Grip vs Basic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Grip vs Basic

can someone pls compare all the classes for subj or at least blacksmith? i meen what does more dmg with the same amout of point put in , like 50 in basic or 50 in grip?
    Last edited by Jade_Falcon; 06-24-2006 at 02:17 PM.

well dont just look at the post , write at least what you feel , even if you'r not sure about it.....i just need to decide either i play with basic-attack only blackmith or with a gripper

50 in grip will ofcourse do more than 50 in basic... but it is much easyer to use basic than grip.. I personaly would use basic cause its easyer

well, i was thinking about this in the way you do , till my grips started to land like 3-4 of every 5.....so i think its much better to grip twice then to chase the guy for ages....anyway , blacksmith's basic is good anyway even without making it any stronger so at times you cant grip you can still do nice damage with basic.....which ,as it seems, doesnt work for reverse - if you have your points in basic and you have a chance to grip its much better to use basic , cuz a) there are often guys who wold strike with special while you grip and b) the difference in dmg wouldnt be that big , so cuz of the difficulty of grip its a bit pointles to make yourself work so hard for it instead of striking with basic......

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Thumbs up

I'm a ninja, and personally, I love gripping, (I just REALLY suck at it.) But...I like basic too, because I have this thing I do where I left-click, left-click, right-click, and it stuns you, and I just do that over and over, (and ocassionally throw in a special). The only time I really use grip is if someone misses their grip. :cool: So yeah, I dunno. I'm kind of at a split decision here. But...for blacksmith, I would put all my points into grip, because that frontal grip can be devastating. Have fun.

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Falcon
    well, i was thinking about this in the way you do , till my grips started to land like 3-4 of every 5.....so i think its much better to grip twice then to chase the guy for ages....anyway , blacksmith's basic is good anyway even without making it any stronger so at times you cant grip you can still do nice damage with basic.....which ,as it seems, doesnt work for reverse - if you have your points in basic and you have a chance to grip its much better to use basic , cuz a) there are often guys who wold strike with special while you grip and b) the difference in dmg wouldnt be that big , so cuz of the difficulty of grip its a bit pointles to make yourself work so hard for it instead of striking with basic......
    try doing what i did.
    every level at least one point goes into travel speed and one goes into attack speed. then put the rest into grip..since the blacksmith already has high def and basic attack,so now you have a fast,high attk/def character with a strong grip..i can kill most people in 2-3 grips

im wondering if attack speed has any effect on gripping ... does it?
    and dont you think that blacksmith's basic , without spending any points on it is a bit useless ? you can use it only ro knocking your opponents down..

i just dont know the game good enough to decide got my "basic" BS at lvl 5 now and gripper at lvl 3

Super Moderator Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Falcon
    im wondering if attack speed has any effect on gripping ... does it?
    and dont you think that blacksmith's basic , without spending any points on it is a bit useless ? you can use it only ro knocking your opponents down..
    not at all the blacksmiths basic is high already and you can make it stronger via buying new weapons

also his jump attack is the best in the game and is so strong..you can kill alot of people in a few hits

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Im not one who grips often and i am very good at basic. To me it depends on user and their character. I use basic and then maybe a charge attack so u can get some more damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast