter of personal interest.
    This is 2nd job thinking. Once you start comparing 3rd job classes for what they really are, you'll definitely see chief bandits as being weak or little use compared to other classes. In 2nd job, they're just fine. Stable damage, powerful, fast. This is practically everyone's view on the bandit.

A recent sleepywood.net poll has voted Chief Bandits as the WORST third job class, taking 30% of the votes. In comparison, fire/poison mages come in 2nd at 23% of the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by joonyung
    Ok, I doubt that guy got a bandit to 3rd job. I see so many people judging stuff when they don't even know for sure. I don't even have a bandit and I still disagree with him.
    Well he did say he had an 8x bandit, though I guess you don't have to believe it.

Bottom line is, when people argue that bandits suck, they're speaking mostly in terms of 3rd job. If you're not a bandit, then your opinion is generally rendered invalid in such a discussion, same goes for bandits who aren't 3rd job. Trust me, it's one of those things that you just have to experience for yourself to fully understand. Watching videos and screenshots won't give you this understanding.

SW.net never fails to amaze me with level 4x people (mages, assassins, bandits, whatever) trying to tell experienced chief bandits how good their skills are.

And that's it for now...
    This signature is out of date from years ago, I don't play these characters anymore but I'm not updating it because it's awesome.

Bera (Playing again, sometimes, whenever I feel like it)
    Taesol - Lev 91 Chief Bandit
    Kazelar - Lev 44 HP cleric (New build)

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Oh and sorry for posting twice, the first time I got an error, so I didn't think it got put into the forum.
    Sorry bout thatt.
    =]
    But, he generally brings out a lot of facts, it's really doubting me about if I actually will be able to survive getting Mono to those high levels with some actual fun involved.
    Because, it's about playing the game and enjoying your character too, so it might just change for me, I was feeling the slight beginning of dullness with him.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Bandits do not suck.But is quite hard to train from lvl 30-35.
    Lceiilusion 8x I/L mage (bootes) Dead
    FireyXBandit 7x Dit (bootes) Hyper-Active

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

actually, I started off with a bandit and got him to lvl 4x but when I switched worlds, I decided to go spearman. And just because that guy got a bandit to 3rd job and was dissappointed doesn't mean other people will.
    "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spritual fervor, serving the Lord." (Romans 12:11)

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by NINJADUDEv.2
    yeah, this is seriously an underestimation of the bandit. they are just as fun as an assassin. they do very stable damage. Assassins are nothing without critical. Banidts are screwed over by wizet, but not by as much this guy says. Also, the weakest class aint bandits, its clerics. (no offense)

I think its just a matter of personal interest.
    During 3rd Job, Clerics become more and more useful. What they lack in power, they make up for in usefulness.

Playing MS again! Add my Sin, NinjaZero (Scania)

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

for those who enjoy watching your own mesossss blow up, and for those who enjoy watching cool skill animations of that of savage blow and assaulter, bandits are the best ever.

for those who don't, bandits suck hard.

its all a matter of self-preference. why let what others care affect the way you play your game?

after all, it's just a game.

the consequences of choosing a job in maplestory are not as heavy as that of applying for a job in reality.

but then again, why go for a job that you know you won't like? :eek: :eek:
    ibrokeaplate. |:

andrefelicia
    Star Member

inspired by xChrome, i made my first ever sig with paint too. click for my magician/cleric guide

Quote Originally Posted by andrefelicia
    i don't fancy grinding for level, i just wanna sit around and have some fun.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by joonyung
    bandits don't suck. trust me, my cousin has a lvl 80 chief bandit on KMS and he's making good money, lvling fast and even made his own guild. Ive seen him train, he trains at mixed golems, all he does is savage blow and assulter over and over again. it took him no time to get from 70-80. Im actually a lttle jealous because he's 2 years younger than me.

Hint? lvl 80.. not lvl 81+ you know how much cb lose from 81+.... and if its the test server u can obviosuly make a bandit 60x exp+ 60x mesos..

and the writter has many good point... yea bandits are fun but you dont wanan waste your time after you lvl it and u find out u got no more mesos...

even thoguh this whole game is a total waste of time...
    Mayavi:
    Honarary Member
    1159 post

1% done with maple.. i come on alot of times o.0

lvl 11x hermit truebuck

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 10

Bandits do suck... i quit mine got bord of it.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

His words are strong and some facts are true. But he over exaggerated a bit to much because bandits have their strengths and weaknesses. He is saying as if everything about bandits suck!!! not true :mad:

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 12

Coming from a bandit, and a sin owner, both lvl 56. I prefer sin alot more. Long range, and the techniqe(spell check) of it is not the same. What I mean is, for bandits, they only do, Jump and savage. Sins have haste, flash jump, SP, and all. Also, Savage is nearly DOUBLE the Mp cost of Lucky 7. And yet there damage is still EXTREMELY Close. With one savage mana cost, I can cast 2 lucky 7, therefore over powering Bandits, and killing a monster more efficiently. It's true, that a bandit can KS, but bandits OVER kill which is useless since savage is such a drainer. This is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by olaph View Post
    WHOA!! my pokemon newbie evolved into a noobasaur!
    Pokemon, gotta catch'em All!
    " It's a cold world out there...but I'm colder"Kazoo_<3
    Maple: Windia
    8x-Sniper. Proud and active

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast