Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Grip vs Basic

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Grip vs Basic

    can someone pls compare all the classes for subj or at least blacksmith? i meen what does more dmg with the same amout of point put in , like 50 in basic or 50 in grip?
    Last edited by Jade_Falcon; 06-24-2006 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    well dont just look at the post , write at least what you feel , even if you'r not sure about it.....i just need to decide either i play with basic-attack only blackmith or with a gripper

  3. #3
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    ikritwarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    50 in grip will ofcourse do more than 50 in basic... but it is much easyer to use basic than grip.. I personaly would use basic cause its easyer

  4. #4
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    well, i was thinking about this in the way you do , till my grips started to land like 3-4 of every 5.....so i think its much better to grip twice then to chase the guy for ages....anyway , blacksmith's basic is good anyway even without making it any stronger so at times you cant grip you can still do nice damage with basic.....which ,as it seems, doesnt work for reverse - if you have your points in basic and you have a chance to grip its much better to use basic , cuz a) there are often guys who wold strike with special while you grip and b) the difference in dmg wouldnt be that big , so cuz of the difficulty of grip its a bit pointles to make yourself work so hard for it instead of striking with basic......

  5. #5
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10
    identi7y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    10

    Thumbs up

    I'm a ninja, and personally, I love gripping, (I just REALLY suck at it.) But...I like basic too, because I have this thing I do where I left-click, left-click, right-click, and it stuns you, and I just do that over and over, (and ocassionally throw in a special). The only time I really use grip is if someone misses their grip. :cool: So yeah, I dunno. I'm kind of at a split decision here. But...for blacksmith, I would put all my points into grip, because that frontal grip can be devastating. Have fun.

  6. #6
    Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scolding Woodhouse
    Posts
    11,552
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Falcon
    well, i was thinking about this in the way you do , till my grips started to land like 3-4 of every 5.....so i think its much better to grip twice then to chase the guy for ages....anyway , blacksmith's basic is good anyway even without making it any stronger so at times you cant grip you can still do nice damage with basic.....which ,as it seems, doesnt work for reverse - if you have your points in basic and you have a chance to grip its much better to use basic , cuz a) there are often guys who wold strike with special while you grip and b) the difference in dmg wouldnt be that big , so cuz of the difficulty of grip its a bit pointles to make yourself work so hard for it instead of striking with basic......
    try doing what i did.
    every level at least one point goes into travel speed and one goes into attack speed. then put the rest into grip..since the blacksmith already has high def and basic attack,so now you have a fast,high attk/def character with a strong grip..i can kill most people in 2-3 grips

  7. #7
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    im wondering if attack speed has any effect on gripping ... does it?
    and dont you think that blacksmith's basic , without spending any points on it is a bit useless ? you can use it only ro knocking your opponents down..

  8. #8
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    i just dont know the game good enough to decide got my "basic" BS at lvl 5 now and gripper at lvl 3

  9. #9
    Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scolding Woodhouse
    Posts
    11,552
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Falcon
    im wondering if attack speed has any effect on gripping ... does it?
    and dont you think that blacksmith's basic , without spending any points on it is a bit useless ? you can use it only ro knocking your opponents down..
    not at all the blacksmiths basic is high already and you can make it stronger via buying new weapons

    also his jump attack is the best in the game and is so strong..you can kill alot of people in a few hits

  10. #10
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Im not one who grips often and i am very good at basic. To me it depends on user and their character. I use basic and then maybe a charge attack so u can get some more damage.

  11. #11
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10
    Zuyku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ok wait hold on lol wat is basic again:confused: -.-"
    WELLL!
    i spend most of time sleepin playing games
    and being lazy dats my thang:cool:

  12. #12
    Codename: Duchess Reputation: 195
    olaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Scolding Woodhouse
    Posts
    11,552
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    basic - is your basic attack

    like left click left click..or left click right click etc etc

  13. #13
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    is the thrust attack , the jump attack and other "combos" are all basic? im asking , cuz i saw someone say that thrust and jump are range attacks

  14. #14
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10
    Megacrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SnorezVillz
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Jump Attacks May Be useful in golemz and ppl but it sucks on Mages cuz they are tiny and hard to jump attack they might Shield then grip u and make u funny Besides i use to be a Blacksmith on my old account long time ago
    i was llv 15 then deleted it i was so bored then i make other charecters.
    but now im useing a mage cuz im pwning for now Blacksmith Grips may be a little fast and strong but when they miss u get Griped Eaisily. Dont grip Forever It might get u in bad luck and then u start like a Newbie..........
    i use to be like that. im trying to delete my Lvl 10 mage cuz it been there forever even when i lvl 11 i can delete it Its Stat points is still there. hope this informations clear to you Except about my acccoutn read it if u wished:cool: i dunt care
    Well! I sleep while i play my computer Being Cool Is just my thang:cool:

  15. #15
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    jump attack is classified under range attack fyi

    i personally think adding both basic and grip is useless if you know how to fight i have a lvl 8 bs that adds pure attack speed so that i dont get gripped too often if i miss my basic but no amount of attack speed is going to save you from my grip if you hit my block unless youre lagging in which no attack is going to hit anyway. bs has high enough damage without any stats added so its just a matter of how good you are in surviving extended battles in different situations. im stronger in 1v1 because i grip like hell but other ppl can go 3v1 and kill but cant do 1v1. suit your playing style with your stat addition but dont forget skill counts for the most

  16. #16
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yiiz View Post
    jump attack is classified under range attack fyi

    i personally think adding both basic and grip is useless if you know how to fight i have a lvl 8 bs that adds pure attack speed so that i dont get gripped too often if i miss my basic but no amount of attack speed is going to save you from my grip if you hit my block unless youre lagging in which no attack is going to hit anyway. bs has high enough damage without any stats added so its just a matter of how good you are in surviving extended battles in different situations. im stronger in 1v1 because i grip like hell but other ppl can go 3v1 and kill but cant do 1v1. suit your playing style with your stat addition but dont forget skill counts for the most
    agree, skill does count the most but w/o the point or armor on ya, u will die fast by other ppl w/ armors.
    bcuz i use to have a bs w/ all my points w/o addin them and w/o any armor. I was pwned very fast w/ other bs (but i was only throwin ax =P, they r too easy to fight w/ my weapon on my bs ^_~) but ya, all im tryin to say is, itz good not to add points to any of the bs but just wear some armor to make ur energy and armor go up to make a even game.

  17. #17
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    well i usually just hammer the hell out of my opponents and i beat my fren and he was wearing knight or something and i wasnt wearing anything. that was because he was mainly goleming and was like almost treating me as a golem or something.

  18. #18
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yiiz View Post
    well i usually just hammer the hell out of my opponents and i beat my fren and he was wearing knight or something and i wasnt wearing anything. that was because he was mainly goleming and was like almost treating me as a golem or something.
    ya, but most golem players play different from team deathmatch. u can really when a player who use to play golem and start playin team. They mostly play like "wait and attack" style or go all attack w/o any thoughts.

  19. #19
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would recommend basic or range if you are a blacksmith.... because a bs's jump attk or axe is the best when maxed out... but a range bs can't 1 on 1 so good.... unless u play the terrain. I wouldn't do grip for bs... save taht for ninja.

  20. #20
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10
    Megacrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SnorezVillz
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    10

    Post -----------------------------------------------------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned View Post
    I would recommend basic or range if you are a blacksmith.... because a bs's jump attk or axe is the best when maxed out... but a range bs can't 1 on 1 so good.... unless u play the terrain. I wouldn't do grip for bs... save taht for ninja.
    Agree. except the 1 on 1 part.......... On blacksmith If ur a Attack Speed pure
    then you wuld suck at strength just keep adding ur basic Attk Range atk Spec Attk and range attk a blacksmith AxeRanga can own a mage on 1 on 1 and a ninja 1 on 1 and most of all a archer becuz there True Power Is all strnegth not Speed.......... then how u do golemz and boss war and team and solo plus Stage u'll die.... all u do is miss grips... how can u defnily WIN?! X( U'll just bee the most Suckyest Blk SMith on the whole world how u think of that?:confused: -Yawn- i gotta sleep
    X(
    Well! I sleep while i play my computer Being Cool Is just my thang:cool:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •